Photo by Melody

Beginner Gardening Questions: Fitting that will connect garden hose to kitchen sink faucet

Communities > Forums > Beginner Gardening Questions
bookmark
Forum: Beginner Gardening QuestionsReplies: 3, Views: 29
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Acemoose
Arlington, VA

June 20, 2013
12:26 PM

Post #9566441

What is a good fitting and where can I get it? My balcony (7'X14') is about 20 feet from the kitchen and I want to fit a connector to the tap so I can connect a garden hose to it and spray and water my plants and veggies on the balcony.
Seedfork
Enterprise, AL
(Zone 8b)

June 20, 2013
12:51 PM

Post #9566475

I would think Lowe's or Home Depot or any good hardware store would carry them.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5568905_connect-garden-hose-sink.html

http://www.amazon.com/LDR-500-2050-Aerator-Adapter/dp/B000I1CDEM/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t

This second link shows a picture of one with a price from Amazon!

This message was edited Jun 20, 2013 7:36 PM
WeeNel
Ayrshire Scotland
United Kingdom

June 20, 2013
3:21 PM

Post #9566696

Any of the hardware stores should be able to help you out as this type of fitting is quite common, BUT, make sure it is a fitting that you can also screw onto your tap so it wont be easy to slip off, when that fitting falls OFF the tap, believe me it will empty all the water in the hose all over your kitchen floor, what I had to do many years ago in your same situation was add a string / rope / chain or something like that placed on the hosepipe and can be tied around the tap to prevent it falling onto the floor IF you use too strong a flow of water, add the extra tie as a secondary safety precaution.

Hope this helps you out. Best Regards. WeeNel.
purpleinopp
Opp, AL
(Zone 8b)

June 24, 2013
10:03 AM

Post #9571213

Agreed, just ask at the hardware store, they will help you find this. You may want a splitter, either at the level where the water exits the spout, or under the cabinet, so you don't have to undo/replace the regular flow each time, just attach the hose or even use splitter with a lever to regulate which flow is active at different times.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Gardening Questions Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cyclanthus bipartitus 'Gigant' bepah 3 Jun 11, 2010 9:05 AM
Welcome to the Beginner Gardening Questions forum! dave 53 Jun 18, 2013 4:28 PM
canna rhizomes help Allison_FL 20 Jan 16, 2013 6:55 PM
Where to locate my garden - light issues Martell 18 Apr 19, 2010 2:17 PM
Baby Oak Tree Seedtosser1 13 Jun 4, 2009 5:13 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America