Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Beginner Gardening Questions: Goldfish plant help...

Communities > Forums > Beginner Gardening Questions
bookmark
Forum: Beginner Gardening QuestionsReplies: 1, Views: 17
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Cowgirl73
Fern Creek, KY

June 28, 2013
10:53 AM

Post #9577099

My goldfish plant has taken a turn for the worse and is looking puny since I replanted it in a larger container... It gets plenty of indirect light from a west facing windo and I water it once a week... It has one bloom on it but the foliage has died off considerably... What am I doing wrong?

As always thank you for any and all help!!
WeeNel
Ayrshire Scotland
United Kingdom

July 2, 2013
2:30 PM

Post #9583637

Dont know the plant by that name to be honest but, for all plants that get re-potted you should NOT plant them into a pot that is too different in size of previous pot, they should go into a new pot about 2 sizes larger.
If the pot is too big, this means the plant is in a whole lot more compost, it takes a lot more water to wet all this extra compost / soil and like all plants when moved, they can go into shock after being settled into the environment of a long time to then be removed and re-potted into cooler soil / compost, then you have to try get the amount of watering right, and the situation you site it in.

Check pot size.
Is the plant in the same position as before.
Have you used the same type of soil the plant was previously in.
Have you fed the plant since re-potting.
Have you got the watering right, Stick finger into soil, if wet DONT water if dry, give water.
has the amount of sunlight changed as most indoor plants like good sun LIGHT but not direct sun onto the plant in a window.
Hope this helps, send in a picture if you can and maybe others can offer better help than myself.
Good luck. WeeNel.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Gardening Questions Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cyclanthus bipartitus 'Gigant' bepah 3 Jun 11, 2010 9:05 AM
Welcome to the Beginner Gardening Questions forum! dave 53 Jun 18, 2013 4:28 PM
canna rhizomes help Allison_FL 20 Jan 16, 2013 6:55 PM
Where to locate my garden - light issues Martell 18 Apr 19, 2010 2:17 PM
Baby Oak Tree Seedtosser1 13 Jun 4, 2009 5:13 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America