Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Beginner Vegetables: question about "space"

Communities > Forums > Beginner Vegetables
bookmark
Forum: Beginner VegetablesReplies: 1, Views: 15
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
thumbofgreen
Madera Acres, CA

June 29, 2013
5:24 PM

Post #9579233

This is the only corner I have for best sunlight & I must hang (only).So here is my first mini hanging garden.My question is will the vegtables be too close as thew grow? Does it harm them if they touch?I have strawberries & tomatoes & bell pepper in the white container

Thumbnail by thumbofgreen
Click the image for an enlarged view.

kittriana

kittriana
Magnolia, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 29, 2013
6:06 PM

Post #9579278

depends on the mater variety... tomatoes can vine, grow to 12' long and will overtake everything, bell peppers are slow growers, it isnt so much the touching as it is the craving sun water and fertilizer that becomes important, food for tomatoes is different than bells. Strawberries stay small, but spread and send out runners and like it shady in the afternoon, while bells and tomatoes want full sun. You are going to need MUCH larger pots for the tomatoes, and not much smaller pots than the tomato pots for the bells that can grow 3'-4' high when in ground... not much help amI? sorry

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Vegetables Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Beginner Vegetables forum! dave 24 Mar 24, 2013 6:54 PM
Tomato problems jkehl 40 Oct 15, 2010 1:06 PM
starting a vegie garden wilflower 28 May 24, 2012 2:38 PM
Nasturtiums and squash? Terry 41 Mar 24, 2007 8:07 PM
Bees Please jkehl 95 Apr 7, 2013 7:37 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America