Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Don't Get Burned by "Burning Bush": Burning Bush has Invaded the Midwest!

Communities > Forums > Article: Don't Get Burned by "Burning Bush"
bookmark
Forum: Article: Don't Get Burned by "Burning Bush"Replies: 1, Views: 5
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
plant_it
Valparaiso, IN

June 30, 2013
11:27 PM

Post #9581038

I'm in Northwest Indiana. The prior homeowner planted 2 burning bushes as part of the landscaping. They turned into 15 ft tall monsters. They were un-trimmable. I took a walk through the surrounding woods and saw that they are everywhere! They're almost as numerous as the dreaded honeysuckle bushes. Only they are much more difficult to get out than a honeysuckle bush.

It infuriates me when I go to my local Home Depot and see them for sale. Your average homeowner may not have a clue that Burning Bush is totally invasive, but Home Depot should. Shame on them.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

July 1, 2013
6:57 AM

Post #9581436

I completely agree. The really scary thing (to me) is the people who wrote to me from OR or WA and said "oh, it's not invasive in the west." I say, "oh yeah, wait another 25-50 years."

Good luck to you getting rid of it!

edited to reflect the fact that I answered from my cell phone!

This message was edited Jul 2, 2013 5:36 PM

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Don't Get Burned by "Burning Bush" Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Should be outlawed in the whole US JuneyBug 9 Mar 8, 2011 9:01 AM
Had no idea! Sundownr 17 Mar 7, 2011 2:00 PM
It should burn in h... quiltjean 1 Mar 7, 2011 8:21 AM
Invasive species Notill 9 Mar 11, 2011 11:40 AM
Dwarf Burning Bushes from Stark Bro's Th d94114 3 Mar 18, 2011 1:56 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America