Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Poultry and Livestock: Young Araucanas

Communities > Forums > Poultry and Livestock
bookmark
Forum: Poultry and LivestockReplies: 3, Views: 32
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Light_for_Jesus

(Zone 6b)

July 16, 2013
6:34 PM

Post #9601655

These were hatched out a number of weeks ago. [HYPERLINK@www.youtube.com]

Now these two hatched out and are totally a different color. [HYPERLINK@www.youtube.com]

porkpal
Richmond, TX

July 17, 2013
6:07 AM

Post #9602015

I know that Ameraucanas can be various unpredictable colors. I assume the same is true of Araucanas. They also can change colors dramatically with each early molt. Cute chicks!
Light_for_Jesus

(Zone 6b)

July 17, 2013
2:12 PM

Post #9602630

Thanks Porkpal. Appreciate it. I have a couple of roosters in my backyard that I'm not legally supposed to have. I know the neighbors across the street can hear them crow. Nobody seems to care though. Nobody has reported me. I don't have a neighbor to the north. :) That house is mine, though still junky. The building to the south and across the ally from me are owned by an organization that has day care for the mentally challenged adults. They don't bother me about it. So far so good. The roosters are pretty good not to crow a lot anyway.

What I am trying to say is that I am trying to hatch out some baby silkies too. That is why I have the roosters here. One good thing about it, I can move them outside of town if I need to.

GBU Porkpal.
Light_for_Jesus

(Zone 6b)

July 17, 2013
2:14 PM

Post #9602632

I was at the Allsups the other day, which is like 7/11 or Toot'n'Totem. I heard this loud crowing rooster. It wasn't mine. :D lol So somebody around there also has a rooster in their yard. Pretty funny. The chicken crowd is growing.

Personally, I'd rather hear a rooster than a barking dog.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Poultry and Livestock Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Raising Keets (baby guineas) TamaraFaye 39 Apr 29, 2012 1:19 PM
Guineas moved into new home TamaraFaye 91 Jun 7, 2008 9:31 PM
What should I do for my sick hen? Tammy 51 Dec 16, 2007 8:55 PM
Sheep losing wool KathyJo 16 May 7, 2008 11:37 PM
Anyone raise rabbits ? PeggieK 41 Jul 10, 2008 12:07 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America