"It rained ants...

Melbourne, KY(Zone 6a)

...in Nancy, France."

Did they have on li'l fancy pants? *ducking and running*
(Fascinating, thanks!)

Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

Haahahaahaahaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!! Heeheeheee **giggle**. You crack me up!!!

Melbourne, KY(Zone 6a)

How could I resist that one?

Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

You simply could not, and I'm glad you didn't! < =D

Near Central, IA(Zone 5a)

LOLOL!

It was only recently that I started paying attention to the hortiscopes. There are some real gems.

This was my favorite...
It is important to focus on the task at hand, especially if you work in an orange juice factory. If you can't concentrate, you might get canned.

Melbourne, KY(Zone 6a)

LOL That's a good one!

Near Central, IA(Zone 5a)

This was at the top of this week's newsletter...

"When gardening I have one gift, you won't find in manuals. I know it's strange, but I can change, perennials into annuals. -- Dick Emmons (printed in the Wall Street Journal)"

Besides errant commas, I am trying to figure this one out. Is it saying that he knows how to kill perennials? Or that he removes perennials and replaces them with annuals?

Personally, I enjoy the bright vivid splash of color that some annuals can provide, it seems a waste of time to have to plant them every year. I am working on putting in as many natives as possible, those that are perennial, or can reseed themselves without work on my part, like the Partridge Pea.

One weird thing is we have some petunias that keep coming up every year. They are not supposed to do that. We've not planted any for at least two years! I am debating whether or not to let this go. It is a low to the ground plant and hasn't hindered the natives, but yet I'd rather have something that seems to attract pollinators. I do not see anything at the petunias.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images