SOLVED: Kalanchoe Bracteata ?

Andrews, TX(Zone 8a)

It was suggested to me that this is a kalanchoe. With that in mind, Bracteata most closely resembles what this is according to my interpretation of Palmbob's photos in Plant Files. The only difference being the leaves on mine are serrated. Could it be because it is young? I am really anxious to learn. Any help would be appreciated.

Thumbnail by Kbh69
Opp, AL(Zone 8b)

Not a very clear pic. K. blossfeldiana is very common, have you ruled that out?

Sodwana Bay KZN, South Africa

I think you have a Crassula there, not a Kalanchoe.
Regards, Maddy

Andrews, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks for the input. I am certain it is not a Blossfeldiana. I will take a better photo in the morning. The stems are not woody at all. It is sturdy, but the leaf and stem structure looks fragile. I need to peruse Crassula options in Plant Files..... Also in the a.m. Thanks again for the help.

Sodwana Bay KZN, South Africa

Try Crassula sarmentosa http://kumbulanursery.co.za/plants/crassula-sarmentosa-ssp-sarmentosa , and if you can take a close-up shot of the leaves that will help tremedously!
:-)

Andrews, TX(Zone 8a)

Maddy, I so appreciate your help. Here are some better photos. I have note checked the link you sent. That's next!

Thumbnail by Kbh69 Thumbnail by Kbh69
Andrews, TX(Zone 8a)

I checked the link and it looks like my gal! Thanks so much fo the link! I have saved that site. Very informative. Most of my favorites are indigenous to South Africa! Lucky you! Thanks again!
Kiley

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.