SOLVED: Help in Identifing This

Beautiful, BC(Zone 9b)

Reminds me of Rhus (Sumac)

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

I can ID the spurge at the side-LOL! I have tons of that everywhere!

Hazel Dell North, WA

Quote from JoParrott :
I can ID the spurge at the side-LOL! I have tons of that everywhere!

It migrated from my neighbor who intentionally introduced it. At least it keeps me active hoe'ing it up daily...LOL

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

It would be good to have more pictures of these: from the side, closeups of stems, leaves, buds, etc.

It reminds me of Ailanthus altissima...

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

You gotta be kidding! Who in their right mind would plant spurge? It is an abomination- it sprouts with seeds already covering it's little leaves, and when you try pulling it you get an irritating milky goo on your hands. I think mine comes from our yucky irrigation water.

Hazel Dell North, WA

Quote from ViburnumValley :
It would be good to have more pictures of these: from the side, closeups of stems, leaves, buds, etc.

It reminds me of Ailanthus altissima...

You may have hit it on the head. They are only 6 to 8 inches tall but I noticed the telltale notch toward the stem on the leaves. But the new leaves are not redish in color!

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

Snap a stem off, and sniff for the tell-tale scent...

You also might note if there are any mature trees growing anywhere nearby. When you mentioned that you found them growing in your garden, it made me think of how easy this plant sprouts from disturbed root systems.

You also should post your pictures here, rather than simply attaching links. Those often break, and then future seekers of knowledge are left wanting. Especially the upside down black/white cat...

Hazel Dell North, WA

Quote from ViburnumValley :
Snap a stem off, and sniff for the tell-tale scent...

You also might note if there are any mature trees growing anywhere nearby. When you mentioned that you found them growing in your garden, it made me think of how easy this plant sprouts from disturbed root systems.

You also should post your pictures here, rather than simply attaching links. Those often break, and then future seekers of knowledge are left wanting. Especially the upside down black/white cat...

OK.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.