Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

This appears in my mostly sunny zone 7a front hill.

Thumbnail by happy_macomb Thumbnail by happy_macomb Thumbnail by happy_macomb Thumbnail by happy_macomb
Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

hi, Happy. The images I'm finding online of dicentra cucullaria look a bit more feathery--each blade longer and thinner--than what is in the photos here.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Does it smell weird? Looks kind of like Corydalis lutea, which could easily have gotten in one of my offerings to you, as a seed. But I'm not 1000% on that ID.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Catmint: Thanks -- that is helpful.

SallyG: It doesn't look like Corydalis to me, unless this is what Corydalis does in the sun. I do have a lot of Corydalis from Critter from a few years back. I'll take a cutting and compare - thanks for the idea. Mine is in the shade, and is wispy, but it might be a completely different animal in the sun.

It's not Corydalis cheilanthifolia, but that other Corydalis came to me by unknown means. There are more in Plantfiles that I didn't know but would like to have.
It sure does look like we are in the right family. It seems to have those juicy stems.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

SallyG: I do believe you are right. It looks so different from my Corydalis plants in the shade -- it is compact and busy in the sun -- but I took a cutting and compared the two, and you are spot on. I don't recall it blooming -- I'll see what it does next year. I'll be perfectly happy if Feverfew and Corydalis wander around my awful front hill. Thank you!

I have many Corydalis lutea seedlings from the spring which have not bloomed this year either.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I look forward to this one blooming in the spring, if it can make it through the winter on that awful exposed hill.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.