Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Marigolds

Thompson Falls, MT

I planted these Marigolds from seed this year. Most of the plants are large but not a single plant gave me a flower. Any thoughts?

Thumbnail by clownchic
(Zone 7a)

Tagetes bloom mid-late Summer. I would give them more time.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

They really look good and healthy. Starting them from seed is quite an accomplishment. At least it would be for me. I agree that I'd give them more time, and in the meantime, have they been fed? Maybe a little boost with a 'blooming' fertilizer.

Ayrshire Scotland, United Kingdom

I agree with Kwanjin, these plants look healthy to me and the only advice I would give would be to either hoe, rake or gently fork the ground around the plants as this will allow water to reach down to the roots, in hot weather our soil gets a crust forming on the top of the soil and water runs off it, IF you need to give a liquid feed by forking and breaking up the crust, the feed will reach the roots easier.
Other than that, just be a bit more patient and you will first see the tiny little buds and they will soon enlarge quite fast till they burst into Orang /yellow or even reddish flowers.
Good luck. WeeNel.

Tobyhanna, PA(Zone 5a)

I planted French Marigolds from seed this year and they are just starting to bloom now. Give them a little bit more time .... :>)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.