Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
clownchic
Thompson Falls, MT

July 25, 2013
9:23 AM

Post #9611487

I planted these Marigolds from seed this year. Most of the plants are large but not a single plant gave me a flower. Any thoughts?

Thumbnail by clownchic
Click the image for an enlarged view.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

July 25, 2013
10:44 AM

Post #9611545

Tagetes bloom mid-late Summer. I would give them more time.
tlm1
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 25, 2013
11:01 AM

Post #9611552

They really look good and healthy. Starting them from seed is quite an accomplishment. At least it would be for me. I agree that I'd give them more time, and in the meantime, have they been fed? Maybe a little boost with a 'blooming' fertilizer.
WeeNel
Ayrshire Scotland
United Kingdom

July 25, 2013
3:59 PM

Post #9611843

I agree with Kwanjin, these plants look healthy to me and the only advice I would give would be to either hoe, rake or gently fork the ground around the plants as this will allow water to reach down to the roots, in hot weather our soil gets a crust forming on the top of the soil and water runs off it, IF you need to give a liquid feed by forking and breaking up the crust, the feed will reach the roots easier.
Other than that, just be a bit more patient and you will first see the tiny little buds and they will soon enlarge quite fast till they burst into Orang /yellow or even reddish flowers.
Good luck. WeeNel.
PAgirl60
Tobyhanna, PA
(Zone 5a)

July 25, 2013
5:13 PM

Post #9611901

I planted French Marigolds from seed this year and they are just starting to bloom now. Give them a little bit more time ... :>)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Flowers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Beginner Flowers forum! dave 147 Feb 14, 2013 3:15 AM
snapdragon picture gessiegail 39 Jan 1, 2012 1:04 PM
show us beginners your blooms gessiegail 324 Jan 8, 2012 6:20 AM
Favorite annuals from your 2006 garden! Trish 81 Mar 7, 2007 2:02 PM
Heat Mats Ironsides 6 Nov 27, 2007 1:31 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America