-
AuthorContent
HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

July 28, 2013
3:38 AM

Post #9614043

Ric and I went on a pond tour yesterday. I thought you might enjoy seeing the lovely ponds that we toured. We got a bit of a late start and they were very spread out so we missed seeing two of the ponds but the ones we saw were all very nice and each one different.
The Cat's Meow
Meticulously maintained gardens with 5 waterfalls cascading into the pond.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS   Thumbnail by HollyAnnS   Thumbnail by HollyAnnS   Thumbnail by HollyAnnS   Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Click an image for an enlarged view.

HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

July 28, 2013
3:56 AM

Post #9614050

The proceeds from the tour went to support the Pa Arts Experience and at each location there where artists set up working on paintings.
More of The Cat's Meow

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS   Thumbnail by HollyAnnS   Thumbnail by HollyAnnS   Thumbnail by HollyAnnS   Thumbnail by HollyAnnS

HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

July 28, 2013
4:11 AM

Post #9614054

There were local restaurants and winery's giving out samples at each stop as well.
Jax & Lucy's Retreat
The outdoor fireplace was just gorgeous as was the large outdoor kitchen. My favorite detail here was the waterfall coming thru the wall into a small pond at the bottom. I really liked the mixed media walks with flagstone and brick, too.

HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

July 28, 2013
4:15 AM

Post #9614055

More of Jax & Lucy's Retreat

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS   Thumbnail by HollyAnnS   Thumbnail by HollyAnnS   Thumbnail by HollyAnnS   

HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

July 28, 2013
4:29 AM

Post #9614060

Several of the locations also had musicians set up so we had music to listen too as well as the sound of the waterfalls.
Mountain Stream Overlook.
The 50' stream begins with a small waterfall and then drops over 10' into the pond at the center of it all. My favorite feature here was the placement of the pergola, front and center right at the edge of the pond. I could see myself just sitting and relaxing with a glass of wine right here.

HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

July 28, 2013
4:35 AM

Post #9614063

More of Mountain Stream Overlook.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS   Thumbnail by HollyAnnS   Thumbnail by HollyAnnS   Thumbnail by HollyAnnS   

HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

July 28, 2013
4:50 AM

Post #9614067

This was the largest and most impressive one. Huge Koi and beautiful views.
Koi Resort.

HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

July 28, 2013
4:58 AM

Post #9614077

More of Koi Resort

HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

July 28, 2013
5:03 AM

Post #9614080

and still more.
Oops, Last two pics are from Falling Fountains

This message was edited Jul 28, 2013 9:10 AM

ge1836

ge1836
Pittsford, NY
(Zone 6a)

July 28, 2013
5:04 AM

Post #9614082

Thanks HollyAnnS great water features.
HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

July 28, 2013
5:17 AM

Post #9614100

Falling Fountains
Has two separate water features in different locations. First the lovely pondless waterfall out front. I really liked this but it doesn't get seen much. You don't really see it from the house or any outside sitting areas and the house is on a dead end with only two other homes so there isn't a lot of drive by viewing either.

ge1836

ge1836
Pittsford, NY
(Zone 6a)

July 28, 2013
5:24 AM

Post #9614103

Too bad about the placement of the unseen fountain.
Those are big properties. The waterfall is great.We have tsalked about something like that here,but its just talk.
HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

July 28, 2013
5:26 AM

Post #9614107

Falling Fountains second feature a 11X16 pond in the back next to the patio.

HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

July 28, 2013
5:38 AM

Post #9614117

Glad you are enjoying them. Yes they were some very nice homes. This last one was different and actually my favorite. A more modest home in a lovely woodland setting. Unfortunately we arrived at this location last and just as a big thunder storm started so the pictures aren't good. We stood under the wide roof eaves snapped a few pics thru the heavy downpour and talked to the very nice owners. Because of the location behind the house and hilly terrain this was all done without heavy equipment. Using the native rock and working around and between them. The canoe is a separate system with bog plants.
Woodland Oasis,
The enormous natural boulders created a challenging installation. This two tiered pond looks like nature carved it hundreds of years ago.

HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

July 28, 2013
5:39 AM

Post #9614118

Hope you all will enjoy the tour and get some ideas from my pictures.

ge1836

ge1836
Pittsford, NY
(Zone 6a)

July 28, 2013
5:41 AM

Post #9614119

I really like the cozy last gardens best.Its more like my taste.
Great job on the pix.
Seedfork
Enterprise, AL
(Zone 8b)

July 28, 2013
6:07 AM

Post #9614138

Those are so lovely, makes me wish I could afford such nice water features. I am happy with my two fountains, but a pond would be nice. Thanks for taking the time to post all the photos.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

July 28, 2013
6:59 AM

Post #9614183

These are beautiful Holly with such wonderful ideas. I like the idea of smaller ponds tucked here and there. Such a gorgeous setting.

Thank you for sharing. It looks like you and Ric had a nice afternoon on the tour.
HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

July 28, 2013
2:49 PM

Post #9614531

We really did. We got a bit late start and the properties were really spread out. Three in one area then two in another and three more at the finish only one of those we got to see. If we had just gotten started an hour earlier we would have seen them all. But there were some errands that needed to be done as we had a planned family paddle first thing this morning.
coleup
annapolis, MD
(Zone 7b)

July 28, 2013
11:10 PM

Post #9614887

Thanks Holly!

What a wonderful fund raiser! I hope it is or will become an annual event so you can see the last two ponds next year and some of us can join you!
bellieg
Virginia Beach, VA

July 29, 2013
1:12 AM

Post #9614899

Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures.

Belle
HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

July 29, 2013
4:08 AM

Post #9614972

They have been having it every year but we were never able to go before just never on a day we had free.
MerryMary
Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL
(Zone 9b)

July 29, 2013
7:46 AM

Post #9615165

Goodness! Thank you for sharing! Next year give us a month notice and we'll make a road trip! I'd love to see those in person.
WormsLovSharon
Las Vegas, NV

July 29, 2013
5:54 PM

Post #9615798

All beautiful. Lovely landscape and waterfalls. Thanks so much for sharing. However, I am so glad I do not have that much property. I would be dead trying to garden every inch of it.
BonnieGardens
Clermont, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 30, 2013
11:57 AM

Post #9616549

Thanks for sharing all the lovely pictures. Glad you enjoyed your day.
Very inspirational.
Bonnie
HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

July 30, 2013
1:36 PM

Post #9616652

I am really glad you are enjoying them, hope you get some good ideas from the pictures.
We have several small pond features but still haven't put in a big inground pond. A tour like this just makes me think how great it would be to just call the pond company and say come put it in. LOL

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Water Gardens Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Lotus/Kitty Litter Mardell 36 Jun 21, 2011 5:29 AM
This is my waterpond before we started the new construction! TraciS 9 Feb 19, 2008 1:35 PM
No Pump Water Garden gardening101usa 4 Mar 12, 2007 5:50 PM
Easy and inexpensive pond... BigDaddy99 85 Aug 8, 2008 11:05 PM
How many ponders are out there ?? List your names - Update! judycooksey 361 Jun 7, 2014 5:30 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America