Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Beginner Flowers: European or Wild Ginger

Communities > Forums > Beginner Flowers
bookmark
Forum: Beginner FlowersReplies: 4, Views: 32
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
AnnFran
East Greenbush, NY

July 31, 2013
7:49 AM

Post #9617320

Am not sure which type of ginger I have, maybe both, just put in the plants this Spring.
They have some brown leaves now. We had both torrential rain and then a period of 90 degree weather for a week. I bought the plants unmarked at a garden club sale. Anyone know why the leaves are brown? F.McC.
WeeNel
Ayrshire Scotland
United Kingdom

August 1, 2013
6:54 AM

Post #9618201

Could be the plants went from one extreme to the other and lot's of water to boot.
Is there any chance you could send a picture of the foliage so we can all have a look at the brown spots, that would help better than giving you a half doz different maybe ideas.
Good luck , WeeNel.
HeatherY
Kensington, NY

August 1, 2013
9:29 PM

Post #9619007

I got some wild ginger at a plant swap this spring, I will try to post pics soon.
cheers
HeatherY
AnnFran
East Greenbush, NY

August 2, 2013
11:51 AM

Post #9619473

Thanks to all the wild ginger fans. Some of the leaves were 90% brown. It's looked a little better now that the weather has moderated, If you knew how bad I was with a camera you would want to see a pict. Thanks to all. AnnFran
HeatherY
Kensington, NY

August 13, 2013
7:12 PM

Post #9630069

Here is a picture of a plant I know is wild ginger.
HeatherY

Thumbnail by HeatherY
Click the image for an enlarged view.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Flowers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Beginner Flowers forum! dave 147 Feb 14, 2013 3:15 AM
snapdragon picture gessiegail 39 Jan 1, 2012 1:04 PM
show us beginners your blooms gessiegail 324 Jan 8, 2012 6:20 AM
Favorite annuals from your 2006 garden! Trish 81 Mar 7, 2007 2:02 PM
Heat Mats Ironsides 6 Nov 27, 2007 1:31 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America