Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Morning Glories: Morning Glories 2013 #07

Communities > Forums > Morning Glories
bookmark
Forum: Morning GloriesReplies: 105, Views: 617
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 1, 2013
2:19 PM

Post #9618623

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1326197

Helenas pretty Azuremore Wild Pink with blue stripes. A beauty Thanks Helena.

One of Debras from her Patio Mix, pretty colors on this small MG. thanks Debra.

Front porch no Mai

Purp

Nasturtium

Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie
Click an image for an enlarged view.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 1, 2013
8:42 PM

Post #9618984

beautiful! Hay I see an i setosa there ;D
my kikyo turned out blurry, boo hoo.. maybe another try later this weekend.

here is what greeted me this am white mg bush the lavender is out front to the south and is going crazy..
caught my lil hummer while sipping my morning tea this am..youjiro rosita
jaimie lynn, purps

Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 1, 2013
9:47 PM

Post #9619012

Debra, yes that is a setosa you see. One in that tub and 2 in the other tub.
I love your blooms, nice to see a white mg tree and your Rosita is
beautiful. I have one going too and hoping I get blooms.

I wonder if this is a setosa bloom. I don't get up early enough to see it before it starts closing.

Thumbnail by patootie
Click the image for an enlarged view.

dany12
szarvas
Hungary

August 2, 2013
4:04 AM

Post #9619075

I have 120 pots of 1.5 gallon and 70 pots with 3.5 gallon .
1 - Blue leopard!
2 - 3 On the same tutor with lighter flowers.
4 - Fuji no Monet.
5 - big flower from Japan.

Thumbnail by dany12   Thumbnail by dany12   Thumbnail by dany12   Thumbnail by dany12   Thumbnail by dany12

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 2, 2013
6:03 AM

Post #9619159

Dany, you work too hard LOL
Jackie that looks like an i purp pink, setosa has a lavender bloom with a darker center..

Thumbnail by joeswife

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 2, 2013
12:45 PM

Post #9619528

Dany, Beautiful blooms.

Thanks Debra. I got up earlier this morning and got to check out the bloom b4 it started closing. It was this color, perhaps a lavender but no dark center

Pink carnea #'s 2 and 3
Love the dark purps
No Mai

Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 2, 2013
7:11 PM

Post #9619815

I love your i carnea.. the setosa kinda looks likt that one, only not as scallopped as the i carnea.. I managed to to tear away ( un twine and snip) the hanging basket over the bog pond under the arbor it was tangled up with the pandurata that I planted in ground.. just in a day I see more buds on it now, prolly for the extra sun it is getting now..put some Helena seeds in that hanging basket and so now it is vining on ground by the south corner gate area. The inch and a half of rain in hour melted all the glory blooms this am. I have some simular to your
light pink no mai.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 2, 2013
11:24 PM

Post #9619929

Thanks Debra. I had to tuck all mine back under cover for the possibly heavy
rain coming our way again. So much rain in the past 2 weeks, that most all our burn bans have been lifted statewide.
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

August 3, 2013
12:10 AM

Post #9619940

Deborah, I love your hummer..

Dany, you have a very nice selection and beautiful show case of I. Nils. Good for you and a job well done. I wish I could see them in person, what a breathtaking view you must have there.

Jackie, I like that carnea, I need to get some going here. I think it would do well here,

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 3, 2013
12:14 AM

Post #9619943

same here, Jackie, raining now, I feel rich I have so much water..

the vine on the arbor in a large pot on one side is merrimia dissecta, and another one is rivera corymbosa, found the tags finally. got seeds from both and still plucking as they ripen. Those have to come in for winter, but Pandy gets to stay on the arbor. I have seeds for john clayton lonicera now. some really big i nils on the arbor now, but they were rainedout again.. already starting on the basement, setting up the vine room a little different after we remodel it, and I am excited for my new leds in that area since the t5's are in the main room. my orange noah is back with the purps, setosa, lav moon vine turbina and i nils. the arbor also has passon vines on one side so here is hoping. Here is shiva,a nice large i nil, noah, unknown blue, the white alba and a gloriosa lily going wild..

Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife

Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

August 3, 2013
12:20 AM

Post #9619946

Those are gorgeous , I don't know of anyone else growing corymbrosa, and getting it to go to seed. I have Helena's orange pumpkin growing and some other small flowering mgs. Hopefully winter doesnt come to soon.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 3, 2013
12:40 AM

Post #9619950

A, I'm hoping my carnea makes seeds this yr, If so, would be the 1st its made in yrs.
Debra lovely blooms all. Your 2nd one looks like a Lavender silk to me.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 3, 2013
12:50 AM

Post #9619953

thankyou, now I can tag the two fat pods getting rainsoaked right now, and baggie them, thanks so much. Bagged up 12 of the merremia so far..and about 8 of the corymbosa so far, many pods are waiting to dry out there.. found a huge seed pod of Kopper King that took and is getting very large, this year I ammoving it to the front full sun corner. I also have a seed pod on my red iochroma, hope I don't lose it I need to bag it before it falls off.My green envy zinnia never fails me, same seed every year , Here is what I see when I sit across in my chair

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 3, 2013
12:58 AM

Post #9619956

Debra, I am just guessing on the Lavender Silk. Lets see if anyone else agrees
with me. The whole pattern of your bloom reminds me of my Pink silk. The only difference being the color of the bloom.
dany12
szarvas
Hungary

August 3, 2013
2:28 AM

Post #9619987

1 - ... my problem ... one container ... two cultivars. It would not be a problem if the seeds are tan and the other black! ... but tan seeds are rare !
2 - I was thinking this flower is white ... but not ! ( fertility ... can do better!).
3 - closer ! ... Later I hope the flowers will have more blue spots!
In fact it's a cultivar coming from Kyushu collection ( Q ... something ! ) ,there is another one with purple splash but no flower yet.
4 - Like this one from Japan web... it will be EXTRA !
5 - Maybe a cross with this one!

Thumbnail by dany12   Thumbnail by dany12   Thumbnail by dany12   Thumbnail by dany12   Thumbnail by dany12

dany12
szarvas
Hungary

August 3, 2013
2:52 AM

Post #9619996

I've completely deregulated my camera ... I do not like my pictures anymore ... there as a blue filter on everything! ... sniff ...sniff !

The last two pictures ... other settings ... is better!
Rem : last picture is Q0269 or Dany's #8 There are two versions, one with full picotee and one color (less beautiful).
http://pics.davesgarden.com/pics/2013/07/27/patootie/206862.jpg
But seeds of Dany's #8 are mix.
I see LK has the bicolor version too.

luvsgrtdanes

luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA
(Zone 6b)

August 3, 2013
4:37 AM

Post #9620018

I'll agree Debra for what it's worth your lavender does look like a silk! Very pretty.

Jackie's Blue/Lavender beauty is putting on a nice show for me!

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes   Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes   Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes   Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes   

Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

August 3, 2013
8:40 AM

Post #9620219

Dany, OMG.. On that second and third one, reversed tube, flag, beautiful all in one, even the color is superb ..

The blue speckled one that I have and shared with Becky, Helena, and jackie, started off with just one dot of blue, and through a couple of grow outs it got more and more spots. Yours may get mor and more streaks, dashes etc after a couple more grow outs . I have not crossed mine to anything so I still have the original blue spotted seeds. Try to keep some pure for your self if you can.

Deborah, what a view, I love hardy hibiscus, copper king is one of my favorites. Is yours setting seed yet? Mine has two seed pods already. It has been so terribly hot, but we got rain a couple of days in a row so I've got some mgs taking over some areas.

I need to clean these up some.

Thumbnail by Gourd   Thumbnail by Gourd   Thumbnail by Gourd   Thumbnail by Gourd   Thumbnail by Gourd

Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

August 3, 2013
8:47 AM

Post #9620222

Before coming to this forum in 2003 I was growing a very light Joyce Cobb and I am tring to get this color back, I don't know if I can get the one I want but here are a couple that are real close. These are purpurea seeds from 2003', original seeds were from Larry Smith who named this mg after his mother. I love this one ..

I've got many many varieties of this and it has crossed so much that the recessive genes keep showing up. Mid like to keep this one pure, the one I am still hunting for is even lighter than this one but has the dark edges like this has..

I don't remember if I put mine into the plant files or not since I never think about doing that with my photos, just an oversight on my part or lack of time.

Thumbnail by Gourd   Thumbnail by Gourd   Thumbnail by Gourd   Thumbnail by Gourd   Thumbnail by Gourd

Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

August 3, 2013
8:49 AM

Post #9620224

Purpureas and batatas

Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

August 3, 2013
8:51 AM

Post #9620226

Heavenly blues and some arvensis overgrowth

Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

August 3, 2013
8:54 AM

Post #9620227

More tri color reseeds of heavenly blues, I can't believe they reseeded here, I must have a micro climate and produced tons of seeds. Brug below is cypress gardens, the flower, it is long and huge.. Lol

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 3, 2013
1:16 PM

Post #9620422

Dany beautiful blooms, I love # 2 from the 1st set with lovely blue specks.
I agree with A., the reverse tubes are spectacular.

Ronnie, your Blue Lavender Beauty is outstanding.

A, beautiful blooms. Your 1st pink bloom is a beauty. Gorgeous Heavenly Blue and the Lavender right after HB is too.
Lovely Joyce Cobb. Somewhere I have a few sds of this one I need to find
b4 they get old.

Very pale Blue Tie Dye, don't know what to make of it. We'll see what color it makes next.
Hatsu Arashi look a like, 8 oz foam cup
Last two pics are of Black Queen, pretty dark color. In 8 oz foam cup.
Thanks Ronnie.

Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie   

Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

August 3, 2013
9:19 PM

Post #9620748

Really pretty flowers Jackie. Hiatsu Arashi has always been an outstanding color, deep blue and at times a cobalt blue.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 3, 2013
9:37 PM

Post #9620756

oh dear, so many beautys here, I love the reverse tube too, Dany. I am excited to see some of the 8 mix of yours, I have some going. A, your gardens are beautiful, I am glad you got some rain. I might have the light blue JC u are looking for, lets wait and see when it comes on..i have one seed pod of KK.

Jackie, that Hiatsu Arashi is my favorite color. Ronie, I loved that one last year from Jackie, and can't wait to see it come back.
dany12
szarvas
Hungary

August 4, 2013
2:39 AM

Post #9620816

This flower is not angry ... but almost ...!

Thumbnail by dany12   Thumbnail by dany12   Thumbnail by dany12   Thumbnail by dany12   

dany12
szarvas
Hungary

August 4, 2013
2:53 AM

Post #9620820

Camera ... still ... in test !
Blue ray.
Very large flowers !
Mutant !

helenahkh
Gautier, MS

August 4, 2013
6:53 AM

Post #9620916

Wow, the show of every ones beautiful blooms has been awesome. I really enjoyed seeing them all.

I'm still getting a few blooms, these are from yesterday. I'm having problems downloading my pictures. I don't know what's up with it.
Last pic is from 3 days ago, DFNM

Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 4, 2013
12:36 PM

Post #9621165

Thanks A and Debra.
Debra, Blue/Lav Beauty always makes gorgeous blooms. Never
disappointed with that one.
Dany lovely blooms but very partial to your white with blue specks.
Helena, love all your blooms this morning. The white with soft pink
is a beauty. Love the blues too. Hope you get your issues worked out
for downloading your pics.

My Blue Tie Dye with another pale bloom.
Tai Aki
Blue Lav Beauty
Blue Star of India, this bloom is actually blue, not purple

Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie   

helenahkh
Gautier, MS

August 4, 2013
2:25 PM

Post #9621298

Thanks Jackie. Your blooms are beautiful.

Had my daughter try to figure out what was going on with my camera. So far she got it to download todays pictures.

Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh         

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 4, 2013
6:46 PM

Post #9621524

very special blooms to see today. Dany as always , your blooms amaze me. Love your white with pale spots. Jackies tiedye and the star of india makes me smile. Helena the blue and white on the left is really pretty. Oh heck,. I love them all. No blooms here that are photographic , rain rain rain.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 4, 2013
10:46 PM

Post #9621700

Helena, love both of those blooms. Glad your daughter was able to help you with your downloading.
Debra, sorry you are having to work so hard to keep the water at bay.
That's the only thing I don't like about a basement.
Love all your photos. What is that beautiful pink bloom?

Purpurea
another youjiro bloom

Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie         

dany12
szarvas
Hungary

August 5, 2013
1:40 AM

Post #9621744

1 - I'm ready to go to the show in Japan ... you think I have a chance?
2 - 3 I put a tag, I would select the dark colors - sometimes the flowers are very clear!

dany12
szarvas
Hungary

August 5, 2013
1:49 AM

Post #9621746

In this pot ... a very interesting cultivar ... sometime with simple flowers, sometime retro tube flowers and sometime with very double flowers !

Thumbnail by dany12   Thumbnail by dany12   Thumbnail by dany12   Thumbnail by dany12   

luvsgrtdanes

luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA
(Zone 6b)

August 5, 2013
4:17 AM

Post #9621775

Jackie I really like the pale blue tie dye, would love to have some seeds if you have extra!

Dany your mutant speckled is nice, when I grew one like that the flowers never really opened and it wasn't very pretty :(

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 5, 2013
6:14 AM

Post #9621871

love the last one the best, dany. u r ready for the show.
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

August 5, 2013
9:40 AM

Post #9622097

I love seeing all these gorgeous blooms, a real treat!

I only had 3 & one purple never comes out clear.

Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh      

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 5, 2013
11:53 AM

Post #9622197

Wow, I just found the link to this new thread, and look at all the beauties!
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 5, 2013
12:42 PM

Post #9622250

Gorgeous blooms Dany, Love the doubles.

Helena, the pale blue tie dye is a complete surprise. it came out of
'sds just MARKED BLUE TIE DYE?? Hoping for seeds so will save you a couple if it makes pods. It looks like a healthy enough vine so surely
will make a few. I have the same color bloom this morning so no sign of it
reverting to its usual color. I have another Blue Tie dye somewhere and
hopefully it will make the original bright blue blooms.
Fuji no Beni I love it
Plum Purple Velvet
Pink tree MG beautiful after all the rain
I can't make out the name on this one from Ronnie looks like Koh??? something
This bloom messed up but future blooms should be fine. A lovely dark purple
thanks Ronnie,

luvsgrtdanes

luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA
(Zone 6b)

August 5, 2013
5:15 PM

Post #9622494

Jackie it was purchased as Kukuo, not sure if that's a real name or just a marketing name but it sure is a great flower to grow isn't it!
MGMan
Norfolk, VA

August 5, 2013
5:27 PM

Post #9622510

Nice blooms, everyone. dany's are just an eye opener.

cherry pink lenonade still coming true from seed:-)

Thumbnail by MGMan

Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

August 5, 2013
5:38 PM

Post #9622520

Can anybody help me put an ID on this guy? I lost the tag. Thanks!

Thumbnail by Buttoneer

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 5, 2013
6:48 PM

Post #9622566

cool blooms, Jackie, partial to the plum purple velvet.
tony, love your display..
buttoneer, looks like a kikyo of some sort, but I just grow things, not an expert.
Helena, your blooms always impress me.. did you send me this?
unknown blue again, seeds from last year..wedding bells,( looking a bit mauvey?)
merremia, mauve star.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 5, 2013
6:52 PM

Post #9622571

not glorys, but pretty..

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 6, 2013
12:35 AM

Post #9622738

Thanks Ronnie for the name. Kukuo is going to make beautiful blooms.
Nice blooms Tony.
Buttoneer, I agree with Debra, a Kikyo of some kind, not sure which one
but very pretty.
Beautiful blooms Debra. Love that 2nd pic which is a gorgeous blue.
Like your non mg pics too.

My Carrion flower opened yesterday. The bloom is at least 9 to 10 inches
at its widest point.
A pretty no Mai today

Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie         

dany12
szarvas
Hungary

August 6, 2013
2:42 AM

Post #9622772

1 - Now after selecting ... 90% of flowers are tricolor !
2 - It is time to begin the selection of four-color flowers!
Spotted flowers with red dots.

dany12
szarvas
Hungary

August 6, 2013
2:50 AM

Post #9622774

Small friendly flowers!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 6, 2013
5:41 AM

Post #9622837

Beautiful blooms Dany!

Jackie, love that starfish plant, never heard it called the Carrion flower.
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

August 6, 2013
6:07 AM

Post #9622851

Buttoneer Hope this helps from Plant Files
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/185189/

Love all the beautiful flowers from everyone!!!

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 6, 2013
6:12 AM

Post #9622856

good morning! Love the white with blue specks, Dany, and you know how my heart flutters over four o clocks.. Cant wait to see my starfish bloom, rescued it back from Alex, she wasn't taking care of it much.

I have three huge blooms on top of arbor, can't get out to pic them, it is too wet.
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

August 6, 2013
7:02 AM

Post #9622904

I love all the four o'clocks too. I haven't been saving my seeds but poking right back in the pots as soon as the seeds mature.

Have too pretty nice blooms from Dany's mixes. Looks like black king blizzard and the light blue star blizzard. Thank you Dany.

Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh         

Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

August 6, 2013
10:45 AM

Post #9623092

Helena, I like that black king. Very nice.

Dany, the small blue splashes look like paint splashes .. Really pretty.

Mine are all the same ole, same ole.. I've missed a few blooms this week.

This dark one is a Fuji cross that looks like black king. Talk about color contrast with the orange.

Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

August 6, 2013
10:48 AM

Post #9623095

Here are a few more

Thumbnail by Gourd   Thumbnail by Gourd   Thumbnail by Gourd   Thumbnail by Gourd   

Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

August 6, 2013
10:50 AM

Post #9623097

These were supposed to be star of India, seeds fro. 2004

Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

August 6, 2013
10:55 AM

Post #9623099

An old cross of mine from a couple years ago, i missed the first flowers, and the wind kinda messed with this one. My new clematis bloom wakamurasaki.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 6, 2013
11:23 AM

Post #9623116

Nice blooms Gourd!
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

August 6, 2013
11:30 AM

Post #9623124

Thank you taters.
A.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 6, 2013
2:00 PM

Post #9623299

Running late today.
Linda, showing my age by calling the Stapelia by its old common name of carrion flower. Called that because its pollinated by flies. Supposedly smells like rotting flesh when it blooms although mine never smells that bad.
Dany beautiful blooms. I'm partial to the Blue Speckles and the
Drop dead gorgeous 4 o'clocks too.
Lovely blooms Helena. The Light Blue Star Blizzard is my 2nd favorite this season behind Watercolor.
Very pretty blooms A. Love your 1st pic, great shot. Beautiful Blue Star of India
and your cross is lovely.

Tai Aki
Ronnies Kukuo
Plum Purple Velvet aka PPV
Supposed to be Xiongs

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 6, 2013
8:31 PM

Post #9623638

love them all, you guys.. I am waiting patiently for the rian to stop, it is just killing my blooms *whine*
I planted the PPV, can't wait to see it, Jackie , yours is beautiful.

A, love that new clematis, remind me of our native pitcheri ..
none of my cosmos have come up, I planted them every where!
*sniff*
okay I am done pouting, keep the show coming, Helena, Dany and Jackie and all..
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 7, 2013
12:10 AM

Post #9623717

Thanks Debra. I'm sure you're PPV will be beautiful. It can always be counted on to make lovely blooms.
Carrying my mg vines in and out is an everyday chore, trying to avoid
a daily soaking. :-(
Tony's Pink Tie Dye #2

Thumbnail by patootie

helenahkh
Gautier, MS

August 7, 2013
7:27 AM

Post #9623897

Thanks A. and Jackie and Debra.

I enjoyed seeing everyones beautiful blooms.

Three more blooms today. A different look to Blue Star blizzard with stripes today.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 7, 2013
9:31 AM

Post #9623982

Nice variations!
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 7, 2013
1:16 PM

Post #9624146

Oh my gosh Helena, beautiful Blue Star Blizzard.

One of my No Mai's was extra beautiful today # 1 and 2

My Mandevilla with the pale pink throat finally bloomed today.

Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie      

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 7, 2013
9:15 PM

Post #9624627

i LOVE that blue star blizzard too, and the last one is extra special, Helena. Jackie I can't wait for my no mais. Yours is gorgeous. I have never been able to keep a mandy going, good job!
white carnea, have no clue, but it givs out seeds very mauvy, on top of the arbor..
My patio garden ..

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 7, 2013
9:18 PM

Post #9624632

have to show a couple more.. the shibouris and jamie lynns are really taking off..

Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 7, 2013
9:43 PM

Post #9624681

Lovely blooms Debra. Your white carnea is a beauty.

One of Tonys

Thumbnail by patootie

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 7, 2013
9:49 PM

Post #9624684

Hay, now I know where mine came from... thanks Tony!
dany12
szarvas
Hungary

August 8, 2013
3:08 AM

Post #9624771

1 - dark blue with special foliage.
2 - 3 Stop!! we've got ... a visit!
4 - Everyone wants to see the new visitor!

dany12
szarvas
Hungary

August 8, 2013
3:28 AM

Post #9624785

1 - 2 probably a new mutation . This is several times that I see in this corner of the garden flower with blue and purple together - the first time I see that !
3 - pink fujishibori picotee !
4 - 5 A cultivars full of promise!

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 8, 2013
6:17 AM

Post #9624867

Wonderful blooms Dany. Love the dark blue with fancy foliage.
What kind of bird ??

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 8, 2013
6:54 AM

Post #9624895

Morning everyone. Love all the blooms. Not much blooming in this heat. It was 106 yesterday. Love that bird too. Is it a heron?

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 8, 2013
7:54 PM

Post #9625505

Dany, I love your Gardening style. And, are those peacocks?
LK, so sorry for your heat, we are usually right there with ya right now.. mostly rain rain rain...
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

August 8, 2013
8:38 PM

Post #9625522

Great booms everyone, not too much going on here. I got some blooms on little three inch plants. They look kind of funny. And got a couple of purpureas..

Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

August 8, 2013
8:41 PM

Post #9625523

I have probably mixed the photos up., these iPads show the photos so tiny when you upload, I'm never sure of what I've selected. These look like the same flower, but I had three different plants with the same cross.

Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

August 8, 2013
8:43 PM

Post #9625524

Fuji shibori on a three inch plant.

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 8, 2013
9:03 PM

Post #9625529

I could not send pics earlier today, don't know what the hitch was.

Pink Silk
No Mai
Debra, no name on this one, It might be from your mixed sds. Does it look
familiar to you. I love it.
Pretty Purpurea

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 8, 2013
9:07 PM

Post #9625531

A, beautiful blooms. I sat on my post over 30 minutes while I fed all
my dogs so missed your pics., Love your nils but that blue purp is
a beauty :-)
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

August 8, 2013
9:17 PM

Post #9625538

Lol...I was filling Kongs for my dogs, then the cat wanted treats too. I just finished.. Pretty mgs you got there..
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 8, 2013
11:50 PM

Post #9625560

A, thanks. I went to take a nap, lol. Now I;m good for another couple of hours.:-)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 9, 2013
7:00 AM

Post #9625699

Look at all the pretty blooms!

luvsgrtdanes

luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA
(Zone 6b)

August 9, 2013
9:54 AM

Post #9625832

Beauties everyone, nice to see so many great blooms!
Been busy with my grandkids, lots of pics just need to sort them.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 9, 2013
12:21 PM

Post #9625945

Looking forward to your pics Ronnie.

I had this Purple Tie Dye yesterday. The excessive heat caused the
camera to fog up. I hope my blooms get prettier on this vine.
I've been missing the orchid cactus blooms.
My pretty unknown
Purple no Mai not Purple Tie Dye

This message was edited Aug 10, 2013 12:17 AM

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 9, 2013
1:33 PM

Post #9625995

Very nice blooms. Love that cactus bloom too.

luvsgrtdanes

luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA
(Zone 6b)

August 9, 2013
6:56 PM

Post #9626265

Jackie that cactus bloom is great!!

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 9, 2013
10:17 PM

Post #9626344

I agree, everyones flowers and blooms are awsome. I wish one of my cactus would bloom. I have so many of them, the only ones doing anything are the crab cactus. the epis are getting big heavy and cumbersome.
I think I have another pandy up.. will look closer tommmorrow I am off work and it won't be raining..

Jackie that is arashi or something like that , I grew them from ona lees seeds and all the patio mix went into the same bags.. here are last years blooms a few of them anyway.. ( I date my pic folders and then rename and move them ) all these and the following pics are in that mix I sent out..

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 9, 2013
10:21 PM

Post #9626346

Thanks Linda and Ronnie.
Debra, I love that pretty pink and red looking stripe. you
shared with me, Very pretty
Love your blooms. If I get any of those will be very happy.

This message was edited Aug 10, 2013 12:26 AM

Thumbnail by patootie

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 9, 2013
10:26 PM

Post #9626348

these were all in the mix..

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 9, 2013
10:36 PM

Post #9626350

well golly that one is awsome.. love the contrast blues in it.. save me a pod! :d

Oh there are lots more.. but feel like I am hogging the thread..

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 9, 2013
10:44 PM

Post #9626351

Those are beautiful Debra. Love all of them. The speckled white with
the blue color block is awesome.
will save you a purpurea seed pod
You're not hogging the thread. Hardly anyone sending in pics so feel
free to post all your pics. :-)
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 9, 2013
10:47 PM

Post #9626353

Oops, forgot to ask if that last one is a Saz or Mauve Splash
Edited to say now I realize its most likely a purpurea, Out of Carnival of Venice ???

This message was edited Aug 10, 2013 2:08 PM

bluespiral

bluespiral

(Zone 7a)

August 10, 2013
12:03 AM

Post #9626357

Debra, if you're hogging the thread, then you're doing it magnificently - especially #3 in your last post of pics - only a flying piggy could capture glories so exuberant at that altitude :) please don't stop

Jackie - love your cactus, too - not to mention the unusual carrion flower

Dany - is that a stork? very nice companion to flying piggies :) Did you go to the show in Japan? How did it go?

Am enjoying everyone's flowers very much

Karen

helenahkh
Gautier, MS

August 10, 2013
7:26 AM

Post #9626528

I'm enjoying the show. All beautiful blooms.

Just a few in my garden.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 10, 2013
7:26 AM

Post #9626529

I agree. No blooms to share here so feel free to hog the thread.
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

August 10, 2013
11:14 AM

Post #9626737

Great photos Helena, Deborah you have a great variety going there, very nice show.

Jackie, I did a double take on that Lady go The Night, very nice. I never had mine long enough for it to bloom. Nice mgs too.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 10, 2013
12:59 PM

Post #9626812

Thanks Karen, Helena and A.

Helena, your Pink is to die for.
I like that patch of light blue on your white bloom

Beckys Mauve Splash looking like something else entirely
Pretty dark purp already closing
Ronnies pretty Kukuo, awesome Ronnie, this is becoming a favorite

A Luna moth

Bugs ate up several blooms b4 I could take my pics :-(

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 10, 2013
4:56 PM

Post #9626969

Thanks, everyone. Helena, the last bloom you posted is beautiful. The light blue really brings out the color of the white and the last pic looks like a really large bloom. Nice! love the KuKuo, Jackie, and I am impressed with that luna moth, Have not seen one here. So much water here, just a few months ago we were on restrictions and now our river and resavoir is over flowing and flooding people out.
I still think we are in for an early winter. The last pic is an i.nil from Beckys seed purple splash . I hope one of you gets this one from my mix I sent out. they are really sparkly..

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 10, 2013
5:33 PM

Post #9626995

Beautiful blooms, but I love that moth too!
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 10, 2013
6:08 PM

Post #9627018

Thanks ladies.
Debra, I hope I get one of those beautiful blooms in your mix.
I've got several of your seedlings coming along.
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

August 10, 2013
8:06 PM

Post #9627098

Thanks ladies. I like your cool kuKuo too Jackie. Neat luna moth. I'm in favor of a early winter. It's been just too muggy here.

I rescued this butterfly and thought it looked a little odd, smaller than the regular swallow tail (???). I think it just hatched.

This message was edited Aug 10, 2013 9:08 PM

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 10, 2013
9:04 PM

Post #9627137

awwww... it's pretty is it ok?
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 10, 2013
10:56 PM

Post #9627170

Cool pics Helena.

This message was edited Aug 11, 2013 1:18 AM
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

August 11, 2013
8:08 AM

Post #9627387

Thanks Debra and Jackie. I think so Debra, it needed to dry out before it could fly.

Three blooms this morning, pictures aren't that good.

JoParrott
Richland, WA
(Zone 7b)

August 11, 2013
9:37 AM

Post #9627447

Good morning all- I don't often have anything to show, but today this is worthy of posting, I think. And if I may bo OT a bit, this Hibiscus does it's thing every day-

Thumbnail by JoParrott   Thumbnail by JoParrott         

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 11, 2013
12:13 PM

Post #9627568

Lovely blooms Helena and Jo

I thought this 1st one was the pretty one from Debra but the pattern
is not the same.
Lite Blue Tie Dye, I tried to pollinate these blooms since I don't see
any pods from its previous blooms
Azuremore Wild Pink W/blue
Tai Aki
Look at this nasty looking mushroom

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 11, 2013
12:20 PM

Post #9627573

To the new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1328982

This message was edited Aug 11, 2013 2:32 PM
MGMan
Norfolk, VA

August 17, 2013
3:50 PM

Post #9633613

Nice blooms everybody. I'm glad you're enjoying the flowers produced from the seeds I gave you, Jackie.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Morning Glories Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Wild Morning Glory. poppysue 12 Feb 9, 2012 10:32 PM
Help! Teens making MG tea. ? getting high! help mingsmimi 5 Jul 18, 2009 4:33 PM
Now ain't that purdy?! (Morning Glory pic) Seedsower 48 Mar 9, 2007 10:29 AM
Ipomoea Seeds 101 QueenB 27 Nov 19, 2008 1:03 PM
Wild Potato Vine - Need help with pollenation KevinTernes 22 Aug 22, 2007 10:39 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America