SOLVED: What are these beautiful yellow flowers?

East Prairie, MO(Zone 7a)

My neighbor had this one stalk of yellow flowers. They were so vibrant. The stalk was about two feet tall and had four yellow flowers about four inches across. She couldnt remember where she got them or the name. Can you ID them?

Thumbnail by Sami
Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Sami,

I'm not really sure, but it looks like a flower that I had ID last month. Could it be a Heliopsis?

Donna

Donna I looked up Heliopsis and it has white leaves with green veins. This one doesnt. The bloom looks like it. The leaves are really narrow. Are there different kinds of Heliopsis? SAmi

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

I'm not sure if their are different types Sami, hopefully someone else will help us here. I'd be interested in knowing also.
Donna

Yes there are many heliopsis' Might check our famous plant database'

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Maybe swamp sunflower (Helianthus angustifolius)???

Success, MO

Sami,

Are the leaves sticky feeling ? I have a flower , looks JUST like yours.leaves are sticky ... I know it as 'Gum Flower'

NOWeedSZ

NOWeedSZ the leaves are sticky feeling. Will have to look it up . I noticed youare from Success, Mo. I have family in the bootheel area of Mo. Was raised there. Not sure where Success is. Sami

Crossville, TN

Sami, how long has it been since you moved onto that empty lot in Fla? less than four years? And to see the amount of plants that you have managed to amass floors me! How's our Bleeding Heart vines doing? Jo

Roadrunner the bleeding heart has climb up in the tree about 10 feet and are just loaded with flowers. Will scan and send a pic to you Sami

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.