Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Beginner Vegetables: My Alpine Garden @ August 10-2013

Communities > Forums > Beginner Vegetables
bookmark
Forum: Beginner VegetablesReplies: 1, Views: 26
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
myalpinegarden
Smithers
Canada

August 10, 2013
9:21 PM

Post #9627145

Hello Gardening Pros:

Just an update to thank you all for your help and advice since I planted my first sq. ft. raised bed garden.

As of today it has been 52 days since I planted my seeds into the soil and even though I was challenged by various issues, ants, aphids, spider mites, extreme heat, long wet and cold start, it appears that my perserverance and your encouragement has resulted in a darn impressive garden box! Thank you all so much.

My tomatoes are all healthy and loaded with fruit. Have been eating from my cherry tomato for over a week, lettuce is abundant and sweet, radishes are on their second crop, peas have pods and blossoms, beans have blossoms, potatoes in the fabric bags are so delicious, have been stealing babies to eat, and will empty the fabric bags around the 21st of this month, when my daughter and her family come for a visit. I am very excited and enthused and foresee that I am definitely going to continue with my veggie gardens in 2014. I will however, then be planting at least 6 sq.ft. garden boxes about 4" wide by 12' long. I can hardly wait. This whole newbie experience for me has been wonderful. I have really learned so much, have confirmed various veggies that will grow well up here, and produce a delicious and abundant harvest. It really is a very rewarding experience.

Thanks again to all of my garden supporters for continuing to encourage me and teach me by patiently answering my many silly newbie questions about veggie gardening, and what do I do now?

warmest regards
mag

am attaching some pictures taken today to show off my veggies. Wow I am pretty proud of my garden!

Thumbnail by myalpinegarden   Thumbnail by myalpinegarden   Thumbnail by myalpinegarden   Thumbnail by myalpinegarden   Thumbnail by myalpinegarden
Click an image for an enlarged view.

KarensWorld
High Point, NC

August 11, 2013
6:56 AM

Post #9627320

So beautiful, I might have to borrow a few ideas for my garden!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Vegetables Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Beginner Vegetables forum! dave 24 Mar 24, 2013 6:54 PM
Tomato problems jkehl 40 Oct 15, 2010 1:06 PM
starting a vegie garden wilflower 28 May 24, 2012 2:38 PM
Nasturtiums and squash? Terry 41 Mar 24, 2007 8:07 PM
Bees Please jkehl 95 Apr 7, 2013 7:37 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America