Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Jackie's panduratas please share your photos here #2

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1318510

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Bump

Mesilla Park, NM

Here are the seedlings, fresh seeds germinate in days, I didn't even soak these. I've had no more blooms ion the momma plant.

Added

that I forgot to say thank you jackie for starting a new thread...thank you!

This message was edited Aug 12, 2013 9:22 AM

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

These are but a few that I took just now. Harley seems to always be where I'm taking photos. I just happened to look at these guys and caught some butterflies coming out. On the legs of the chair there are four more cocoons.

I hope you don't mind me posting off topic.

Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd
Gautier, MS

Gorgeous blooms Jackie of your pandy's.

Nice bloom too A, love all your butterfies.

Mesilla Park, NM

Quote from Gourd :
These are but a few that I took just now. Harley seems to always be where I'm taking photos. I just happened to look at these guys and caught some butterflies coming out. On the legs of the chair there are four more cocoons.

I hope you don't mind me posting off topic.

I counted almost two dozen flowers on your first photo Jackie.. Great picture too.

Mesilla Park, NM

I sure wis I knew what I am doing that I keep tutting in that quote .

1st chance to sit at computer all day. You're welcome A
We certainly don't mind your posting off topic . We all have done that.
Wish I had time to help the butterflies. Just glad that many of you do. :-)

Thanks Helena.

Mesilla Park, NM

Well, the cuttings I took did not root. Ill try again early spring of 2014. Timing may be crucial here.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I am proud to know you, A, you butterfly person you! ;D

I can't root them either A so don't feel bad.
That piece of tuber I dug up and stuck in a cup of water is rooted now. Thinking
'about planting it in the front yard.

Mesilla Park, NM

Deborah, Lol... Build it and they shall come, like in the movie....Lol. There must be thousands, to days ago there were so many yellow sulfur s and then two dys later a ton of white sulfur s.. At least I think tht is what they are. The fritillary butterflies have munched don several full grown passion vines .. And left nubs.. I still have lots of careula . I won't see flowers on some new passies I got last year..they became lunch..

Jackie, ill try again, although now I have a dozen seedlings to plant next spring. I don't have time to separate them now. But I have a plan.

a pandy bloom this am, the lobelia is shining,mt tropical hib,some wild hyssop along the fence.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Mesilla Park, NM

Love that pandy , I like hib too. Some nice flowers there.

I got my seedlings growing. I can't believe hoe fast fresh seeds germinate . I got two more seedlings in another pot. This hib here has five flower clusters on each Stem, dunno why.

Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd

i love your hardys, AND your desert rose. mine has finished blooming for a while..

Nice blooms Debra and A. Love the Desert Rose, one of my favorites.

This message was edited Aug 22, 2013 1:34 AM

Mesilla Park, NM

My 2014 Pandy is up, it has been growing for about a month, six stems... Woooohooo. I can hardly wait to see it bloom. At the end of this season, I'll put her in the ground in a permanent location. We have clay soil, so I done know whether to amend it, I think I will. I've put in several native four o'clock tubers and I'm not sure they like the clay so much. I've got to put more gravel for drainage .

Here's i. Pandurata over a foot tall now.

Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd

OH THAT IS AWSOME, i CAN'T wait to see if mione comes back or if any of the seeds ya all have sent me pop up.

Those look great A.
Hope your's come back too Debra.
Mine is up but just in 2 places. Thiscold winter has worked a number on it but hopefully it will recover and come back strong.

I have over 30 lead stems on pandy now. Some small so might not bloom this season..
I was weeding around pandy the other day and pulled up a small pandy by mistake. Usually when I do that, I get a pandy with just a partial tuber and always end up losing it, no roots. This time the one I pulled has only roots, so it appears to be fine and healthy.

Oh Jackie, I think Mine is up and vining! I am sooooo Kacited! I will take a pic and show you tommorrow. I HOPE it is a pandy, cuz right about a foot and a half away a silly ole air potatoe vine popped up outta no where?
yours looks good. i am going to be very upset if mine is not a pandy. i have millions of volunteer purps up every where pulling them out of the gardens.

(Caitlin) Fresno, CA(Zone 9b)

So excited, you guys! I got some flowers donated by a friend which I planted a month ago, and what did I discover today but a Morning Glory climbing up them! I guess I got one of beautiful purple variety that she normally trains to climb her mailbox. I moved it over to an open trellis, re-wrapped it, and now I am waiting and hoping it will be happy there.

I'll post pics when it blooms. Bonus MG! =)

Oh my gosh, look what I just found on my pandy. The front of the dog yard with pandy all over the place looked just fine. All I had noticed was a leaf, or thickened stem, that morphed into a bud, very strange.
Today I was checking out the vine on the back side of the dog yard fence and here is what I found, This looks dreadful. Anyone ever seen anything like it?

This message was edited Jun 19, 2014 3:07 PM

looks like a blight or fungus of some sort..

Debra, too many leaves to spray. I might try making up your soapy water mixture and drench
the ground with it,. Couldn't make it any worse.

is it all over the whole plant or just a few stems? there might be an option to prune the bad off..
here is mine so far ..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Debra, its not on the whole plant. But its traveling so it will probably reach all my stems.
The stems themselves are so tangled that I don't know bout cutting them but I won't rule that out,.
I wonder if the gall on my Oak tree stems had anything to do with this. On the walking path to the g house, I see small sprouted Oak trees and they have the blistered, damaged leaves.
These baby oak trees are from the acorns that sprouted, I wonder if the acorns can carry the gall virus??

I found this on search..
https://www.boundless.com/biology/viruses/virus-infections-and-hosts/plant-viruses/

Debra, thanks for that link, very interesting. I think that when I was outside pulling weeds away from pandy,
I think I damaged some tissue on my pandy which allowed the virus to enter the plant leaves and/or stems.
I sprayed this evening and then poured the rest of the neem on the ground where my stems come up. I hope I didn't kill my vine. I'll see how it looks in the morning.

My pandy survived the neem treatment.
Definitely an improvement in the leaves I treated. No way to know if it was the spraying or the
liquid I poured straight from the bottle to where the stems come up out of the ground.,
With so many lvs, there's no way to spray the backs of the lvs, so I think it was the neem I poured directly on the ground,

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

What I thought was a small pandy that I pulled up by the roots is not a pandy
after all. Pandy starts making a tuber right away and this just has regular roots. This has
to be a purp.

Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Jackie. Good to know about the neem, glad it worked for you. I probably should use it too on mine. No sign of buds on mine so don't know what's up with it.

your pandy looks great, Jackie. I see a lot of bloom buds on mine, but I have to wait until daylight LOL

Thanks Helena and Debra.
Helena, can't think of any reason your pandy hasn't made buds. You got blooms last yr right??
Debra, Hope your pandy starts opening blooms soon.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, no sad to say I didn't get any blooms from my pandy last year either.

Helena, I can't imagine why it did not flower. Wonder if it could be too warm there in your locale?? It can't be the cold, we had a bitter cold winter here and mine is still flowering.

Gautier, MS

I know, I don't know why? I saw the ones along the side of the road blooming last year and they got chopped down in the fall too. I'm letting mine climb all over as they please. Maybe I have too many young shoots. Will take a picture later and check them out closer.

Very perplexing Helena. I'm clueless.

Mesilla Park, NM

Mine has bloomed twice this year, only two flowers so far.

Helena, try bloom booster on them. I'll beg they will bloom. I don't think a little or a onece in while use will stress the tuber out. I gave mine lots last year. Or a mixture of fish emulsuin and bloom booster on the weak side.

PS, hello you two, I sometimes miss growing Mgs..
A.

Gautier, MS

I guess I need to try some bloom booster on mine.

A. good to see you here. We miss you. Sad to hear your not growing mgs. I have some of your passion flowers growing.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.