Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Beginner Vegetables: Best zucchini for smaller gardens

Communities > Forums > Beginner Vegetables
bookmark
Forum: Beginner VegetablesReplies: 1, Views: 26
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
jinxxycat1
East Pittsburgh, PA

August 24, 2013
4:55 AM

Post #9639802

Trying to plan ahead for next spring. This year is my first year growing a veggie garden. I have the Aristocrat variety growing and two plants are taking over my tiny 8' x 4' raised bed. Is there a smaller variety better suited for a small raised bed? Thank you.
coastalzonepush
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9b)

August 25, 2013
3:46 AM

Post #9640653

I think the longer the zucchini itself, the larger the plant grows, in general. how do you grow your plants - bought at the nursery or from seeds? if you buy at the nursery, browse the company's website before shopping to research the varieties. you can then shop by looking for the variety you think will do better.

also most zucchinis are bushes, as far as I know. so make sure you aren't actually growing a vining squash variety. normally the tag or seed packet or whatever just lists a height to expect because, as you know, this family of plants grows vigorously. they continue to spread to produce more fruit.

This message was edited Aug 25, 2013 6:47 AM

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Vegetables Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Beginner Vegetables forum! dave 24 Mar 24, 2013 6:54 PM
Tomato problems jkehl 40 Oct 15, 2010 1:06 PM
starting a vegie garden wilflower 28 May 24, 2012 2:38 PM
Nasturtiums and squash? Terry 41 Mar 24, 2007 8:07 PM
Bees Please jkehl 95 Apr 7, 2013 7:37 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America