Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Plant Identification: SOLVED: Speaking of Ginger ...

Communities > Forums > Plant Identification
bookmark
Forum: Plant IdentificationReplies: 11, Views: 119
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
NOWeedSZ
Success, MO

November 6, 2001
5:31 PM

Post #17496

Does anyone have a GOOD photo/link for ID of gingers ?
I know there grow wild here in S.C Missouri ...need a good picture for IDing at all stages of growth.

Hints ?
NOWeedSZ
MaVieRose
High Desert, CA
(Zone 8a)

November 9, 2001
9:47 AM

Post #160182

try this url... http://www.stokestropicals.com/
warning though... u got to be patient going from one variety to the next. but it is well worth looking into cause they have a big selection... ma vie
REDROSE
New Iberia, LA
(Zone 9a)

November 9, 2001
12:30 PM

Post #160225

MaVie...Thanks for put Hyperlink that, I was looking for what I have the plants of Bromeliads and think that the right name what I have is Portea 'Petropolitana' and wow that cost expensive those plant and had this plants from my sister in law gave me been have this more than 6 years now.
NOWeedSZ
Success, MO

November 10, 2001
1:31 AM

Post #160549

Thank you !!
I did check the link . I'm not sure thou.these say tropicals.I live in zone 5/6. Think these would be the same ?

Thanks again!
NOWeedSZ
MaVieRose
High Desert, CA
(Zone 8a)

November 10, 2001
1:52 AM

Post #160558

as far as my knowledge take me, origin of ginger has always been from the tropical countries in asia and south america. http://www.floridagardener.com/pom/gingers.htm
although i do know what specific variety, u have, am very sure of my information... ma vie
REDROSE
New Iberia, LA
(Zone 9a)

November 10, 2001
5:33 AM

Post #160590

MaVie... Ginger is really pretty.
REDROSE
New Iberia, LA
(Zone 9a)

November 10, 2001
5:35 AM

Post #160591

MaVie... want to tell you thank you so much for help me about drink ginger tea it was not bad taste. Thanks again!!
RedRose @->->->--
MaVieRose
High Desert, CA
(Zone 8a)

November 10, 2001
6:04 AM

Post #160593

u're very welcome RedRose... am glad to help, take care of that cold, u do not need a relapse ok! did the ginger tea help ur cold? hope u feel better! yes, gingers are beautiful. where i came from, we always wear fresh flowers: as corsage, around our wrist, as a lei in place of perfume. ;o) ma vie
NOWeedSZ
Success, MO

November 10, 2001
2:03 PM

Post #160690

Ma Via,

I'm sorry,I in no way ment to imply you didn't know what you were talking about.If I offened,Please ... I am sorry !

I AM THE ONE who knows NOTHING about this subject !! Thats why I always check this forum.I LEARN from you !!

Thank you!!
SUNSHINE!!
NOWeedSZ
MaVieRose
High Desert, CA
(Zone 8a)

November 10, 2001
4:52 PM

Post #160745

NOWeedSZ... no..No...NO!!! that didn't even entire my mind. not at all!!! gingers, specially the flowers are often conversational pieces. it is always good to know their origin.
am pretty sure ur ginger is also tropical. nothing surprise me any more, specially those enthusiastic gardeners who manages to grow plants from unique environments. i guess everything is attributed to research done in getting to know specific details about certain plants.
if u notice, in most of my response to inquiry/ies, i always link to a url than explain. there is a reasons behind that: links are more informative, plus u can always bookmark or print the link/s or its content - for future references. often times, we tend to forget where certain postings are located. i save bookmarks, not only on my computer, but also on diskettes, print them and create folder/s for the print out [in case, i don't feel like turning on the computer.] or carry the folder with me when i am transplanting - to be sure i provide the right growing medium of specific plant/s.
am sorry if u got that impression... ma vie
NOWeedSZ
Success, MO

November 11, 2001
12:59 PM

Post #161096

ma via,

Thank you ... see you just taught me some more !! ANY and ALL info. you , any of you help me with is WONDERFUL !! Am ALWAYS happy to recieve it !!

Thank you ALWAYS !!
Smiles!!
NOWeedSZ
MaVieRose
High Desert, CA
(Zone 8a)

November 12, 2001
7:22 AM

Post #161443

u're very welcome ;)! it is always my pleasure to give a helping hand & share ... ma vie

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Plant Identification Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
SOLVED: Help with identification of this shrub dave 86 Nov 11, 2013 6:20 PM
SOLVED: Can Anyone Help Gayl 9 Jun 23, 2014 4:57 AM
SOLVED: help identify herb seeds????? dignbloom 6 Nov 4, 2010 8:08 PM
SOLVED: Mystery perennial dave 19 May 28, 2010 1:24 PM
SOLVED: Name my aloe??? tom1953 21 Jul 15, 2012 1:32 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America