AuthorContent

blomma

blomma
Wyoming, WY
(Zone 4a)

October 6, 2013
12:35 PM

Post #9679443

It all started on Sept. 3, 2013 with all day rain that turned to snow over night. It snowed all day with accumulation of 18" of wet and heavy snow. Never in all my years, have I witness anything so spectacular and scary. I thank God that I had my diseased hybrid elm removed years ago or I would have lost my garage. I did lose my 6-year-old smoke tree. No other trees on my property.

We have a system here where we get warnings per telephone. No unnecssary travel due to down trees and electric cables.

All around, large limbs were heading towards the ground. I can hear ripping noise of the limbs as they tore loose from their mooring. The electricity flickered off then on. Finally it went off around 8 and stayed off. I was prepared with a kerosene lantern. My computer was off. So decided to go to bed.

It was spectacular from a photographers point of view. I was able to get some good photos from my front and, and back door of neighboring trees. Luckily when I parked before the storm, my car was out of reach of neighbor's tree limbs.

All was due to the amount of snow, and the heaviness of it---perfect for making a snowman. Most of the trees are huge hybrid elm.

These photos were taken during the storm.

Thumbnail by blomma   Thumbnail by blomma   Thumbnail by blomma   Thumbnail by blomma   Thumbnail by blomma
Click an image for an enlarged view.

blomma

blomma
Wyoming, WY
(Zone 4a)

October 6, 2013
12:42 PM

Post #9679452

The next morning. Although the sun melted much of the snow, there was danger since limbs could be loose enough to fall.

Thumbnail by blomma   Thumbnail by blomma         

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

January 7, 2014
11:34 AM

Post #9742540

Winter storm ION January 5 -7 . and still going farther north
Blomma , This is your thread has Company !!!

Yes you have seen em ,, lol

Thumbnail by juhur7   Thumbnail by juhur7   Thumbnail by juhur7   Thumbnail by juhur7   Thumbnail by juhur7

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

January 7, 2014
11:40 AM

Post #9742545

more;

Thumbnail by juhur7   Thumbnail by juhur7   Thumbnail by juhur7   Thumbnail by juhur7   Thumbnail by juhur7

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Weather Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Boring Hurricane Boards? Floridian 106 Jul 24, 2011 12:43 PM
Big Feb Storm CountryGardens 54 Mar 3, 2007 2:39 PM
Yipee It's March!! Daily Weather sugarweed 206 Mar 9, 2007 4:58 AM
Deadly Tornado hits Alabama henryr10 22 Mar 5, 2007 5:01 PM
Help!!! Something's eating the moon!!!! Resin 10 Mar 6, 2007 4:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America