Click the image for an enlarged view.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 6, 2013
7:42 PM

Post #9679792

Wow, I love that Beautiful Fuji Musume, also, Karen.

Ronnie your blooms from Dany's mix are superb. I love them all. It was so cold I had to wear two sweaters and a thermal this am, as I directed Joe what to bring in next.
I am glad to see the lobata blooming, I will bring in the huge pot of them before frost so I can harvest seeds, I am such a saver of seeds. Lots of flowers still blooming here..

Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife
Click an image for an enlarged view.

dany12
szarvas
Hungary

October 7, 2013
12:25 AM

Post #9679919

The right word... disaster!
One month in advance!
They say "global warming"!

Thumbnail by dany12

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 7, 2013
12:42 AM

Post #9679930

Oh no Dany. I'm so sorry. I hope you gathered some
seeds before this happened.

luvsgrtdanes

luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA
(Zone 6b)

October 7, 2013
12:19 PM

Post #9680421

Oh no Dany how disappointing :(

Lovely blooms Debra, I still have some pretties going also, been lucky with the warm temps. Not sure how many seeds I'll get though.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 7, 2013
12:23 PM

Post #9680426

Dany did it freeze?
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 7, 2013
1:46 PM

Post #9680495

A potted purp growing thru the lattice on the carport. Look at the small writing spider
to the right.
Sweet baby kitty, someone threw away a perfectly good kitty, now he;s ours.:-)
One of Debras, I love it.
Another one of Debras, still in tiny pot. The wind kicked up about the time I snapped
my pic. Beautiful color on this one..

Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie   

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 7, 2013
1:52 PM

Post #9680500

# 3 and 4 reversed in above post.

Thanks Ronnie, I love the Aogakiyana too.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 7, 2013
7:22 PM

Post #9680762

Quote: Remembering my Aogakiyama from Aug. Now one of my favorites.

Comment: I can see why you love it so.

My favorite writing spider has spun a huge tear drop cocoon and I am sure it is filled with eggs, out on the woodfence. I sure did enjoy all the different spidersthat hung off the vines with huge webs from here to there, caught by the over wire and the reaching fingers of the twined hands of orange noah,merremia, setosa and carica, peeks of ornate varigated i nil leaves breaking the darker greens, blowing in the gentle night breeze.. and full of skeets and moths and things.. loved them more the fuller the nets, erm webbs. My walk outside tonight felt bleak, The blooms that I might have seen were withered and melted and chilled into scrapbook pages. The colors were unreal or brownish, and made me sad.

Told Joe the "Idea" of my wishful thinking for the ugly leaking basement. He started laughing. This is the "wet" end corner..Of course I have moved things around at least twice or so down there..

I hope I saved enough kinds of plants to tide me over the cold times coming upon us.

Dany, I'm so sorry if you weren't expecting that to happen.. that makes my heart sad to see so many dying plants at one time.

Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife

helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 7, 2013
7:55 PM

Post #9680797

Feel bad for all of Dany vines too. It was quite cool here this morning too and no mg's blooms.

Debra your flowers all have such nice colors. All your plants will keep you busy in winter and to enjoy.

Love that baby blue Jackie, glad yours are still blooming nicely for you.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 7, 2013
11:11 PM

Post #9680906

Debra, Love your white blooms with the colored eyes.

Helena, mine have all slowed down, coming to a standstill.
I've got to carry a few glories down to the g house to finish seed making.
A no Mai trying to put on a happy face in the g house.
Mushrooms

Dany I bet your sds are still viable. I've grown lots of vines from sds that had been exposed to freezing temps.

Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie         

helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 9, 2013
7:18 AM

Post #9681961

Pretty no Mai Jackie and neat mushrooms. I had a few on my lawn this summer too.

Well, I think I missed
seeing Mauve splash open yesterday cause I think this pink bloom was from yesterday. But BMN sure had a neat bloom today to enjoy and my yellow hibiscus.

Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh      

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 9, 2013
7:58 AM

Post #9681994

Those are beautiful!
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 9, 2013
12:05 PM

Post #9682175

Thanks Helena.

Beautiful blooms you've got this morning.
I love what our BMN's do. Pretty Hibiscus too.

Purps
Helena's Pumpkin -Little Orange

Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie      

helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 9, 2013
6:02 PM

Post #9682427

Thanks Jackie and Linda.

Jackie, I love seeing your purpureas. So glad to see the little pumpkin blooms.
Mine didn't come up this year maybe next year, but I'm glad I have the other lighter color of peach-orange.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 9, 2013
11:20 PM

Post #9682588

Helena, I really enjoyed my purpureas this yr. :-)

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 9, 2013
11:21 PM

Post #9682589

I love them all, and that BMN is gorgeous. Lil pumpkin would look good with my orange noah, want to trade?
I LOVE that first purp, not too pink and not too red, it is a perfect looking mauvy purple or lavender or well it is just so pretty. I had the palest pink purp almost creamy today, but it was way too high in the trumpet vine and into the redbud. Lots of shivas and milky way, shibouri and carnival, and still the little sharp pod with the orange noahs. The lobatas are going crazy. The pandy vine is staying where it is at, at the base of the arch off the patio. The other tub of pandy and a differnt wild mg is still growing, I cleaned off and brought it in already. It sat on top of rain barrel for a week. Next year I am covering those rain barrels in morning glorys.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 10, 2013
12:09 AM

Post #9682594

Debra, I marked at least 1 sd pod for the lite pink purpurea. I'll save you some sds if I can.
Going to try and mark another 1 or 2 pods of it if I can follow the meandering vine.
I'll have lots of Lil Pumpkin so I'll save you some seeds. :-) I love your Orange Noah.
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 11, 2013
6:22 AM

Post #9683551

I think the cool night and morning affected the color of this bloom, blue speckled.
It had 2 blooms but the 2nd didn't want to open. My other blooms is Pink Porcelain x Chocolate blzd.

Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh         

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 11, 2013
6:40 AM

Post #9683564

Those are beautiful. Love the colors!
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 11, 2013
12:53 PM

Post #9683758

I love when our blooms change color the 2nd day very pretty.
Helena your Pink Porcelain x Choc Blizzard is a beauty. I hope it makes sds, I'll be begging
for sure. :-)

Jamie Lynn
Sunrise Mixed
Purp

helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 12, 2013
7:38 AM

Post #9684193

Thanks Linda and Jackie. I hope that bloom makes seeds too, I will save you some too Jackie.

Another set of beauties Jackie. Jamie Lynn seems to have a nice size. I like your bright pink bloom too. The purp is nice too.

I'm happy with my blooms today.

Blushing bride
PPxChoc
Mauve star
More of a purple than blue NOID bloom
Very light PPxchoc

Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 12, 2013
12:37 PM

Post #9684342

Gorgeous blooms Helena. My Blushing Bride blooms had no color to them, yours is
striking as is your cross PP x Choc Blizzard. I like your lite colored PP x CB too.
Mauve Star and the unk purple are both pretty.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 12, 2013
1:22 PM

Post #9684365

I love the colors in your blooms too. Very nice.
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 12, 2013
3:03 PM

Post #9684421

Thanks ladies. I'm looking forward to each morning to see what might bloom from my last vines.
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 13, 2013
10:12 AM

Post #9684919

These mg's bloomed for me today.

Mauve star with blzd.
Purple star blzd.
PP x Choco

Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 13, 2013
10:38 AM

Post #9684947

Those are beautiful! Love that first one!
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 13, 2013
1:11 PM

Post #9685025

Beautiful blooms Helena. Glad you have these new blooming mg's to share with us.
My blooms are getting scarce now from my old vines.
This one is in a pot that held Dany's # 8, definitely not # 8, a dropped sd for sure

I thought this one was Jamie lynn but not quite the same as Jamie. JL doesn't have the
star pattern in the center, at least I don't think so.

helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 14, 2013
7:34 AM

Post #9685517

Thanks Linda and Jackie. I'm glad too I have these vines blooming but I don't think they are going to last long.

I like your pretty light bloom Jackie. Your Jamie Lynn could be a cross? That sure is a nice plus!

I'm pretty sure My Mauve Splash changed it's colors to pink blizzard or I sure mixed up the seeds, that will be the first bloom I'm posting. Could be pink Porcelain blzd too. I'm going to have to sow a few more seeds from that batch if I find them again and a few others.

Second bloom is from Blushing Bride, this one looks more like it except for a bit of dirt that fell on it.

From 2 different vines I got similar purple star blzd.

Watercolor.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 14, 2013
8:23 AM

Post #9685564

Those are beautiful!

I had a few open this morning after yesterdays rain. You can still see the rain drops on them. Last one is a purple wondering jew plant bloom. I caught this tiny bug trying to pull out the stamens!

Thumbnail by taters55   Thumbnail by taters55   Thumbnail by taters55   Thumbnail by taters55   

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 14, 2013
1:36 PM

Post #9685788

Absolutely beautiful blooms Helena. Love all of em. My BB was never as dark as your
pretty bloom, I wish. Gorgeous Purple blizzard bloom, esp the 1st one

Nice blooms Linda

Loved my purps this morning. I'm marking the lite pink one for you
Debra. Its a Lite Pink Rambler
Found this Xiongs in one of the lg tubs out back. The 1st bloom, where's it been all summer?
A beautiful Jamie Lynn on the carport

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 14, 2013
10:28 PM

Post #9686133

oh you guys are killing me.. I love them. I went to eskridge , kansas over the weeked and visited with AuntB ( Bonnie) and helped her sorta get some room for her tropicals. we didn't do much we are both sufferring from arthur and bum backs. hip is still sore so didn't over do it. I love your crosses, Helena and the Stars and blizzards are awsome. Jackie, I love the purps, and noticed some of them do cross with each other, seems like some of them have JL in them and some of the others seem to be morphing into each other. weird. I hope I get a xiongs to grow next year I love that one. The lobata is crazy in bloom, but it might not have seeds unless I bring the whole tub in, I will run that over with my son.. he is the heavy pot mover.
LK, your blooms are gorgeous, and I am glad they have rain drops on them.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 14, 2013
11:20 PM

Post #9686141

Debra, I have some Xiongs Chinese sds here somewhere. Will dig you out a few when I get
ready to do my mail outs. :-)

Linda, Forgot to say I love your 1st bloom, the pretty purple.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 15, 2013
5:47 AM

Post #9686266

Hey Debra. How is Bonnie doing? Glad to hear you. Had the chance for a visit.
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 15, 2013
6:41 AM

Post #9686314

Thanks ladies.

Pretty blooms Linda, glad you got some rain.

Love how you are getting those pretty purpureas blooming Jackie.

Glad you had a nice visit with your Aunt B, Debra.

A few nice blooms for me this morning again.

First bloom is a real dark color that my camera did not capture.

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 15, 2013
3:10 PM

Post #9686690

Beautiful blooms Helena. Love your 2nd bloom and the Purple Star is gorgeous.
Is that the mutant/DFNM still blooming #4 ?
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 15, 2013
9:25 PM

Post #9686946

Thanks Jackie, I checked the label and the first one is Dany's #4 could be Black King cross. 2nd looks like a chocolate from Karen B. Yep,, the forth bloom is the DFNM.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 15, 2013
9:32 PM

Post #9686950

love that DFNM. those blooms are always so unusual aren't they?
LK, Bonnie is doig ok, she works all day now and comes home to tired to garden, tho.
glad u got some rain, LK, we only got about a qtr of an inch.

3 they said tonight, we will see who pouts in the am..

bluespiral

bluespiral

(Zone 7a)

October 16, 2013
1:46 AM

Post #9687006

Dany - how horrible to wake up to those frosted morning glories ): Patootie is right - there might be a few viable seeds in there. One of my nils self-sowed over our winter for a while, too, so it might be worth while to experiment with your toasted vines.

Debra - sounds like your Aunt Bonnie is still gardening anyway with a few pots of tropicals - no thanks to Arthur and Bumback who have also moved in here. A large pot on our porch was a lot of fun for us this summer, so maybe there's an idea here to help. (Although I would love to hear about A. Bonnie's successes on a smaller scale too.)

Hummers were always visiting. The first to bloom was Kanoko, then Cameo Elegance, and I am hoping the bees and/or hummers might have crossed those two. Next to bloom was Salvia splendens 'Van Houttei' "Burgundy", with coleus 'Inky Fingers' filling out its airiness at the base. Last to bloom was I. sloteri. I am hoping to ripen cut stems with green pods in water indoors after frost - everything was started late in June.

To everyone, thank you for sharing your stories and flowers - love them very much.

Thumbnail by bluespiral   Thumbnail by bluespiral   Thumbnail by bluespiral   Thumbnail by bluespiral   

helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 16, 2013
10:45 AM

Post #9687256

Pretty blooms Karen.

These are mine from this morning.
Finally Mauve Splash, I think.

Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 16, 2013
10:56 AM

Post #9687261

Afternoon everyone! Love all your blooms.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 16, 2013
2:46 PM

Post #9687417

Glad you're getting some pretty blooms to enjoy Karen.

Love all your blooms Helena. Is that a Purple Splash??

Unusual color on this purp
Milky Way
Debs pretty unknown
Mule eared orchid
Lite blue Purp

Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie   Thumbnail by patootie

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 16, 2013
7:16 PM

Post #9687631

Karen, AuntB used to be a very chatty, friendly DG'r who lost her membership when she was laidoff her job of 16 years, and fell away from Daves . I continued to be friends with her after meeting her in person. She is 55, small stature and very into plants of all kinds, but has some problems with her plant addiciton and getting them in before the first frost now that she is back to work at the senior center in her small town. A lovely lady, I will be close to her always. She grew out many seeds I gave her, and I grew out many cuttings she gave me. We are both gardening addicts, we admit.

I love that Kanoko, and cameo elegance is very petite. That burgandy salvia is awsome.

Helena your mauve splashes are gorgeous, I remember growing those out, and was in love with them. Your blue one looks like it is sparkling.
You have to remember when I first came here I had only grown a few pink and blue purps, scarlet ohara and heavenly blue. Now look at me LOL.I still have a hard time with exact names, but I have been so grateful to be particpant n this forum.
So, your blooms and Jackies blooms are so inspiring, lovely and special.
I am sad to see the vines turning yellow and the blooms less and less. I cut down the front group that had the spotted, the picotee and the JL and Carnivals this am before I went to work, they are all tagged as such and wound up in a wreath downstairs on the drying pad.
Joe will dig up the huge lavender i carnea mg, it is now very tall and has three branches. The white one is downstairs budding up again since we brought it in. The lobatas are still full of flags, no seeds yet. *sigh*
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 17, 2013
9:35 AM

Post #9688007

Thanks Linda, Jackie and Debra.

Jackie, I love your pretty purps and the one in the middle. I have the label as Mauve Splash on that bloom that has a dark purple color. Maybe it's the cool weather at night that makes it have a dark color, but I'm just guessing.

Debra, it's really great to have someone close by to share the plant addiction. It makes it even more special to grow each others plants.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 17, 2013
12:48 PM

Post #9688122

Thanks Debra.
Helena, you're right. Seems like I remember my Mauve Splash being a different color
the 2nd day. Plus the cooler nights did affect the bloom color.
Several different looks Debs unknown has thrown. :-)

JL or JL cross
Dany's # 2
Blushing Bride showing more color

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 17, 2013
10:19 PM

Post #9688454

That Blushing Bride is so pretty. Dany's #2 is really bright! Hope your JL cross throws lots of seeds.

I have stuff blooming down in the gardens.. a cute yellow lutea, lots of hibiscus, the jasmine and the cestrums, I am grateful. I have vines twining everywhere down there..

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 18, 2013
12:05 AM

Post #9688473

Thanks Debra. I hope the JL or JL cross has time to ripen sd pods b4 freezing temps arrive.

Your plants all look great in the basement

Snail vine or corkscrew just now making a bloom

Thumbnail by patootie

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 18, 2013
3:59 AM

Post #9688530

Love your vines Debra.
Love that corkscrew vine too.
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 18, 2013
6:45 AM

Post #9688658

Pretty blooms Jackie.

I agree your plants look great Debra.

only a few blooms today. First is Dany's #2 actually a purple with a touch of blue and specks.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 18, 2013
8:39 AM

Post #9688721

Those are beautiful.

luvsgrtdanes

luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA
(Zone 6b)

October 18, 2013
9:40 AM

Post #9688769

Love all the blooms guys! We were away for a while for our anniversary. Been married 35 years and haven't had a real vacation in about 10 years. It was nice to get away but always nice to come home. It's still pretty nice hear and have been lucky to get some seeds. Hoping for a few more weeks before frost.

Found this beautiful I. coccinea growing on a fence in Williamsburg VA. and was lucky to snag some seeds!

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes   Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes   Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes      

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 18, 2013
2:09 PM

Post #9688947

Gorgeous blooms Helena. :Love the PP x Choc Blizzard.

Hope you had a good time Ronnie.,
Pretty, healthy coccinea you captured.

A tiny mg, not sure which one it is.
Pres Bush blooming every day in the g house
Purps got off to a late start, some of them anyway. so every day I have over 30 blooms in 2 diff tubs and on the fence.\

Debra, your plants look amazing in your basement. Even though you've brought them in, they don't see to mind at all, looking very healthy. Maybe that good lighting you've got in the
basement. :-)

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 18, 2013
11:35 PM

Post #9689285

You have the red, I have orange noah and the yellow, I need the red , Ronnie.. LOL
Helena, I LOVE that first one. I hope to see some Dany blooms this winter. Yours are gorgeous.

Jackie, I love those purps, and the wild mg and the pb. It was weird to see my purps outside blooming, along with the lobata, in the snow today. It snow snowed for about an hour and so cold! I hope everything still left outside will be ok.
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 19, 2013
6:16 AM

Post #9689405

Nice to see Ip. coccinea growing in other places Ronnie. A favorite for the hummers.

Nice blooms too Jackie. I definitely have to grow more purpureas come spring. They are easier to grow than the nils.

Debra, can't imagine you are already getting snow! It wants to rain here today.
Some of my repeat mg's have bloom defects but I hand pollinated them so hopefully I get seeds from them.

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 19, 2013
12:49 PM

Post #9689678

Helena and Debra, I love it that the purps just do their own thing with no help from me.

Love your 2nd day Watercolor Helena and the blue, # 2 is a beauty. I love your pinks too, seems like we didn;t get to see many pinks this summer. My favorite pink was the unknown from Deb in my lg tub.

Debra,I can't even stand to think about snow. If you can't bring in the rest of your mg vines, see if you can just cut the stems with sd pods and take them in. I cut unripe sd pods and took them in'one yr, they sprouted just fine. I'm saying I didn;t even put them in water, just stuck em in a plastic bag, lol

Thumbnail by patootie

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 19, 2013
1:05 PM

Post #9689687

Can you root morning glory vines?

luvsgrtdanes

luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA
(Zone 6b)

October 19, 2013
2:42 PM

Post #9689741

Debra I have plenty of seeds I'll put some aside for you, along with some others I will be sharing with you guys.

Linda a lot of them root in water. what kind are you going to try?

looks like it's going to get pretty chilly this week. Just a few vines I'll need to cut or bring in that are late seeders.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 19, 2013
3:33 PM

Post #9689791

Wow. That is nice to know. I have a few plants still growing from Dany's seeds. I will cut them and see what happens.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 19, 2013
3:48 PM

Post #9689806

Linda, I wasn't cutting them to root them. Just usually when you want to finish maturing sds, you place the cut stems in cups or glasses of water. Keeps the vines fresher while they finish ripening the sds. I didn't even bother to do that, but my sds matured in a plastic bag
anyway which I thought was funny, Its not necessary to root the vines in order to finish
ripening the pods.:-)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 19, 2013
4:15 PM

Post #9689828

Ok. Now I understand. Thanks.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 19, 2013
8:09 PM

Post #9689986

despite the snow, we had 69 here today, afew burned leaves, melted blooms, but fresh new moon flowers, lobata and, I bet the purps open tommorrow as well . Joe dug up the big i carnea out front, I had to cut it back due to the height.. it was taller than the ceiling in here. The top half of both main stems are in the bubbler tub, with ripening pods.Down stairs , The white one is about to bloom again, I have large moonflower buds, and an alata vining, the lil yellow, and a lite blue purp.We are going to let the arch go another week, most of the inil pods are eaten up anyway, the sharp pod mg and the orange noah and white moonvine taken over ..

Sure love your blooms Helena, especially that 2nd shot. Jackie that is a gorgeous pink and white.
Ronnie, I have the yellow and orange, u can have a lot of them.

This message was edited Oct 19, 2013 9:09 PM
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 20, 2013
8:05 AM

Post #9690269

Thanks Ladies!

Love your pretty pink bloom Jackie.

It rained yesterday until just around noon. Today it's very cool temps. I have just a few same repeats from my last batch of vines. The pink chocolate seems to do the most blooming.

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 20, 2013
11:24 AM

Post #9690407

Thanks Debra and Helena.

Debra, you're getting a lot done, nice that you have Joe there to help.

Beautiful blooms Helena. I've enjoyed your lovely pinks this summer too.
Great color on that purple.

Cool here too the last few days.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 21, 2013
12:24 PM

Post #9691289

A completely white Blushing Bride
Purps a couple of days ago.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 21, 2013
11:29 PM

Post #9691743

that BB is beautiful, my purps are done, sad to say, I am glad I get to see all the loverly blooms here tonight. Helena, I love the pink is it a no mai? Here is the only ipomoea blooming atm, besides the moon flower..

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 21, 2013
11:30 PM

Post #9691745

oops.. here is my fall finale..

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 21, 2013
11:31 PM

Post #9691746

these zinnias and salvias are making my garden bright...

Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife         

KayJones
Panama City Beach, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 22, 2013
4:14 AM

Post #9691803

Thanks for the invitation to visit here, Deb! All blooms are beautiful - just wish I could grow from seeds, but alas - that talent eludes me. Again, thanks Debra, for sending me a few mg vines this year.
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 22, 2013
6:34 AM

Post #9691921

Thanks ladies. That is a very nice BB Jackie.
No Debra that pink is not a no Mai. Love all your pretty blooms too.

Only 2 blooms today.

This message was edited Oct 22, 2013 7:36 AM

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 22, 2013
7:44 AM

Post #9691992

Love all the blooms Ladies!
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 22, 2013
1:16 PM

Post #9692214

Thanks Debra and Helena.
Love the Mina lobata Debra. You sent me sds I'm pretty sure so hope to grow one in the spring.
Lovely blooms Helena.
Nothing new blooming for me today

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 22, 2013
9:46 PM

Post #9692631

that first bloom is electric, Helena.. I love it. Jackie, I love the lobata too, I will always try to grow it just cuz it looks so cool, but I think I will start them earlier, we supposed to get frost later this week.
My patio mix will have these in it..

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 22, 2013
10:28 PM

Post #9692650

Helena, your 1st bloom is striking.

Very pretty blooms Debra. That last one is really special.

Lite blue T D in Aug,

Thumbnail by patootie

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 23, 2013
5:14 AM

Post #9692772

oooo I LOVE that flag and the light blue color.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 23, 2013
6:04 AM

Post #9692806

Beautiful colors.
alday
Center, TX

October 23, 2013
8:05 AM

Post #9692909

Hi girls, I'm looking for a MG that comes up every year. A friend gave me some cuttings and said they will root and they are big flowers and blue. Can anyone tell me more about these? Thanks Alda
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 23, 2013
12:52 PM

Post #9693171

Thanks Debra, I didn't even see the flag.

Alda, I don't have a clue.
Do you have a pic of her vine and its blooms? It might be indica. I grow my indica
in a pot, never tried it in the ground so I don't know if it would be hardy here.

luvsgrtdanes

luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA
(Zone 6b)

October 23, 2013
1:04 PM

Post #9693191

My first thought was Indica too.

Nice collection Debra!

Jackie I love the light blue TD! Hope you get some seeds!
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 23, 2013
2:00 PM

Post #9693252

Thanks ladies.

Love all those colors Debra.

Jackie, really love that light blue color too.

Confederate rose, I love how it changes from white to pink.

Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh   

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 23, 2013
3:11 PM

Post #9693307

Love that rose!
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 23, 2013
5:09 PM

Post #9693396

Ronnie, I hope the Lite blue TD comes true. I have plenty of sds for sharing and you are on
the list. :-) All my regular traders are going to get a few sds of this one
Linda, that's a Hibiscus= Hibiscus mutabilis Confederate Rose. A beauty isn't it??
Thanks Helena. Pleaze, pleaze save me some sds for Confederate Rose if yours makes sds.

Thumbnail by patootie

luvsgrtdanes

luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA
(Zone 6b)

October 23, 2013
5:37 PM

Post #9693410

Thanks Jackie I really like that one!!

Helena the Confederate rose is beautiful! Wonder if it would grow as an annual here in Z6.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 23, 2013
11:30 PM

Post #9693582

my con fed is about to downstairs, pretty excited, wish It was cold hardy, yours is gorgeous.Mine went from small to big in a tuboutside fast Ronnie, I couldn't beat to not see it bloom, so It is inside. Never seen a bloom in person, so a treat for me.Silly wisteria budded out,, boy is it ever screwed up..

One lil purp blooming out back and the orange noahs are still going..
my new buddy out back
native hyssop
plumerria last nite downstairs
Mexican sage?

KayJones
Panama City Beach, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 24, 2013
4:18 AM

Post #9693620

Ohhhh, I love your new 'buddy' - BC's are the BEST!

Yes, that's mexican sage aka Salvia leucantha.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 24, 2013
5:07 AM

Post #9693635

Debra I love your new buddy too! What is his name?

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 24, 2013
5:36 AM

Post #9693650

GM all, his name is Oreo, he let me see his name tag when we first met. All my dogs are in the surrounding yards here, I give them all treats when I go out to feed the birds.
had to cut the bloom tops foo this brug to bring it in, it is about too bloom.. poor thing..
this one is callled little angel. a small shrubby white.
these came in last night..my sisters plant i gave her and then brought back home..Gee I sure miss her..

Hope A comes in and sees this grass she sent me..

helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 24, 2013
7:41 AM

Post #9693748

Thanks Y"all. I got cuttings from a neighbor down main st. several years ago.
Jackie, confederate rose does make seeds for me so I'll save some some.

Nice blooms Jackie and Debra.

Had 2 blooms on this vine and 2 others that didn't quite want to open this very cool morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 24, 2013
9:25 AM

Post #9693828

Love all the blooms.
I had this one open this morning. Only about 2 inches but so pretty with the petals separated.

Thumbnail by taters55

KayJones
Panama City Beach, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 24, 2013
9:59 AM

Post #9693853

Deb, I miss Sherry, too!
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 24, 2013
11:01 AM

Post #9693895

Thank you Helena. Really looking forward to starting this one. I have germinated the Conf Rose sds before but having trouble getting A's large hibiscus sds to sprout. I need to soak her seeds.
Beautiful purple blue blooms you've got this am.

Lovely purp bloom Linda K.

I did end up with some Blue Silk sds.

Thumbnail by patootie

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 24, 2013
11:06 AM

Post #9693898

That is a pretty blue.
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

October 24, 2013
11:18 AM

Post #9693904

Thanks Linda and Jackie.

That is a pretty neat bloom Linda, I think it's from one of Dany's crosses.

Gorgeous blue silk Jackie. I loved growing that one too. It's so nice to have pictures to look back, will grow it again.

here's the Mauve star blzd that took it's time opening and a better pic of the other purple one.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 24, 2013
11:55 AM

Post #9693920

Beautiful colors.
Pretty sad that winter will be here soon.
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

October 24, 2013
1:31 PM

Post #9693996

Helena's cuties from her orange pumpkin, it's really going to town blooming here.

Thank you Helena

Thumbnail by Gourd   Thumbnail by Gourd   Thumbnail by Gourd   Thumbnail by Gourd   Thumbnail by Gourd

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 24, 2013
4:41 PM

Post #9694106

Gourd that is really nice.
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

October 24, 2013
5:36 PM

Post #9694161

Arent they neat, the very first ones were yellowish, dainty nice ..

Thank you Linda.

A.

Thumbnail by Gourd   Thumbnail by Gourd   Thumbnail by Gourd   Thumbnail by Gourd   

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 24, 2013
6:26 PM

Post #9694209

Thanks Linda and Helena.
Love your new bloom pics Helena.
Makes me sad too Linda. I love fall and summer best.
Lovely Lil Pumkin blooms A.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 24, 2013
9:28 PM

Post #9694305

Well, such beauty here/ Love the big bold colors and the watercolor looks of your blooms, Jackie and Helena. I agree , A your little pumpkins are cute cute cute..Did you see that grass you sent A, We really love it, he is moving it to the back of the bed at the fence, in tween the crape mrytle and the Rose of Sharon we moved already.
Slowly, my privacy /shade living fence line plants will be back, with more color than before.

Linda, that i purpurea is a keeper. I love its splits.

KayJones, I know you miss her like crazy, you and she had a good time , tho, on that Duck Boat ride you took us on. Slowly, my privacy /shade living fence line plants will be back, with more color than before.
Confederate rose bloomed its first blom today, Joe said he swore it was white this am, now it is tinged with pink. [posted a pic on another forum in general discussion}
here is my two morning glory blooms inside for the day..and then the con rose different shot, and the canna, and the thumbergia. The peppers are all blooming, three tomatoe plants are blooming and setting fruit, so happy bout that.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 24, 2013
9:34 PM

Post #9694307

here is the white carnea, it has another seed pod and some new bloom buds trying to form..Two large plants from dear DG friends..
swan plant milkweed seed pod,Joes favorite of them all, this Agave from Padre Islands. It was just a pup when it came to me.We are looking for a nice ceramic or clay pot to sink it into for the winter.. Morning glory setosa and orange noah to the right of it and an empy hanging self water planter ready to stick some seeds in..

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 24, 2013
10:36 PM

Post #9694320

Debra, Love all your pretty blooms. Great shots of your Conf Rose. Every CR I've ever seen
started off white and changed to pink. Just a beautiful plant.
Wonderful Agave

To the new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1339211

This message was edited Oct 25, 2013 3:25 PM

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 25, 2013
4:54 AM

Post #9694396

Morning everyone! Debra, love your blooms! Will you have peppers and tomato's all winter?
GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7b)

November 18, 2013
9:44 PM

Post #9712151

Helen. BMN of October 9 th might be the prettiest I've seen ... If you found seeds that even might be from this one... I'd find. Something you might like in return...
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

November 19, 2013
6:36 AM

Post #9712302

Gordon, these are from late season sowing. I have to check to see if it made any seed pods, I'll let you know or I might have older seeds stashed somewhere.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Morning Glories Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Wild Morning Glory. poppysue 12 Feb 9, 2012 10:32 PM
Help! Teens making MG tea. ? getting high! help mingsmimi 5 Jul 18, 2009 4:33 PM
Now ain't that purdy?! (Morning Glory pic) Seedsower 48 Mar 9, 2007 10:29 AM
Ipomoea Seeds 101 QueenB 27 Nov 19, 2008 1:03 PM
Wild Potato Vine - Need help with pollenation KevinTernes 22 Aug 22, 2007 10:39 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America