SOLVED: Corn Plant

Manassas, VA

What type of corn plant is this, and how often will it bloom. It started sprouting around September 15, 2013. It grew about 2 inches per day for about 2 weeks. The large pod took a few days to open, and inside were 25 smaller pods. Now, they are blooming about 3 or 4 little pods per day, with about 3 days between groups of blooming. This is an amazing plant. I filmed one pod opening, you can almost see it moving. It actually takes only a few hours to go from the pod to a full bloom. Here are a few shots.

Thumbnail by brianrmcdermott Thumbnail by brianrmcdermott Thumbnail by brianrmcdermott Thumbnail by brianrmcdermott Thumbnail by brianrmcdermott
MADURAI, TAMIL NADU, India

Crinum of Amaryllidaceae

(Becky), Lipan, TX(Zone 7b)

Yes maybe Crinum augustum:

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/90355/#b

Manassas, VA

Good day, my Crinum Amabile has finally stopped blooming. Now what? All the beautiful flowers are a-wilting. Should I cut them off, or does it do something else if left attached. OR, should I cut off the main branch that supported the bloom, and if so, how close to the bulb?

Brian

Adelaide, Australia(Zone 10a)

If it is anything like my NOID Crinum (the one I keep forgetting to post on here, LOL) the whole flower stem will just wither away and dry up. You can then just pick it from the plant as you would do for any dead leaf.

Ciao, KK.

PS. That was a beautiful flower!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.