-
AuthorContent
Naash
Quatre Bornes
Mauritius

October 16, 2013
5:51 AM

Post #9687097

can someone tell me what is the problem with my impatiens, all my impatiens are having the same problem please help.

Thumbnail by Naash   Thumbnail by Naash   Thumbnail by Naash
Click an image for an enlarged view.

WeeNel
Ayrshire Scotland
United Kingdom

October 16, 2013
12:13 PM

Post #9687301

Your asking what is wrong with your Impatiens, so you need to give some clues to help get the proper help.
Things like when did the problem start,, have you checked your watering regime, too much or too little, to check water, stick your finger into the soil, if too wet, reduce the watering you give, if dry, then give a little more BUT keep checking the soil as mentioned.

Have you noticed any signs of aphids, (green, white or black) flies that suck the sap out of the leaves.

Have you moved the plants in their pot's to a new site, are the plants in direct sunshine ????.

Have you removed a plant from it's pot to look and examine the soil and root's to check there are no soil insects eating the roots or the roots are rotting therefore the top part of the plant cant take up moisture or nutrients.

From the pictures you show, there is some form of deficiency in the plant as the foliage looks either shocked or being attached by some form of disease, aphids or even too close to heating / cooling unit and IF you can forward some more info, then others MAY be able to join in with their views as to the poor health the plants are now BEGINNING to show signs od.
Best of luck.
WeeNel.

Diana_K
Contra Costa County, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 16, 2013
6:50 PM

Post #9687615

The middle picture looks like some sort of pest has been at the plant.
Some sucking insects also inject the plant with substances that alter the growth of the plant.
Some sucking insects attack the leaves when the leaves are very small, doing enough damage that as the leaf continues to grow it grows deformed from the early damage.

Do you have a hand lens that would magnify the leaves? Can you look really closely at the buds and newest leaves to see if there is something?

Naash
Quatre Bornes
Mauritius

October 16, 2013
9:28 PM

Post #9687715

thanks for your reply, for the water i don't think it's a watering problem as i check everyday and make sure that they don't get too much water also, the problem started last week on 1 plant, and yesterday i noticed the same problem on 2 more plants, they are not in direct sunlight all day long only in the morning they get the direct sun, someone told me that it might be WESTERN FLOWER THRIPS what do you think?
Diana_K
Contra Costa County, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 17, 2013
5:52 PM

Post #9688316

Good idea to look into Thrips. There are many species. I do not know which are known in your area. They sure can cause distorted growth.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Flowers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Beginner Flowers forum! dave 147 Feb 14, 2013 3:15 AM
snapdragon picture gessiegail 39 Jan 1, 2012 1:04 PM
show us beginners your blooms gessiegail 324 Jan 8, 2012 6:20 AM
Favorite annuals from your 2006 garden! Trish 81 Mar 7, 2007 2:02 PM
Heat Mats Ironsides 6 Nov 27, 2007 1:31 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America