Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Plant Identification: SOLVED: Any idea's on this one??

Communities > Forums > Plant Identification
bookmark
Forum: Plant IdentificationReplies: 8, Views: 159
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
MOLLYBEE
Villa Rica, GA
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2001
7:17 PM

Post #17569

This is the cutest little flower, and when the sun shines on it, it looks like it has a coat of clear paint on it.
It is a somewhat small plant, but they keeps popping up everywhere! Is this a weed? or a named plant? I like them alot so if they are just weeds, I will keep them and let them live among all my other plants.Anyone know??
TIA
Mollybee**

Thumbnail by MOLLYBEE
Click the image for an enlarged view.

poppysue
Westbrook, ME
(Zone 5a)

November 8, 2001
1:33 AM

Post #159563

Maybe globe flower? http://arboretum.conncoll.edu/wfg/globeflower.html
MOLLYBEE
Villa Rica, GA
(Zone 7a)

November 8, 2001
11:37 AM

Post #159707

Thanks Poppysue, I think you nailed it right on the head!
Thanks sooo much!
Mollybee**
Lilith
Durham
United Kingdom
(Zone 8a)

November 15, 2001
4:24 PM

Post #163080

hmm, it may be creeping buttercup, does it spread by runners?

lil
MOLLYBEE
Villa Rica, GA
(Zone 7a)

November 15, 2001
5:13 PM

Post #163095

Lil, Not that I am aware of. I only have about 4 of them and they seem to be pretty far apart. But after I done a serch, I thought it looked more like the creeping buttercup.
Guess I will have to keep an eye on them and see what happens. Thanks for looking at this post!
Lilith
Durham
United Kingdom
(Zone 8a)

November 15, 2001
5:15 PM

Post #163097

well mine sends the runners all over so you have to be quick! the seeds are also expelled at force and so spread quickly. theyre all over my lawn and even in the flower beds!

this is mine:

http://www.dgsgardening.btinternet.co.uk/crbutcup.htm

lil

This message was edited Thursday, Nov 15th 1:17 PM
NOWeedSZ
Success, MO

November 15, 2001
5:21 PM

Post #163103

Molley,

I've got that one too !! I does get around LOL.Hold tight,you'll have more next year .

I love it !!
NOWeedSZ
Baa

November 15, 2001
5:47 PM

Post #163115

Molly do you have a clearer pic of the leaves please?
MOLLYBEE
Villa Rica, GA
(Zone 7a)

November 15, 2001
6:46 PM

Post #163136

Ok Question here, for those of you that do have this "weed".
When the sun hits the flower, does it have a real bright sheen to it?? This is the part that I seem to like LOL don't know why though, I just think it is pretty looking when the sun hits it and makes it all shiney. I thought about pulling one up to see if it has runner's on it...but I figured that I would just wait and find out the hard way.
Although now that I think about it, in that same bed there is this stuff growing flat on the ground and it is ALL in my bed!! but the leaves don't match this one flower. I think I will go pull up some and see if ya'll know what it is. I have to assume that the runner's on the Creeping Buttercups do have the same kind of leaves as the plant right?? be back soon with another pic
NOWeedSZ
Success, MO

November 17, 2001
12:55 PM

Post #163888

Molley,

YES !! REAL Shiny ... and you most likly WILL find runners.
DH wanted me to pull it all up the first year,cause I didn't know what it was.He is one of those...'if you didn't plant it,it's a WEED'.I do not agree !

I pulled it aright..easier than arguing huh ? I potted them LOL !! Now they have thier own lil bed with OTHER WEEDS !! All are happy,DH too !

I've got another that looks JUST like this,just as bright and shiny.Thou the stems are taller a have a fuzzy greyish hue to the stems...

Next summer I will send you seeds if you will remind me !!

NOWeedSZ
MOLLYBEE
Villa Rica, GA
(Zone 7a)

November 17, 2001
1:05 PM

Post #163893

Thanks for the offer NoWeedSZ, I guess you could say you and I are alot alike! I like anything that blooms, weed or no weed.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Plant Identification Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
SOLVED: Help with identification of this shrub dave 86 Nov 11, 2013 6:20 PM
SOLVED: Can Anyone Help Gayl 9 Jun 23, 2014 4:57 AM
SOLVED: help identify herb seeds????? dignbloom 6 Nov 4, 2010 8:08 PM
SOLVED: Mystery perennial dave 21 Oct 14, 2014 11:43 AM
SOLVED: Name my aloe??? tom1953 21 Jul 15, 2012 1:32 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America