Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Insect and Spider Identification: SOLVED: This bug is too small for my camera.

Communities > Forums > Insect and Spider Identification
bookmark
Forum: Insect and Spider IdentificationReplies: 1, Views: 26
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
trooperwon
New Paltz, NY
(Zone 5a)

November 15, 2013
8:08 AM

Post #9709513

I found this bug on my new plants. It is too small for my camera lens. It is reddish and just appeared a few days ago.

Thumbnail by trooperwon   Thumbnail by trooperwon   Thumbnail by trooperwon   Thumbnail by trooperwon
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Flapdoodle
Minot, ND

November 16, 2013
7:13 AM

Post #9710181

Unfortunately, I cannot see enough detail in your images to be at all confident of an i.d. - could you try borrowing a camera with better macro capabilities? One possibility is aphids, but it is a bit late in the year (especially at your latitude) for these to be a problem. Nevertheless, you might try Googling images of aphids/plant lice to see if anything resembling your critters pops up.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Insect and Spider Identification Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
SOLVED: Tiny Red Critters Angel 26 Apr 26, 2014 7:18 AM
SOLVED: Do you know what kind of Spider this is? dignbloom 55 Aug 18, 2012 4:36 PM
SOLVED: green caterpillar xox_kitkat_xox 4 Jan 24, 2010 9:05 PM
SOLVED: Name this insect? Dinu 16 Oct 19, 2008 2:54 PM
SOLVED: Red Spider about the diameter of a penny gardenwife 24 Oct 10, 2009 10:41 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America