bad hair day

Blum, TX(Zone 8a)

There should be a few of you out there who wish they had stayed home, when they happened to catch a glance of themselves in a mirror or reflection in a window. I always hated the way my mom did my hair.It was naturely straight,and my mom permed it from the time I was six years old. I never will forget a picture of me and my brother ,standing in front of a bale of hay,my hair was frizzed out and looked like a haystack.Tell us about your hair raising stories!

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

It was an almost. I work third shift, I got up and got ready to go to work and was going out the door and decided I better make a nature call to the bathroom before leaving. I happened to look in the mirror and I had shampooed and dried my hair with a hand towel and never combed. Almost was the laughting stock of the third shift. Jim

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

When I was little, I had very long hair. My mom was afraid of lice at the school and she would French braid my hair in two braids, really tight. I looked like a squirrel!!

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

Tink I can identify with the perms my mom did the same thing to me all my early pictures I look like Shirley Temple. lol Then I think about the 3rd grade she let me leave it straight and it was really long way down my back. Then in the 4th grade I had an appointment after school to get my hair trimed. Little did I know my mom had told them to cut it really short. It looked worse then any of the curls. I cried for days and wanted to put a bag over my head I didn't want anybody to see me.

My hair is a separate being which happens to live on my head. I'm convinced I was supposed to go through life bald but a strange beastie took pity on me and attached itself to my scalp at a very early age.

Bad hair days don't happen to me since I have no hair, untamed hair beast decades happen. It likes to be groomed, so I take my brush and smooth it all down, neat and tidy. As soon as I walk away from the mirror it silently shakes itself up and pretends to be a pompom. It revolts at the use of bands or clips and struggles for freedom at every chance, its very good and can free itself in seconds. Hairspray, mousse and gel are meerly sticky stuff which enables the hair beast to change position and refuse entrance of any possible brush I may wield.

It doesn't help that it can't decide on what colour it is. As a young hair beast it was white, it gradually turned blonde and darkened over the years. Various people describe it as dark blonde, light brown, slightly strawberry and all with blond streaks. It saves a bomb on colourants, I only ever used one once ... never again. I'd tried to go for hazel but on opening the box I took it as read that the tube would be hazel too. It wasn't it was cherry red. Hair liked it and didn't allow it to fade for several months, it was supposed to wash out after 2 weeks.

I know its not really human hair because it never gets beyond shoulder length at the back and the front never grows beyond my chin. I therefore conclude that it likes to be around my face ... a lot, since it loves to encroach on my vision like some sort of curious head hugging cat peering at you upside down.

When I fear bad things may happen it raises its hackles as an early warning system. It sheds over my carpet so much its ruined the vaccuum and everywhere I go it leaves a trail of shed hair. I could never get away with any crime while I have the hair beast.

Never once have I had a compliment about the hair beast unless I've had a drastic 1 inch cut when everyone is very pleased they can view what is apparently my face. I'm a little unsure that its mine as I'm not used to seeing it but I trust the judgement of others who have, on occasion, been able to see what I look like in the few moments that the hair beast has retreated from my face via my hands.

I no longer wage war with the hair beast, I lose everytime, I live each day besieged by a wild animal, my only solace is that I can have it cut back and for a week or so I will look like a human. So next time you feel you are having a bad hair day, just think of Baa and be thankful tomorrow will be different for you.

Baa ;)

Knoxville, TN

ooooooooo lol u guys r funny.i remember my mom sent me to
have my hair done for my first prom,,,,,,,,ooooooooooo
the lady put a rince on my blonde hair and it was PINK
and she teased it and it was a big pink puff ball lol

[[[[[nana]]]]]]

I would take a bad hair day over no hair---- anytime!

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Tink, I did that very same thing to my kids. Only, I went through a streak where I only permed their bangs. I look back at the pictures and think "Oh My! How could a Mother actually do that to her daughers?" LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images