Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Beginner Gardening Questions: Mountain Rose Potatoes -location help

Communities > Forums > Beginner Gardening Questions
bookmark
Forum: Beginner Gardening QuestionsReplies: 1, Views: 18
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
VickiSteele
Beaumont, TX

January 13, 2014
11:57 AM

Post #9746952

I have an order of Mountain Rose Potatoes scheduled to ship in April. I am in the process of planning where to place the potatoes once they arrive. They will be growing in a raised bed, which can either be placed in full sun, partial sun or on my patio, which will receive shade with afternoon sun. I live in Zone 9 where the summer temperatures can easily rise to 95-100...given this information, where would you believe the best place to place the container would be?
leewilliam68
emerson, arkansas
United States

January 23, 2014
7:57 PM

Post #9754422

i dont know about Mountain Rose Potatoes but i put my potatoes in the ground around mid feb to end of feb. i live in zone 8a 7b depends on what site you look on but most taters should be in the ground 3 to 4 weeks before last frost and they should be in full sun

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Gardening Questions Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cyclanthus bipartitus 'Gigant' bepah 3 Jun 11, 2010 9:05 AM
Welcome to the Beginner Gardening Questions forum! dave 53 Jun 18, 2013 4:28 PM
canna rhizomes help Allison_FL 20 Jan 16, 2013 6:55 PM
Where to locate my garden - light issues Martell 18 Apr 19, 2010 2:17 PM
Baby Oak Tree Seedtosser1 13 Jun 4, 2009 5:13 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America