Photo by Melody

Beginner Flowers: Types of Flowers that are popular today?

Communities > Forums > Beginner Flowers
bookmark
Forum: Beginner FlowersReplies: 10, Views: 103
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
TokoBunga
Jakarta
Indonesia

January 23, 2014
10:58 PM

Post #9754468

Hi Everyone,

Please share with me types of flowers that are popular today, if anyone knows?

Please tell me?

Thanks
purpleinopp
Opp, AL
(Zone 8b)

January 24, 2014
6:59 AM

Post #9754616

This question is too vague to answer specifically. Are you asking about annuals or perennials, cut flowers? In what part of the world?
WeeNel
Ayrshire Scotland
United Kingdom

January 25, 2014
7:42 AM

Post #9755345

Agree, too many plants / flowering ones, to mention AND like all fashion things, they come and go in and out of fashion/ popularity, but some last a lifetime never going out of fashion BUT again depending on season, depending on what area of the world as some plants /flowers CANT grow in hot areas where others NEED cool conditions or Arid conditions and all can be popular in those specific regions.

My favourite flowers are Star Gazer Lilies, Roses (but cant grow the Roses as the deer eat them) Rhododendrons, Azalea's, Camilias and many more, some cant grow here in Scotland other are prolific but people don't think of them as Popular TODAY.

Maybe more info from you would get more answers from a wider range of Gardeners.
Best wishes. WeeNel.
lancer23
San Francisco, CA

January 25, 2014
10:50 AM

Post #9755461

I agree this is a very broad question. I guess it depends where you are. Roses, orchids are always regular favorites. You can look at local garden clubs. If there's a club formed that means a lot of people like those type of plants. Look at what the florists are selling if you are looking for a bouquet for your wife or sweetheart. In my local shop, there's a "blue" flower craze. I see dyed blue carnations, daisy, roses, orchids. The flowers were also sprinkled with glitters. Go figure!
bluetexasbonnie
Geronimo, TX

January 25, 2014
11:03 AM

Post #9755471

Here in Texas, the new "in" thing is native plants. We do have some wonderful natives, and it is wonderful that they are more available and better appreciated. Hope this trend lasts a long time.
maryuser
Dhaka
Bangladesh

January 29, 2014
5:41 AM

Post #9757930

There are lots of flowers which are popular today.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
the Highland Rim of
United States
(Zone 7a)

January 29, 2014
5:45 AM

Post #9757933

I'm loving the natives and wildflowers too.

artknapp
Penticton
Canada

January 30, 2014
5:49 AM

Post #9758657

At Penticton, Canada we love fresh flowers especially roses, poinsettias, marigolds and many other annuals, perennials. For many loving people variety colored roses are the main point of attraction.
paeoniarockii
Lanzhou
China

February 25, 2014
1:08 AM

Post #9776214

peonies and rose especially rainbow rose are very popular. This is a Christmas tree made by various herbaceous peony flowers. This art is really amazing.

Thumbnail by paeoniarockii
Click the image for an enlarged view.

jhonpeeter64

February 25, 2014
2:30 AM

Post #9776225

You can look at local garden clubs. If there's a club formed that means a lot of people like those type of plants. Gazer Lilies, Roses are very popular.
http://dailyblooms.com.au/

This message was edited Mar 13, 2014 1:01 AM

Sequoiadendron4

Sequoiadendron4
Lititz, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 11, 2014
1:07 PM

Post #9787440

The main flowers you see everywhere in the Mid Atlantic/Northeast region of the USA are as follows:

Shasta Daisy - SUN
Black Eyed Susan - SUN/PART SUN
Yellow Coreopsis - SUN/PART SUN
Stella de Oro Daylily - SUN/PART SUN
Hosta - MOSTLY SHADE but you can get away with sun too

If you were from America, you could just go to Home Depot and get whatever they have there ;)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Flowers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Beginner Flowers forum! dave 147 Feb 14, 2013 3:15 AM
snapdragon picture gessiegail 39 Jan 1, 2012 1:04 PM
show us beginners your blooms gessiegail 324 Jan 8, 2012 6:20 AM
Favorite annuals from your 2006 garden! Trish 81 Mar 7, 2007 2:02 PM
Heat Mats Ironsides 6 Nov 27, 2007 1:31 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America