Soap and water clean

Fountain, FL(Zone 8a)

A minister was asked to dinner by one of his church members. He knew she was a bad housekeeper but agreed. When he sat down at the table,he noticed that the dishes were the dirtiest that he had ever seen in his life. "Were these dishes ever washed?" he asked his hostess,running his fingers over the grit and grime.

She replied,"They're as clean as soap and water could get them". He felt a bit uncomfortable,but blessed the food anyway and started eating. It was really delicious and he said so,despite the dirty dishes.

When dinner was over,the hostess took the dishes outside and yelled,"Here Soap! Here Water!"

Knoxville, TN

ahhhh that's cute....

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

ROFLOL! I have got to send that one to my father...a retired minister! He used to refuse to let us kids go to one members house when he went to see her because he was afraid we would forget and eat something she might offer.

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Reminds me of a friend that told of visiting with a minister on his rounds at the hospital. The lady was old and about blind. They noticed that she had a bowl with peanuts sitting on the table next to the bed. They assumed shr had them there for visitors and they started munching on them. After having prayer and starting to leave she mentioned that she had a good friend that keeps bringing her chocolate covered peanuts and the doctor won't let her eat the nuts so she just sucks the chocolate off and put the nuts in the bowl beside the bed.

Florence, AL(Zone 7a)

A friend of mine once horribly embarrassed her mother by letting their house dog lick a plate clean, then sticking it in the cabinet---behind her mother's back, but in full view of a visitor! After the woman left, my friend took the plate out of the cabinet and told her mother what she'd done. Her mother was mortified, and needless to say, THAT neighbor never came visiting again!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images