Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Poultry and Livestock: Life can be cruel, but God's Grace is always sufficient !!!

Communities > Forums > Poultry and Livestock
bookmark
Forum: Poultry and LivestockReplies: 18, Views: 128
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Haystack
Ferndale, WA

March 26, 2014
5:04 AM

Post #9798216

I was raised in a family of eleven siblings. I was #9 down the line...meaning I had two younger siblings. There were six sisters, and five of us boys. On March 2nd I lost one sister that was five years older than me. On March 6th I lost my younger and last sister. The younger was my best friend and sidekick. Both of the girls died from the same lung disease and only four days apart. Out of the eleven I am the last one...It was almost like a cruel joke...except through it all my wife and I found God's Grace was still sufficient. We must never despair as those who don't know the Lord...Our suffering is so temporary. I only posted this to explain why I haven't been around...My wife and I are in high spirits and my two beautiful sisters have both been laid to rest...Here is a picture of them together at our home shorty before passing.

Thumbnail by Haystack
Click the image for an enlarged view.

green04735
Bridgewater, ME

March 26, 2014
5:23 AM

Post #9798230

Oh Hay,I am so sorry to hear this.I wondered why you hadn't been on but thought you was just busy with everyday life.I pray your sisters knew the Lord,and you are right about Gods Grace,I will keep you and your wife in my prayers dear friend.
terri_emory
Alba, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 26, 2014
8:39 AM

Post #9798349

So very sorry for your loss.
Haystack
Ferndale, WA

March 26, 2014
10:10 AM

Post #9798434

Thank you for your kindness. Yes both of them were devout in their faith. In fact I always believed my youngest prayed me into the arms of our Lord...Hay
green04735
Bridgewater, ME

March 26, 2014
10:20 AM

Post #9798444

So glad to hear they loved the Lord Hay,it does make it easier to know they are with the Lord now.
Glenda_Michigan
Fowlerville, MI
(Zone 5b)

March 28, 2014
7:09 AM

Post #9799660

Hay, I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your loved ones. You're right, we don't mourn like the lost do, but be do mourn and our hearts are broken when loved ones leave us. Jesus cried and His heart was broken at times; He understands. Our Father, though, is faithful to comfort us during heartbreaking times, and as you and I both know, He is faithful and He keeps His promises always...on this side of life, and in Life on the other side. I will keep you in my prayers dear Brother, that God will hold you, comfort you, and keep you until you see your family again one Glorious Day. You WILL see them again, God has promised, and that is something to look forward to. As sad as this time apart is, we are thankful that it is only temporary, and that we can cherish our sweet treasure of memories till we see our loved ones again. With the size of your family, just imagine the sweet family reunion that was waiting for them there, and all they see and know now! I don't know about you, but when I think of my loved ones who have walked their last days here and what they see and know now on the other side, I would not wish them back here to this cruel world for anything, now that they have safely crossed over and are in the presence of our precious Lord. …..I'm excited to join them there one Day.

My love and prayers are with you, Hay.
Glenda

“And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.”
And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” And He said, “Write, for these words are faithful and true.” “
– Revelation 21:3-5
Light_for_Jesus

(Zone 6b)

March 28, 2014
7:40 AM

Post #9799683

Haystack you have a lovely family. Makes me realize even more that I have an obligation to pray for my brother, no matter what.

My grandfather married for the third time in his seventies. His wife, who we adored, used to say that when she wanted to visit her friends she had to go to the cemetary because all her family and friends were there. She said it with a little humor and a little sorrow. Then she would name them and tell who they were and when they had passed on. She was a sweetheart. My grandpa would say that he got up every day and went out to pick up the newspaper to read the obituaries and if his name wasn't in there he knew he wasn't gone yet and would proceed with his day.

One day his name was in there. They both passed away within six months of each other around 1991. They are missed.

This is the cycle of life, as they say. The little ones are born and the older ones die off. We don't realize it until we go through these stages. My mother used to talk about how she just couldn't believe all her aunts and uncles and parents were all gone, and that SHE was now the older generation. Now, I get what she was saying. I'm not way up there yet in age, at 57, but I'm starting to get it. When I see these young adults now, I think, "I was grown when you were wearing diapers". haha They think they are "all that", just like we did. :)

This message was edited Mar 28, 2014 8:10 PM
green04735
Bridgewater, ME

April 21, 2014
3:45 AM

Post #9817568

Thinking of you,miss hearing from you
Light_for_Jesus

(Zone 6b)

April 21, 2014
7:32 PM

Post #9818387

Yes, where did he go?
green04735
Bridgewater, ME

May 7, 2014
4:01 AM

Post #9832007

Still thinking of you
Light_for_Jesus

(Zone 6b)

May 7, 2014
10:15 AM

Post #9832288

I was thinking of him this morning. Wanting to show him my birchen modern game rooster. He's so funny. He picks his feet way up. For awhile I thought something was wrong with him. I wonder if that is kind of his mating dance?

Did we forget to tell Haystack we are glad he arrived home safely?

porkpal
Richmond, TX

May 7, 2014
1:17 PM

Post #9832429

Nazi rooster!
Light_for_Jesus

(Zone 6b)

May 10, 2014
10:46 AM

Post #9835031

Oh my no. :( He's an awesome boy. :D
CajuninKy
Biggs, KY
(Zone 6a)

August 15, 2014
2:35 PM

Post #9918912

Is Hay still here at Daves?
porkpal
Richmond, TX

August 15, 2014
3:07 PM

Post #9918927

I think so. He seems to pop in and out.
CajuninKy
Biggs, KY
(Zone 6a)

August 15, 2014
7:18 PM

Post #9919103

He must be busy. Life often seems to get in the way of having fun. :)
green04735
Bridgewater, ME

August 27, 2014
11:29 AM

Post #9927502

Hay,where are you? I miss you and your stories.
porkpal
Richmond, TX

August 27, 2014
12:38 PM

Post #9927543

Me too.
Glenda_Michigan
Fowlerville, MI
(Zone 5b)

September 7, 2014
6:14 AM

Post #9934741

Me too!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Poultry and Livestock Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Raising Keets (baby guineas) TamaraFaye 39 Apr 29, 2012 1:19 PM
Guineas moved into new home TamaraFaye 91 Jun 7, 2008 9:31 PM
What should I do for my sick hen? Tammy 51 Dec 16, 2007 8:55 PM
Sheep losing wool KathyJo 16 May 7, 2008 11:37 PM
Anyone raise rabbits ? PeggieK 41 Jul 10, 2008 12:07 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America