Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Beginner Vegetables: What's up with my tomato foliage?

Communities > Forums > Beginner Vegetables
bookmark
Forum: Beginner VegetablesReplies: 5, Views: 57
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
jamlover
Delhi, IA

June 1, 2014
6:38 AM

Post #9855133

Been in ground about three weeks and I have white spots on the foliage. Don't think I've ever seen this before in 50 gardens.

Thumbnail by jamlover   Thumbnail by jamlover
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Bloomfly22
Palmdale, CA
(Zone 8a)

June 1, 2014
11:54 AM

Post #9855391

That is the exact problem mine have whenever I plant them in my garden. I hope somebody can figure it out for us

drthor

drthor
Irving, TX
(Zone 8a)

June 1, 2014
12:05 PM

Post #9855402

jamlover
did you harden your tomato plants off for at least one week before planting?
1lisac
Liberty Hill, TX
(Zone 8a)

June 1, 2014
12:52 PM

Post #9855450

I've had that happen a few times wen my plants were young the new growth came in pale almost like the nutrients werent getting to the new leaves fast enough. I've never had it last or hurt a plant but it wouldn't hurt to fertilize your plants, if you haven't already. I have seen this attributed to the use of a herbicide near by. Could that be the case? I knew that wasn't the issue with mine.
jamlover
Delhi, IA

June 1, 2014
7:18 PM

Post #9855823

Yes they were outside in a cold frame for a couple of weeks. Iowa weather was real "freeky". We went from frost at night to 80 deg. days in three days. I have feed them since setting them out.
1lisac
Liberty Hill, TX
(Zone 8a)

June 2, 2014
11:23 AM

Post #9856555

I have the same thing happening on a few of my plants right now. They are growing very fast and the new growth is paler, as if the plant is growing too fast to keep up. They are blooming and look fine otherwise. When it's happened before it always went away, I didn't notice it yesterday but it's obvious on several plants today.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Vegetables Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Beginner Vegetables forum! dave 24 Mar 24, 2013 6:54 PM
Tomato problems jkehl 40 Oct 15, 2010 1:06 PM
starting a vegie garden wilflower 28 May 24, 2012 2:38 PM
Nasturtiums and squash? Terry 41 Mar 24, 2007 8:07 PM
Bees Please jkehl 95 Apr 7, 2013 7:37 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America