Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Plant Identification: SOLVED: Now what did I find ?

Communities > Forums > Plant Identification
bookmark
Forum: Plant IdentificationReplies: 6, Views: 160
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
NOWeedSZ
Success, MO

November 12, 2001
2:35 PM

Post #17833

Me AGAIN !!

You all getting tired of me asking so many questions yet ?
Can't stay away,you guys teach me so many cool things !!

Okay,I was on another one of my 'walks' yesterday.I found TWO Really neat things...

First I found this one ... EVEN IDed it MYSELF !! It's call a 'Matromony vine' (HOPE I spelled that right!).Anyone know this one ? Doesn't really look like a vine,more like a shrub.it's SO pretty!

Next,I've been keeping an eye on another plant I found this summer.This I THINK is Hen Bane , but NOT SURE...
Deeply cut jagged leaves,reminded me of scented Geranium leave.Flowers were lavender and white.ALMOST looked like some sort of poppy.No scent.Seed Heads now look like pods,short/rounded 'balls'. They're semi smooth,yet ridged and just a bit hairy...NOT sticky. Plant grew to about 1' 3/4 maybe 2'.

anyone have a link or photo of HenBane seed and pod ?

Thanks again !!
NOWeedSZ
Sis

November 12, 2001
4:49 PM

Post #161576

Hi NOWeedSZ,try this one: http://www.dgsgardening.btinternet.co.uk/weeds.htm

This message was edited Monday, Nov 12th 12:55 PM
poppysue
Westbrook, ME
(Zone 5a)

November 12, 2001
8:40 PM

Post #161658

here's henbane pictures http://images.google.com/images?q=Henbane&hl=en&btnG=Google Search

Matrimony vine http://images.google.com/images?num=20&hl=en&q=Solanum dulcamara&btnG=Google Search If that's it ... it's poisonous. So's the henbane for that matter. Henbane has a lot of interesting history if that's what you have.
NOWeedSZ
Success, MO

November 15, 2001
5:13 PM

Post #163096

Sis,
Thanks for the site ! COOL !!
can't find my 'weed' there.Thou I IDed a buch of others there just now...

i got White Archangel , Clevers,Fat Hen,Common Fumitory,groundsel,Knotgrass in pink and white, Rosebay Willowherb,Slender Speedwell,Brush Vetch (and others!),A type of that wood sorrel...i look under wood sorrel to bring up a list to Id mine,Yarrows white and yellow wild,Bought the red.

THANK YOU !
NOWeedSZ
NOWeedSZ
Success, MO

November 15, 2001
5:17 PM

Post #163099

Sue,

I'm still not for sure of the henbane.The flower IS right,but the leaves are cut deeper and more slender.I'll keep looking.Bet they are more types !!

Whatever it is ,I'VE GOT SEEDS ... Wanna try them ?

The vine IS correct.Glad to know it is toxic.I've no lil ones around anymore,but I always share my finds,WILL be important for others to know :)

THANK YOU !!
NOWeedSZ
Baa

November 15, 2001
5:49 PM

Post #163117

Noweedz

Do the seed pods of the alledged henbane look like a set of false teeth?
NOWeedSZ
Success, MO

November 17, 2001
1:08 PM

Post #163895

Baa,

Oh , That is just too funny ! It's EARLY saturday morning,haven't finish my fisrt cup of coffee !! You have started my day off RIGHT ... with a SMILE !!

No, they didn't remind me of False teeth.The pods themselves looked just like the photos on Poppy sues link to photos.And the Flowers of two of them.The seeds are dark brown colored,some near black.I'd say about 1/16th of an inch long,comma shaped.

I'm pretty sure it is Henbane now.Just for some reason my leaves on this look a lil different.

Thanks !!
NOWeedSZ

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Plant Identification Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
SOLVED: Help with identification of this shrub dave 86 Nov 11, 2013 6:20 PM
SOLVED: Can Anyone Help Gayl 9 Jun 23, 2014 4:57 AM
SOLVED: help identify herb seeds????? dignbloom 6 Nov 4, 2010 8:08 PM
SOLVED: Mystery perennial dave 19 May 28, 2010 1:24 PM
SOLVED: Name my aloe??? tom1953 21 Jul 15, 2012 1:32 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America