Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Beginner Flowers: Wisteria issue

Communities > Forums > Beginner Flowers
bookmark
Forum: Beginner FlowersReplies: 2, Views: 11
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Catmom7
Ephrata, WA

June 25, 2014
7:53 PM

Post #9877743

Hello, I have had two wisteria plants for several years. During this time I still have not seen not one flower! Why please? Is it the soil, something I haven't been doing. I get plenty of leaves but no blooms. Suggestions. Thanks much
Diana_K
Contra Costa County, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 25, 2014
9:52 PM

Post #9877813

Wisteria is a slow plant to bloom. If they are looking healthy, plenty of new growth each year, then it might be just another couple of years before they bloom.
hcmcdole
Powder Springs, GA
(Zone 7b)

June 26, 2014
5:21 AM

Post #9877951

The best advice is to buy them in bloom to make sure you have a blooming one. Some seem to never bloom or very rarely bloom. I found that to be true with my own experiences. Bought one at our last house and it never bloomed. Gave a piece to my parents and it took years to bloom once or twice in 20+ years. Bought another one at this house in bloom at the nursery. It blooms every year. Can't explain why that happens though...

I tried all the tricks you most likely read about - super phosphate, root pruning,, heavy pruning with no luck. It was in full sun and the soil should have been fine as I see wild wisteria blooming from 2 foot stems to 60 foot monsters in the tall pines.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Flowers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Beginner Flowers forum! dave 147 Feb 14, 2013 3:15 AM
snapdragon picture gessiegail 39 Jan 1, 2012 1:04 PM
show us beginners your blooms gessiegail 324 Jan 8, 2012 6:20 AM
Favorite annuals from your 2006 garden! Trish 81 Mar 7, 2007 2:02 PM
Heat Mats Ironsides 6 Nov 27, 2007 1:31 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America