Monthly maintenance tonight (8/12)

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Per the techs:

"We have some scheduled monthly maintenance which will take place tonight from 11pm EDT (8pm PDT) to 5am EDT (2am PDT). This is network level changes and server maintenance. We do not expect any downtime for DG."

You shouldn't experience any problems, but if you do, please report it to this thread. Thanks!

Casper, WY(Zone 4a)

Hi Terry,
I have noticed lately that once I have read my d-mail, it won't show as unread even if I only read but don't answer. I often just check to read but not answer until later when I have more time.. This has been for about week and half.

Lilly

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

That happened to me, too, just the other day. I tried repeatedly to set one back to unread w/o success.

Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

What is up with the back slash () appearing in Dmail using ' or " ? It makes reading the Dmail so annoying.

mamasita, the backslash is a known problem that is related to the single quote/apostrophe bug. The techs are aware and working on it.

The unread/read issue is not one I've seen (or personally experienced). I will try to replicate it with a test message but if I can't I may need more info from Blomma and DreamofSpring to help the techs identify the problem.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Terry,

If you are not able to replicate the dmail problem, could you please send me a TEST dmail. I just need one to 'play' with to try to replicate and characterize the problem.

(Sallie) Cherry Vall, IL(Zone 5a)

DreamOfSpring: I sent you a test dmail... If you respond, I can test it too.

Near Central, IA(Zone 5a)

I just want to say Thank you!! for notifying your users ahead of time that you will be down for maintenance. I greatly appreciate this. :)

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

I agree! That was very nice of you. I just wanted to ask if you know about the error messages that pop up when you use a coma in the search engine. Like this one in Grandma's Smile, I think it does it with quotes too.

Thumbnail by virginiarose

DreamofSpring and Salliekr, thank you - I've also got a test message going back-and-forth between Melody and me.

virginiarose, thank you - the error you found is another one related to apostrophes/single quotes, which are definitely at odds with SQL :-) I've sent it to the techs for clean-up.

I could not create a similar error with double quote marks in the search: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/search.php?q=%22grandma%22&Search=Search+PlantFiles - if you can find an example that causes an error from double quote marks, let me know.

You're welcome on the announcements. (I should have been doing this much sooner, but better late than never, huh?)

I'll try to do that each time we know there's an upcoming change of any sort and make it easier for you to let us know if anything goes awry.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Thank you, SallieKr! Reply on its way to you.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

RE: Marking Dmail As Unread

It is still 'broken' for me. I was not able to set SallieKr's dmail as unread, despite repeated attempts.

Okay, now I understand what you're trying to do (I'm not sure why I misread it the first time) and I was able to replicate the problem. I've sent a message to the techs to explain it to them.

I've been busy in the garden all day, so I just saw the email. I marked it as unread, and it worked for me. I show "1 New Message!" from the home screen.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Fixed here, too. That was fast.

Kudos again :-)

Thumbnail by SallieKr

Yay!

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Thank you, I might have used the wrong word, check this one out. It does fine with this kind of
quotes. ()

Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose
Casper, WY(Zone 4a)

"new messge" shows for me also. thanks

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images