Isolette Quilts 2014/2015

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Continuing on with our baby quilts, this has Pooh and friends. We came from here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1297604/

This message was edited Nov 7, 2014 3:38 PM

Thumbnail by mittsy
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

That is very cute! What is your goal for the new year?

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

Oh YAY! Glad this post is back

I have retired as the chairperson of this endeavor. I held the position since 2006, so felt it was time for someone else. It has been turned over to Blossom and she is doing a fine job. My goal is to return to enjoying my new embroidery machine and continuing with the pictorial history of what we turn in. I will continue to chair the onging placemat project. Here's a few pictures of us at work on some QAKH (Quilter's Against Kids Homelessness) quilts that we were working on for Margie Engel, and her co chair Cheryl of Coastal Quilters. Notice how nice and high the tables are, with the risers in place. They really save on backaches from bending over the tables to pin. Cheryl brought 42 quilts in various stages. We sewed tops, sandwiched and quilted, for four hours. Notice our lovely view of the river.

This message was edited Nov 7, 2014 5:12 PM

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy
Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

Looking forward to a new round of little quilts! I really like those tall tables.. I'm 5'9", and a standard 36" countertop or table just kills my back. Will have to look for risers...

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Looks so inviting Mittsy. Wonderful for all your ladies. Enjoy your new machine and be sure to show us what you are doing with it.....

Will do.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Mittsy, I know it was hard to step down as the chairperson of this project. Are you finding it has been a welcome change to be "Just another worker" rather than the responsible person in charge of it?

I so enjoy seeing your embroidery work, I am envious but know I can't justify the expense for myself.

Wouldn't it be fun to be able to have every machine we want? Sew for a while, embroider for a while, Then go to our long arm where of course we are totally proficient and finish our project. Then just start all over again because that's all we have to do....no cooking or cleaning...just sew.

Oh, that would be so awesome.

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Nice to see this up and active again. What a wonderful looking place to be working. Love the view outside.

How are things going Mittsy? Think about you frequently.

Today at Guild we turned in 13 quilts for the neo natal unit and 8 for Rocket Quilter's various service projects. I only had one photographed. Another Baby Lovey.

Thumbnail by mittsy

You all never cease to amaze me......Great job.

Great job. I posted earlier but it went away.

How are you feeling Karen? Hope you are recovering nicely.....

I'm fine Barb, even did a bit of sewing today. My stamina is building nicely. Went upstairs to shower with no difficulty at all.

WOW Karen... be sure to not overdo it! Sure sounds like you are making a great recovery.

I'm being careful and being sure to get my rest.

Glad to hear you are doing it right. I know I always tried to be superwoman and it really just doesn't work.
Got back from a blood draw a while ago and now I'm still chilly so off I go for another coffee.
Easy day today....
Stay safe and warm everyone......

For Christmas Ben bought me a heated car seat pad. My leather seats are unbearable for me when the weather gets REALLY cold. My skin does not tolerate cold well and I can't believe how much I am enjoying the heated seat. It straps on over my car seat and plugs into the cigarette lighter.

Norm got me an electric blanket that plugs in to the lighter!!! How funny are we????

My aunt has one of those too Barb, keeps her toasty. My DIL got me a snuggy I can wear when ever I need a bit of extra warm. It's just perfect

With all of these exceedingly cold temps this winter, we really need these. I wish I knew how the Farmer's Almanac manages to call it every year. They said it would be a cold winter with not too much snow. That's what it has been here.....

I have a snuggy that was bought for me a gift several years ago and I have never taken it out of my car. I love it! When we travel I can pull it up over me and take a nap.

This one buttons in the front and has pockets inside. If my hands are cold, I can pull them in and warm them right up. Different from anything I've ever seen before but would be super easy to make.

I saw a shawl /muffler once that had the pockets on the end of it and thought it was a pretty cool idea.

I have decided to just "MAKE TIME" and get some of these photos organized and posted. Our gift card was spent and we are enjoying the abundance that we have to work with. We are so blessed to have a great cause, beautiful views, lovely companionship and great food. What more could any sewer/quilter ask for? It's GS cookie time so missing is Kathy, and medical appointments called Ilona and Christine but here's the rest of the crew all busy at work.
1 and 2 our lovely view of the Banara River.
3 Warm and Natural (an entire new roll) we cut 15 battings
4 Eight ready for spraying
5 Lois and Jane

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy

WOW! What a view! That roll of batting goes pretty quick, when you have all those quilts lined up ready for quilting!

Continuing with our workers, Garnet and Judy2
Dottie and Judy
Carol and Blossom
another one finished, jungle theme
quilting detail one one I just completed, still needs binding

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy

Love the colors on the jungle quilt, and your quilting details are awesome!

I just loved doing all the embroidery on this one, I combined three different sources to come up with this design. The detail is done in Isacord teal thread which has a nice sheen to it.

more embroidered squares

Those are awesome!

This is one I'm working on now, the pattern is Baby Lovey and we modify it to fit the requirements of the Isolettes. It will be Tropical Fish! I love the brights.

We should have quite a few ready to turn in from our last session. More to come after Thursday.

Wow Mittsy!!! You are doing remarkable things with that new machine!!!! I just love these and please tell Judy that I said Hello!!!!

How fun and how I envy you!!! I am looking forward to my retirement in another 5+ years! Time to sew... oh my!

Are you planning to move down there permanently Mittsy? I think if I had that lovely view I would just sit gazing at it and not get much done.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

oh wow - just found this thread
Mittsy - how wonderful that embroidery is! You're doing beautiful work - quilting, embroidery......
And that View! Cocoa Beach, eh? home of Tony Nelson, and Jeannie lol You must hear this alot, eh? I know I'm not the first one to say this hahaha

Karen - I recently saw a knitting pattern for a scarf with pockets, to warm your hands - looks super easy

We bought our condo 17 years ago and paid off the mortgage two years ago, so yes this will be our permanent home. We'd like to update the kitchen and replace the appliances so if all goes well we'll be able to afford a moderate renovation. Yesterday I was gifted with some wonderful 5" squares. I hope I'll be able to work them in to the bright tropical fish quilt.

Thumbnail by mittsy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.