Gerbera Daisy-Annual??

Tiffin, OH(Zone 5a)

I have a Terra Cotta orange Gerbera that was planted in a window box arrangement last summer (2014) spent the entire summer in a hot, sunny spot and stayed in bloom almost continually.
I put the window box in my (cold!!) Ohio basement in early November with some geraniums, rosemary etc. to winter over. It put out three perfect blooms within a few weeks and those same three blooms are still beautiful! I water these plants periodically and have shop lights on a timer over them. Today it was 40 degrees down there.
I am amazed with the Gerberas -never thought of them as a plant I could carry over! has anyone else had experience with getting more than a single year of bloom from them? I'm mourning the loss of all the pretty ones I've tossed at the end of summers past!!
Thanks for any sharing of your experiences. MW

This thread has 11 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!