Our annual end-of-summer contest is here, come on down to the Dave's Garden County Fair!

May Weather - & flowers?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Got a few drops of rain this morning. Now nice & windy. Part sun,70.
Lets post some flowers this month, or other growing things.
Picked a few radishes.
Here's our onions, freshly planted.
2nd pic is Grandson planting beets.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

70 degrees and sunny ... No rain until Monday

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

A tad warmer than Ju here. 71. lol.

No rain here til Monday either and we have rain chances every day next week which really sucks because I was hoping to go riding. Oh well. Another week.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Good weather will bloom sometime pepper

Thumbnail by juhur7
Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Leftover flowers from NJ.
Gary, Ind 57 with lo of 47 tonite- breeze is cooler than it needs to be..but the day was good.
Prunus serrulata and one I didnt get verified as another prunus- tho petals were drifting everywhere.
Ummm Kelli? You have no Calif accent, but occasionally a strange Texas accent creeps out. Was curious where its blended from...

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Mountain View, HI

Dry start to the day but rains really coming down this afternoon. Breezy with it as well. Forecast to continue into the night and then be a dry weekend.
Article in todays paper says strong El Nino forecast. Long spell of westerly winds in March pushed warm water to the east Pacific. No hurricane forecast yet. People are nervous this year after Iselle last August.
Recent Epis

Thumbnail by microb Thumbnail by microb Thumbnail by microb Thumbnail by microb
Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Some nice normal spring days the past couple days, even turned the AC off. 58/79/59 and sunny.

Beautiful blooms, Mike.

I too noticed Kelli's accent having a bit of Texas drawl in it. She sounds a bit like me, I'm a bit Calif, TX, East coast and southern. No one can figure out where I'm from because I'm from everywhere. ☺

Some of my spring garden shots....And this is just my backyard. ☺

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

I am from western Pennsylvania.

They are calling for a high of 87F today. It is currently 81F.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Such Beautiful Blooms and Gardens !!!
70 and sunny at this hour here ...

Mountain View, HI

Sunkissed - nice to see another tropical gardener. Nice and compact and varied. What are the two large plants in the last pic?

Around 65 currently with a high of 72. Had spotty showers this morning before it finally cleared off and sun came out for good.

They're calling for a high of 76F today.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 5:51 AM PDT on May 03, 2015
Mostly Cloudy
57 F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 81%
Dew Point: 51 F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 29.86 in (Steady)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 4.90 out of 12

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

74 all ready
To hot for early May.

80 now with 30+ mph winds and off and on cloudiness.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Steady rain , 64 degrees

Three mornings in mid fifties here, so nice, but soon to end and back to normal temps. Heard there is a tropical storm brewing out there already. Today up to 81, breezy and partly cloudy.

Mike, those are tree philodendrons http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/37036/ , they are over 20 years old. They're getting flowers now and seem to open in the dusk to dawn hours and will emit such a sweet smelling perfume...I think this is a male flower ☺.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

68 now , 82 for the high
20% chance of rain ,, Yesterday finished with thunderstorms and lightning ,,after on and off rain all day .
Sunny currently
Winds are near calm to about 2 mph gusting to about 5 mph every once in a while
Good weather for gardening , plants , playing ,
20 to 25 degrees above normal ,,

They are calling for a high of 70F. It is cloudy right now but should burn off later. That is typical of our May weather.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Plymouth, Ind 70 stormy clouds still passin thru mostly north a bit. Chicago was having true gullywashers when I passed thru this morning, water runnin 2&3" hi down the hwy, foggy to boot.

Some fog this morning and high of 72 with almost 100% humidity. Rain in the area with higher chances overnight and thru the weekend.

They are calling for cloudy and a high of 66F. Currently it is 58F. Humidity is up (75%) which should be good for the plants.

epiphyllums (cactus)

Thumbnail by Kelli
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Cactus Blooms are so pretty Kelly and Microb have it ....

80's again for today sunny today ,, hot already

74 with spotty showers all day.

Lil Miss Kim lilac blooming.

Thumbnail by pepper23

They are calling for it to get up to 63F today. There is a 20% chance of a tiny bit of rain.

Mountain View, HI

Beautiful Hawaiian weather, moderate showers at night, gentle trade winds and nice sunny skies with white fluffy clouds during the day. Gets a bit warm and humid but that's good for the Orchid cactus, not so good for gardening.
Nice Epis Kelli, mine are going crazy with buds and blooms. Had to smile as I also have a pot sitting on a bar stool! Just the right height.

75 and still humid. Had rain and sunshine off and on all day.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

83 currently 62 tonight sunny all day ,,, temperature in the sun was a guess ,,, Hot !!!

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Tennessee. Sunshine and hot turned nice. Cant say that about the Nashville traffic, tho. I get to sleep late in the morning- hope I can, but it's open window weather. Just now catching up on the tornadoes yesterday. Wicked weather.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Lots of rain showers, but not adding up very fast. All is welcome though.
70 something for high today.
Now 63.

We got a couple drops of rain this morning. That will probably be it. They are calling for a high of 64F. Currently it is 50F.

Storms overnight last night but a sunny day today with temps in the mid 70s for a high. No storms tonight, maybe a stray shower or boomer tomorrow. Sunday is next big chance.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

85 was our high here , 63 for tonight 75 now ..
chances of rain , so far , nothing though ,,

Blooms in this early hot weather

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

Beautiful morning to have coffee in the garden. 66/87/66, sunny now, partly cloudy later.

Nice blooms and garden shots.

We got 0.11 inches of rain yesterday around noon.

Today they are calling for mostly cloudy and a high of 70F. Right now it is 54F.

68 currently. Feels chilly with the damp air. lol

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

75 degrees thundershowers

66 and heavy rain and strong winds currently.

We are in Flagstaff. It is sunny and 59 F.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

85 here , cloudy , rained a couple times , sun makes humidity, then cloudy again now .
Muggy , muggy ,,, Super Muggy ,,,,
Forecast with a lot of rain this week ,,,

Alternating between clouds, sun and storms here. I just heard thunder a minute ago so must be another round moving in.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images