For Busy bee

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

This one allows you to easily see the detail. This picture is from spring when I first did this bed. As you can see the front runs straight on the sidewalk, but the back side is curved. This is the same edging I made for all of the front beds. You can cut the timbers to any length you want, so you could have them flush, or nearly flush with the ground to suit your purpose.

Thumbnail by Badseed
Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

The idea is not the bed but the "side of the bed where the hostas is. I don`t want to pour a sidewalk but that is the general idea. The walkway around a bed that is flaat on the ground. I have good dirt in my yard and I would like to plant without having to build it up. I just need to get rid of the grass and find a cheaper walkway.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Busybee,
The sidewalk came with the property. LOL I just put the butterfly garden on the other side. It took out a lot of grass that I did have to mow. The little bed with the hosta is not mine. A lot of water runs through there and since he has no edging, now a lot of his mulch and soil is gone. The land to the left and behind my house is up hill, so we get all the run off from several properties. That is why I had to build mine up. You can do them flush with the ground to avoid weed eating. Other beds on my property just have a small trench dug around them so the mower wheel goes in them, but I still have to clean them out with a weed eater.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I just love it!! And your house is lovely!!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Hmmmm, It looks like my personal cheerleader just popped in. LOL Thank you Louisa. I would gladly trade you my house for yours. If mine had seams, they would surely be busting. LOL

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

ROFL!!! That's my gal!! Always a sense of humour!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images