For Busybee 2

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

This is a close up shot, where paths of grass grow between the raised beds. I still need to do around the foundation plantings, but don't know if I want to do the same or something different. Ignore the hose. LOL

Thumbnail by Badseed
Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

I'm not busybee, more like busybody, but you have a gorgeous yard. i love the grass walkways between the beds.
thats the first picture ive seen that gives me an idea as to what to do in my side yard.
beautiful, badseed!!
jen
question tho, did you take regular landscape timbers and just cut them to fit?

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Anybody can look. LOL They are just regular landscape timbers cut on a compound mitre saw. These are cut to 6-8" and mitred on each end. That allows them to stand on their own because they would lean toward the dirt. I dug a shallow trench, only an inch or two deep to stand them, then backfilled with good soil. Our natural soil is red clay. Anyway, since the timbers are flat on two sides and rounded on two sides, they work perfect for both straight applications and rounded shapes too. Thank you for the compliments.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Very nice, Michele! Thanks for sharing!!! I was like MS Jen, nosing around even though I knew I'm not Busybee, and just had to tell you your beds are right purty!!!!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Awww shucks, GV. Thanks :)

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

they really are, and my mind is flowing with ideas for my yard. I wish I had places like this, where there are defined lines, my yard is huge and flows into mom's and then flows into neighbors. I love this look.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Heck Michele - where do you get the time to do the garden?? It really is quite lovely :-)

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

To be honest, I haven't had a lot of time to work in the gardens the last two summers and it killed me. I live for my kids first and gardening second. Last summer I got caught up in caring for my elderly neighbor because her family couldn't be bothered. I blinked and it was September, then winter. This past summer was crazy too. I went for an eye exam, found out I had a detached retina and had to have surgery right away. Minutes before I was to be put under, my blood work came in and said I was pregnant. That was May. I had to spend two weeks face down on the couch then couldn't physically exert myself for about another month. Then my dad went into the hospital in June and has been there since (two hours away). Somehow I lost this summer too. I did get tons of seeds started indoors though over the winter, so I will have many surprises come next year. I try not to think so much about the years that have passed, but look forward to what I can do the next year. Neat thing about winter-it wipes the slate clean and you get to 'start over'. :)

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

tiG-Thank you. You could try something a bit different to separate you yard from the others. Plant something really large at each end, so you kind of have big columns that mark off the ends of your property. Or do the opposite, with your really large stuff in the center and work down to really tiny plants at both ends. Either way, you would have definition that shows that your property stops there. Or maybe you could even do a corner set of privacy fencing or picket fencing on each end. My neighbors are jerks and they don't realize they did me a favor by putting up that fence! LOL It gave me a wall to create against. :) When you stand at the street, there is no guessing where the gardener lives. LOL

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

great ideas!! now, can I babysit, cause I'm gonna put those girls to work:)

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

They are great helpers! How do you think I got all the timbers to the beds? LOL They have their own wheel barrow and mind well. Just don't ask them to pull weeds. LOL They'd much rather be down there anyway. It is in the twenties here today.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

(((Michele)))

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images