Spring 2015 swap WITH pictures #2

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

ATTENTION ALL SWAPPERS!!

ANYBODY WHO HAS NOT MAILED OUT MITTSY'S BLOCK, DOUBLE CHECK YOU ARE USING NEW YORK ADDRESS!!!

If the only address you have is her FLORIDA one, please contact Mittsy or me to get her Cicero NY address.

Yep, needed a new thread! Reached that 200 mark.

Please try to mail by July 6, let us know if you're having problems. I've seen some beautiful blocks finding new homes!

This message was edited Jul 4, 2015 9:24 PM

Thumbnail by psychw2
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

Sending out 4 block to QOV-Stars, they'll go to the P.O. tomorrow. Hopefully finishing the binding on my tree skirt tonight.
Heading to TN to pick up the greats, they like to spend a few weeks here every summer.. Be back home Fri. and company coming for the 4th.
It's also the start of the National Cherry Festival up here....means something like a million extra visitors up here. Did all my grocery shopping ahead of time so we can avoid the whole thing.

Ya Karen, that's how I feel about Boat Race weekend. LOTS of out of state visitors here to drink and party. I prefer to be OUT OF TOWN for that weekend! Hydroplane races are not my deal.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thunder, enjoy,enjoy, enjoy!

Karen, know you love having the family with you on special occasions, wonderful that you are having a full house.

I also live in cottage country and one that holds mega events during the summer, yep, just learn for those few months to shop during the week, early mornings and all is well in the world..

Another skirt finished. I didn't think of this pattern for a skirt until I had some trimmed off pieces from the last skirt that I couldn't bear to throw away. The last skirt I really errored in resizing and it was way to big. I totally took it apart and cut down each block. The left overs were almost the right size for this pattern. I made myself a binding tool and trimmed the pieces. I'm pretty happy with this one. I found the holly leaf pattern to use as there were such large light areas.

Thumbnail by siliolegma
Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

That is beautiful, Karen. From leftover scraps, too. Wow!
Julie and Barb's blocks are going out this morning. On my third try for a pieced heart. Daughter and family are arriving today from Vero Beach, so don't know how much sewing I'll be able to get to after today.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Fantastic Karen, great job..someone will be thrilled in getting it.
Spectacular...

Ocean Springs, MS

Karen, how beautiful.

Leaving TN tomorrow. Don't want to leave but things at home need me!

Thunder, enjoy your vacation.

Y'all have a beautiful day.

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Beautiful Karen!!!!

Should be a quiet weekend here.

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Karen, I love that tree skirt!

Julie, I got your block today! I love the fabrics you used!

Thumbnail by taters55
Victoria Harbour, ON

Patriotic indeed, will look fabulous in your quilt lindakay. Job well done Julie..have those fabrics as well

I made a red/white/blue tote bag on Friday morning, we had it for a draw when at the gathering Saturday, as it turns out Judy was excited, it was fabrics she had given me last year when we got together in Chicago
Would have been funny had she won it. Lol

Who won the bag?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Ester from the round up
She was pkeased

Julie, the heart block arrived today, thank you! I have that fabric in the pink/green combo, I have not seen it in the pink lavender, very pretty! Sorry, I have not conquered my camera issue yet. Still way too busy with Dad at hospital and still at work too.

Julie, your block arrived. I love it and you did a wonderful job on it. Thank you. Will post photos soon.

Victoria Harbour, ON

I'm anxious to see photo's

Have to go back in posts, not sure everyone responded as to if they received the ones I sent

Ocean Springs, MS

You are all very welcome. Glad you like them. I love patriotic fabrics. Pat, I tried piecing a heart but couldn't get seams right. Thank you all for looking over my imperfections. :)

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Received my butterfly block from Julie. So pretty, nice job.

Thumbnail by mittsy
Victoria Harbour, ON

It is indeed

Betty, I got my block from you.

Mittsy, that is beautiful.

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

Im not sure where I left off posting whose great blocks Ive gotten. Barbs, Bettys, Julie, Mittsy, Karen. I love each and every one.

I got my last two done...the thimbleberries, showed them to my husband and daughter, and they said..." oh...I thought you were done with your RWB blocks". UGGGGGGGG Not sure what to do. It didnt hit me before, they were just deep tones of gold, red, blue and bieige, but now...all I see is rwb lolol life. Im going to let them sit today and think about it, I tried to fit the green in, but you can only do so much. I will start packaging the others for the mail. I did use one pattern a few colors, it was just fun. :-)

Victoria Harbour, ON

I'm find with the color they are..

I am too Pam. Don't change anything.....

Victoria Harbour, ON

Received 2 gorgeous blocks this afternoon

I love the color scheme Kare and the pattern

Thank you

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Julie, wonderful job, you did good girl

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Glad you like it Betty.

We just got back in MI. Just 4 hours to home. After we stop for dinner that is.

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

Ive been looking at my blocks, they're my story and Im sticking to it. :-) I dont see the rwb anymore, I see what I inteneded.
Im so excited. All Ive got left is to clip strings and package up.

Nice blocks Karen and Julie!!

Ocean Springs, MS

Thank you all for being so forgiving with my blocks! I love you all for it! ♥

I got blocks from Betty and Mittsy! So beautiful. Betty, I love the kite! And Mittsy, I love the colors... pretty in pink! I am so excited to put things together when I receive all my blocks! ♥
Thank you both so much.

Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl
Victoria Harbour, ON

Julie, don't know why but I think of you as a whimsical and fun person
Use it as a pillow or something, likely not fit in with your quilt design
Leave it to me to be different

Karen you made good time

Wow! I love all the blocks coming in.

Ocean Springs, MS

Betty, I love it just the way it is and it will definitely use it in my quilt. Yes, I can be fun and whimsical when I'm not having to deal with ugly and vindictive people. Just more family drama! UGH! I am so blessed to have all my friends here that love me! I love all of you! ♥

About an hour to home. My butt will be very happy.

Home...Finally

Julie I got the lovely block you made me, photo tomorrow.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Glad you are home and hopefully sound asleep..will you have to drive them back in a few weeks time or will parents come to get them?

Received a beautiful block from Mittsy. Thank you!!!

Asleep??? With 5 kids in the house who are excited to be together??? Parents will be up for vacation in 3 weeks.

My block from Julie, isn't it pretty?

Thumbnail by siliolegma

Karen, that is beautiful.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Nice block Karen, will fit in with your Xmas blocks..bet you are thinking 'tree skirts' again right

Imagine they are all excited..is the lake warm enough to swim in yet?

Oh yeah water is warm enough. Today they will be going to the air show. This year it's the Thunderbirds, next year will be the Blue Angels. They alternate years. The National Cherry Festival craziness starts.

I received the QOV Stars quilt that I get to present. So excited it's an Air Force vet. I will call in a bit to see if they would like the presentation this week-end.

Think I'll make a few more RW&B star blocks and then back to Tree Skirts.

I hope you can get pictures during the presentation.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.