Growth on fish

Ventress, LA(Zone 8b)

These fish have a growth on them. It seems to be on the gold fish and not the koi. All of these fish have been in this pond for over than a year. This problem has been over 6 months, but seems to be larger and on more than one fish now. What should I do. The water is clear. That is just a reflection you are seeing from the lattice work cover.

Thumbnail by plantsforpeg
Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Someone else had a problem with growths. Hopefully they will chime in. I've had lots of sick fish but never that problem. Glad it's not on the koi.

Even tho water is clear it could still not be healthy. If you have a test kit I would test the water.

I learned the hard way how important water quality is.

Good luck with your fish.

Bonnie D.

Ventress, LA(Zone 8b)

Thanks Bonnie. I'll review older posts.

Decatur, GA

It was me that has the fish with the tumor. I have talked to an expert recently who said some fish just get these growths and short of surgery there isn't much to do about it.
Here is a partial pictorial of my fish's sad story.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1369741/

Virginia Beach, VA

My kois are growing except for one that is orange and white. It is at least 4 years old and maybe 7 inches.

I just bought 5 butterflies from PA and they are growing.

Belle

Decatur, GA

bellieg, why don't you start a new thread with pictures of your new fish. I know other people would be interested in seeing them. Me included.

Virginia Beach, VA

Good idea!!! I will

Belle

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.