Our annual end-of-summer contest is here, come on down to the Dave's Garden County Fair!

Spring arrived yesterday. Has spring arrived at your house?

(Zone 7a)
There are a total of 36 votes:

Spring? There's still snow on the ground!
(1 votes, 2%)
Red dot

I see signs of spring, but it isn't really here yet.
(6 votes, 16%)
Red dot

We have daffodils blooming and buds swelling.Spring is close.
(15 votes, 41%)
Red dot

Yes, Spring has arrived, green grass, flowers and butterflies.
(14 votes, 38%)
Red dot

My climate dosn't really have spring.
(0 votes, 0%)
Red dot

I'm in the Southern Hemisphere. It is Fall here.
(0 votes, 0%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Canton, IL(Zone 5b)

While daffodils are in bloom, as are forsythia bushes, and pussy willow are putting on kits, we have had cold temperatures return. Daytime highs of 30 - upper 40's, freezing temps at night. We are having a couple days of 60 degree temps at this time, but back down to 40's during the day and close to freezing at night until at least this coming Sunday, March 27.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Frankly, I think it might be more accurate to say that SUMMER has arrived here. We reached 90F last week and had been in the mid 80s for 2wks prior to that. It has been slightly cooler so far this week (70-80) only because of the storm that is going through the northern US.

We had an exceptionally warm winter this year. Our winter was more like spring with most days in the 70's. We were well into January before we finally got an overnight frost sufficient to force lawns into winter dormancy (i.e. brown). Some weeds in my backyard never did die back at all. Thus having had spring all winter long, we are now experiencing early summer. Given that we reached 90F this year even before the 1st day of spring, I shudder to think what our summer will be like.

This message was edited Mar 22, 2016 8:40 PM

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Spring came the end of February and the next day summer came, then the official first day of Spring it was winter temps again. That's Florida for ya, crazy! We are heading back into summer next week. LOL

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

We're under a winter storm watch.

Canton--Football HOF, OH(Zone 6a)

In Northeast Ohio, the 2016 Spring season has proven to be mainly unseasonably warm with Winter-like temperatures tucked in here and there. We did have flurries on the first day of Spring...

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

It's been more like summer here.

Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.