Our annual end-of-summer contest is here, come on down to the Dave's Garden County Fair!

What garden project is on your 'must do' list this spring?

(Zone 7a)
There are a total of 35 votes:

I'm finally getting a veggie garden.
(2 votes, 5%)
Red dot

I'm building raised beds.
(5 votes, 14%)
Red dot

I'm geting a new patio or seating area in my garden.
(4 votes, 11%)
Red dot

I'm getting a water feature.
(1 votes, 2%)
Red dot

I'm re-working the landscaping at my house.
(13 votes, 37%)
Red dot

Other (tell us!)
(10 votes, 28%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

None of these. I re-worked a few things in the landscape last year. Already have a veggie garden and raised beds. Will probably replace a couple of pillows in the patio/back porch seating. A couple are beginning to look a little faded. Other than weeding & replacing cardboard & mulch, which I've been working on the last couple of weeks, it's just routine maintenance for me.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

I hope to have the front yard re-landscaped, the deck replaced, and a concrete driveway poured.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

I am trying to turn the field by my back yard into a flower field. Starting with daylilies and anything else that I can find.

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

My family bought a house that I've moved into on 1/2 acre. So much to do and I'm already behind. I need to dig a pond for summer irrigation, rip out the front lawn and amend the soil so that cut sweet pea, stocks, sunflowers, etc can be planted. Removal of blackberry has been a primary focus. Build my little greenhouse on the back porch. Not enough time in the day.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Veggie garden, preferably on time this year.

I didn't choose the "...finally getting a veggie garden" option, because I've been planting one for a few years now, but I don't usually get my plants/seeds in the ground in accordance with the recommended dates for my area. Since we have a very long growing season, 2 back to back summer seasons really, planting late still works for me, but there are numerous benefits to getting started early.

Casa Grande, AZ

Building raised beds is an ongoing project I slowly but steadily squeeze in all year long between weeding, planting and life's chaos in general. Here are two I built with my own 2 little hands. Hey...they work. I said I could make them, not that I was a stone mason o.k.! :D

Also have been getting into putting plants in decorative pots in the yard. This way there is some additional visual interest and varying degrees of size, texture and height in the yard. Added bonus is that if the plant isn't faring well in its present location its pot can either be moved or the plant removed and planted elsewhere in the yard.

Thumbnail by Agavegirl1 Thumbnail by Agavegirl1 Thumbnail by Agavegirl1 Thumbnail by Agavegirl1 Thumbnail by Agavegirl1
Canton--Football HOF, OH(Zone 6a)

We inherited our old, ugly and improperly installed patio when we moved in to our near century old home 26 years ago. The patio is made with 8" x 16" concrete pavers that are crumbling, so we are in desperate need of an entirely new patio. Water drainage has nowhere to go but down below grade, so a drain in the center of the patio which leads to a dry well is in order. Old house, back door threshold about 2 inches above grade, gotta think outside the box!

South Hamilton, MA

hybridizing with dwarf irises

Lake Stevens, WA(Zone 8a)

What great projects!
Me, it's just :
Ivy removal.
Blackberry removal.
Pampas Grass removal (turns out this is actually the worst)..
AAAAgh...

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Adding agility training equipment in the backyard for my grand-daughter's Aussie puppy. Trying to change up the landscape again to accommodate another (very active) dog who has already chewed a beloved hydrangea to the ground. ; (

Union City, CA(Zone 9b)

My wife found a cast table and 2 chairs - so plastic went to curb ,
neighbor saw it and all 3 pieces went to her back yard .

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.