Calling all writers, especially those who wax poetic! If you have a way with words, here's your chance to put pen to paper and try your hand at writing an award-winning piece for us. Find all the details on our contest page.

How much snow did you receive over this past winter?

(Zone 7a)
There are a total of 53 votes:

Snow? What's that?
(24 votes, 45%)
Red dot

We had a dusting or two.
(4 votes, 7%)
Red dot

We had less than three inches total.
(7 votes, 13%)
Red dot

We had less than a foot total.
(6 votes, 11%)
Red dot

We had over a foot, but less than two feet of snow.
(8 votes, 15%)
Red dot

We had well over two feet of snow.
(4 votes, 7%)
Red dot

I'll tell you when it quits snowing...it's still winter here!
(0 votes, 0%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Casa Grande, AZ

I think this says it all. Christmas in AZ.

Thumbnail by Agavegirl1 Thumbnail by Agavegirl1 Thumbnail by Agavegirl1
Kingsville, TX(Zone 9b)

I've lived in this town in S TX since 1969, and seen snow twice. What locals called 'snow' in the late 70's or early 80's, I forget when it was, was actually just a light dusting of sleet. But on Dec. 24, 2004, we got actual, real SNOW! A couple of inches of it. A white Christmas in South Texas! A real miracle!

Cascade, VA(Zone 7a)

quite a mild winter here, in fact it seemed to almost be a year without a winter, lol. did snow maybe once, but it was just like a thin layer of powdered sugar

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Snow- myths of Houston... rain now, well, 500yr floods happening now...

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

No snow or ice. Grass was still green in Jan. Only a few isolated nights near freezing. Rarely needed the heater or A/C; more like an extra spring than winter - spring w/o the dizzying onslaught of flowers and green things. Also, more like our normal winters (as opposed to the few colder winters we had in recent years).

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.