Our annual end-of-summer contest is here, come on down to the Dave's Garden County Fair!

Help please! Lots of plants.

Hampstead, NC

Hello, I bought a house in November and the previous owner was a obvious gardener. I'm trying my hardest to keep everything alive and going but I can't figure out what some things are. Please help me identify these plants. The first 2 photos are the same plant. One is what was sticking out of the ground and the second is the bulb that came up when I pulled the plant thinking it was a weed. The next 2 photos are also the same plant just a close up picture and far away picture. The last photo is separate. I have more plants I need help identifying but I can only upload 5 photos. Thanks in advance!

Thumbnail by Larynko8 Thumbnail by Larynko8 Thumbnail by Larynko8 Thumbnail by Larynko8 Thumbnail by Larynko8
Groveland, FL

The 1st two pictures could be Florida Betony. The 3rd and 4th look like Asparagus.

(Zone 6b)

I agree - the third and fourth are certainly asparagus! You hit the jackpot. :)

Hampstead, NC

I did get very lucky! There are also strawberries and lots of spices around the corner. No one knows what the 5th picture is?

This message was edited Apr 21, 2016 9:53 PM

(Zone 6b)

My best guess is lemongrass?

Waldorf, MD

Agree, definitely aspagus on the 4th pic. Harvest when its 6-8" in height and has the diameter of a pencil. Best sauteed or lightly grilled - Indeed a jackpot. 5th looks like a lemon grass or pandan which is used in flavoring asian dishes or putting on top of rice while its steaming for a wonderful aroma.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.