Minor fertilizer burn on leaves

Cascade, VA(Zone 7a)

So this morning i thought i would feed my plants with a granular fertilizer, i was in a bit of a rush this morning so i was a little more careless than i should have been with it and accidentally got some of the granules on the leaves without noticing. after checking the garden again this evening im noticing some leaf burn on some things. an entire leaf on one of my cucumber seedlings turned into a limp rag. The sweet corn also suffered a little. only the newest leaf at the top of the stalks. other things have small patchy brown spots, but otherwise no limp wilting. I did give things a good watering after i found out about this to try to help rinse things down a little. just wondering if i will have to start over?

Cascade, VA(Zone 7a)

photos taken today

Thumbnail by jmc1987 Thumbnail by jmc1987 Thumbnail by jmc1987
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I think you'll be okay, but you might want to plant another cuke or sow some more seeds.

Cascade, VA(Zone 7a)

yeah 2 out of the 6 cuke sprouts got burned, the others are ok. things dont seem to be getting any worse, so it must not have been a fatal dose, lol. we also just had a huge downpour so that should help to dilute things down even more.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.