June Challenges/Projects/Organizing Ourselves!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning everyone,

Sunshine day in my neighborhood, hope same happening in yours..

Moved us over into a new month, Lordy the year is going by so quickly,

we came from here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1423370/

I managed to get block 5 f 12 done, of course doing or trying to do 3 so makes for a lot of piece cutting..Think my 6th block will be Prince Edward Island

Goal is to set more stone slab near pond for patio..
Get a perm this afternoon so likely won't get to play much more in the sewing room but there is always another day

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Beautiful block Betty. What kind of bird?

Victoria Harbour, ON

From the east coast province, a Puffin

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Oh, oh! I have one for the "organizing" part!

I was stopping by Nature's Emporium last week to pick up a brush for my dog, when I decided to go in to the newly opened Salvation Army store next door. (I am on the lookout for nightstands and/or dressers for the kids). Anyway, did not find anything for them, but I did find this black . . . what they called "computer" table . . . for $20! After putting some weight all over the top, I brought it home. It is now a Sewing Machine and Embroidery Machine table! Now I don't need to get up and move to a different part of the room! (yes, and as you can see, I have already been using the poor thing!)

Thumbnail by Syrumani

That looks nice Nichole!

Victoria Harbour, ON

What a bargain Nicole, sure makes life easier for sewing when you've a good workplace..bet you will be dropping in more often to see what goodies they have.

Rained last night so too wet to work outside right now, I will pick another province and cut the appliqué pieces for it, at least get them cut if not done completely.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

The puffin is wonderful, the desk a GREAT find! My husband scored a wooden headboard and foot-board. Somebody had it on top of load of stuff obviously going to the dump and he asked for it. Will likely become another garden bench.

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

It is great to see you again Nichole. I think the table is just right.

I love having my sewing set up with a 90 degree angle so I can pivot from sewing machine to serger and never leave my chair.

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

I don't have room for a 90 deg. angle but I do have them side by each so switching back 7 forth is fairly easy. Doesn't seem like I use my serger so much any more as I'm mostly quilting.

Victoria Harbour, ON

I rarely use mine Barb, it's sitting on a cupboard in the craft room

Rained all night, weather is heavy, much too damp for outdoor work so maybe I'll finish quilting that daisy blanket and get it out of the road, might even have time to finish another province block

With all the doll clothes I'm sewing right now, I'm using the serger as much or more than my sewing machine.

I just love your province blocks, that quilt is going to be soooooooo pretty. I know you said you were making 3, I can't remember what you had planned for THREE!!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

My two boys and a friend, part of their Xmas pressies

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

So lovely to see you posting Nicole, I don't get on very often as I am looking after my neighbors having some health problems. They were so good to us and welcoming when we first moved here, now it is payback time. I'm still turning out the Isolette quilts at about 2 to 3 a week, ran out of batting, so setting tops aside until we can find a good sale on Warm and Natural. We recently had some vintage pink Davy Crockett fabric donated to us and I modified our Ring Around Rosie pattern to shorten it up, Pairing it with red bandana print and horseshoes. ??????
WESTERN FRONTIER....................... We have a beautiful Indian panel to use for the backing. I guess it will be fine when all put together. I still need some black to make a small border before adding the pink borders. What do you think? I took a photo of my workspace and decided it was too much of a mess to post.

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy

The neatened area, I like to be able to look out on the patio garden while I sew.

Thumbnail by mittsy

What about a TOT "solid" red border before the pink Indian print instead of black? cute combination, very unusual!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Pat, one for each of my boys and a friend..making headway, slow but sure.

Mittsy I love how someone gives you fabrics and you come up with a treasure..what size will it be?

approx 40 x 42 ish
I'll have to check my tot reds

Hoping to begin sewing on the new quilt for my room. It is going to be dark blues and a cream print.... Almost done with the cutting.....

Ooooh love that color combo, can't wait to see.

I think part of my problem is I have learned to LOVE ALL combos! LOL Combinations that never appealed to me before, after working on DG and block swaps and seeing all the marvelous things you all make, I want to try them ALL!!!

I've branched out (*sigh*) and that means BIGGER stash!

Stashes just seem to grow and grow..

Victoria Harbour, ON

Great combo indeed

Need a few fabrics to continue with the 'my canada'quilt, might take a run into Midlamd but few choices there..might have to wait until I go to Barrie Friday..am sure I will find other things to play with.

Oh no.... coworkers are starting to add to my stash! Coworker bought me 3 bags of scraps from yard sale! LOL I'm going to sort thru, cut out the doll clothes and get rid of rest before it takes up permanent residence here.

Victoria Harbour, ON

☺️, nice of them, let's hope it's worth keeping
Have the same here re people dropping off what they think are treasure, learnt to get rid of it as quickly as it comes in.

Sil Linda just got here, it's a coaster making day, what I'll get up to who knows..

A FEW things were worth having, 90% or more, NOT. Whats not worth saving is going OUT today! Cut out and sewed 4 pairs of pants last night from a corderory herringbone print in black & beige fabric. I still have a few more scraps of it and will be able to get a skirt or two with vest.

We would love to see the clothes your making Pat.

Here is the finished irises. 15" wide and 22" tall.

Thumbnail by Quilter5bdsr
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Oh, beautiful, Barb.

I've been up to nothing but lurking and catching up on chores in Atlanta.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Beautiful Barb, you'll be anxious to see it framed

Took out fixings for another block for 'my Canada' quilt after LINDA left having done 20 wine glass coasters and 4 neck coolants, no sooner organized myself felt the urge for a nap, coming down with a cold, brrrr that the doorbell rang, girlfriend Diane came to visit..much to late in the day to get energetic so the block will have to wait.

Try to rest some Laurel

Pat, I'm with Lindakay,mended to see some od your doll clothes.

Get some rest and get rid of that cold.

Barb, that is beautiful.

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

Nice irises Barb. Its that time of year, so hot it makes you sick, so Im in to sew and catch up on what I started the first of the year. There is an irish chain I really want to finish, and the craftsy BOM. Good to see everyone!
I do have a border to do for a little round robin that Im going to need help with...stand by ;-)

SOME of what I have been working on.

Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2

Wow Pat, these are awesome.

Thank you Karen, they have been a blast to make and the granddaughters are thrilled! I still have LOTS more cut out, and some in various stages of almost done.

What a collection of haute couture for these dolls!!! Great job Pat.

Pat, those are awesome outfits for sure. I know your granddaughters are happy!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Omg Pat, you've the patience of a saint, I would NOT have the patience to undertake making such miniature outfit...gorgeous they are. It's not a wonder the granddaughters want to play with dolls with such fashionable ware.

Time do go, doing a bike-a-thon to raise funds gpfor cancer that my grandson Kyke is putting on..I'm warmly dressed, sun is out but the winds are so strong, not sure i'll be able to do the entire run

ENTIRE RUN?? Heck, I wouldn't attempt to waddle the whole way!

It's been fun! This was this afternoon's work. When my grandson stopped by with his (step) sister to pick up her Bday doll and clothes, I asked if he would like a boy doll and he said YES. (I had already bought one). I spent the afternoon making patterns to fit his doll and clothes for it. I got 3 shirts made, & the 1 shirt he came with altered so it could put and off. I had to cut the little shorts off, they were seamed into the doll. I got 2 pair of shorts and one pair of "jeans". The shoes are part of the legs so they can't be changed. #2 is the backs of the Tshirts showing closures, the #3 shirt is close up of the New Orleans shirt. That was part of a big overall picture that said
"SHUT UP"
then the crayfish picture
"And SUCK IT"
Bourbon Street
New Orleans
I seamed out the shut up and suck it. I loved the crayfish but NO Way was I going to incorporate the rest of it! Bourbon Street would have been fine but I had make it all work within the size of the shirt as well. I have to made or find a suitable bag for it all. I've given all the girls their dolls, clothes and bag to store it all in so need find something suitable for Aiden's. I hope he doesn't mind, I have named his doll "Scott" That is Aiden's middle name.

Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2

Those are awesome Pat.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.