Anyone have an answer??

Hardin County, TX

My tomato leaves have started yellowing & die leaf by leaf, limb by limb, going from bottom to top of plant. I can't see any "bugs" anywhere. Any answers please??

Thumbnail by wfj1998 Thumbnail by wfj1998 Thumbnail by wfj1998
Cascade, VA(Zone 7a)

looks like you have a case of blight, which is a fungal disease. Most often is likely to occur if plants are too closely spaced together that it restricts air circulation, or if theres water splashing up soil onto the leaves. Or sometimes even if its just plain too humid. Usually once a plant gets infected with it, not much can be done for it.

When you are stuck in a wet and humid weather pattern like you guys in TX have been in, best advice is to get an anti fungal plant spray and use as a preventative weekly.

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Sounds like Fusarium Wilt. It is a soil borne fungus Normally combated by using resistant varieties. Fungicides are pretty useless if that is the problem. http://plantdiseasehandbook.tamu.edu/food-crops/vegetable-crops/tomato/

Hardin County, TX

Thanks for both replies. I will try to determine exactly what this is tomorrow, but it's supposed to be raining again.......

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Yay for more rain....NOT! LOL We're still water logged.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Yeah those look like a foliar fungus. Some sort of copper spray or Daconil can help slow the spread to new leaves, cut off and remove the infected leaves from the vicinity, I usually prune them into a small box and dump it in the kitchen trash.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

You can sprinkle dry garlic powder (like you probably have in your spice rack) on the ground around the plants, too. Trim off all affected leaves. Reapply after rain.

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

I didn't realize F. Wilt could cause leaf lesions....this humidity is going to do me in. Lol

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

I'm ripping all my tomato plants this week. Too much rain...

Hardin County, TX

I'm tempted to pull mine up, but I'll try the suggestion of copper spray or daconil, then sprinkle the garlic powder. We'll see what happens

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.