OCTOBER Ideas,Challenges & Organizing myself! Come share your projects..

Victoria Harbour, ON

We came from here

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1431659/?page=8#post_10259224

What a glorious sunshine day, mix in the trees showing their fall colors , well you can't get much better than that

This message was edited Oct 5, 2016 9:31 AM

This message was edited Oct 5, 2016 9:43 AM

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

October is costume month, thought I was past that but seems grandsons and sons have decided they need costumes Sooo busy getting supplies and trying how to figure some out..

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Drunk isn't as easy as one would think, getting there slow burn sure..need Greg to drop in to figure out next step

They loved this costume

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eITkP2sEIc8

So far I've got here..photo 3

My stepfather made a lamp shade mom kept dear, while we were away to Buffalo somehow it got broken..don't want to take it apart but think I can add foil inside/outside of breaks and solder..not up to taking the entire shade apart

This weekend is our thanksgiving so have 2 more days to play then it's baking Nd cooking time

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Love all your projects.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Got mom's lamp shade repaired
Cut some decals for Braedon and Caleb's costume

Made headway today, in need of shirts so a trip to town is in order..Lordy going to cut it up, had looked at Salvation Army last week but nothing suitable, hate to spend $$ to cut up

Thanks Lindakay

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Why Betty? You do it all the time when you go to Rochester and then cut up all the fabric you buy!!! LOLOL

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

loving your costumes but grateful my sons have not hit me up for costumes! I enjoyed that phase of life but I'm also enjoying NOT making kids costumes!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

it's been many a year since I made costumes, and then it was only for my own kids - youngest of which is 38...... :-)

Victoria Harbour, ON

Just going downstairs, costumes calling my name

Omg been watching news bulletin on the hurricane
It's beyond worrisome, sure hope everyone heads the warning and find safe area for a few days

Hope any of you who may be close to east coast or have family there are safe

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

We evacuated to Jack's brothers. They have hurricane shutters so we came through fine. Came back to CB today and have very little damage. So grateful. Thanks for all the prayers.

Glad to hear you are okay.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

so glad to hear you're ok, Mittsy!!

We spent Thurs getting & cashing our cheque from the City (hooray, we have funds, and bought the rest of the items we need for our home's rebuilding!!), then Friday we had a snow storm / blizzard, and it's still snowing today. Tuesday it's supposed to clear up and we get our delivery of the balance of our building materials then- lumber, insulation, etc.

Susan, LOL, I had to look and refresh my memory where you live! SNOW! ARGGGG!!
I'm so happy you have your money and can start in earnest getting your home all put together, rebuilt and restored!

Finally Susan!!! I'm so happy for you and Bob. Maybe now, things will turn around and start going your way. Bob needs the rest but I sure wish you had help building that room.....

So glad to hear you went to Jack's brothers during the hurricane Mittsy. And that there is minimal damage at your home. You surely don't need any of that.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Well, my thanksgiving dinner is over, fun day yesterday, mega laughs
Boys even did some projects that needed to be done before the snow comes..big job was closing in the screened in back prick, saves me shovelling it and makes a nice wind breaker before entering and best of all don't have to worry about where to put my good patio set.

They brought my cement bench I had poured from back 40, set it up on back deck now enclosed so I can work on it, doing it for a Xmas gift, top will be mosaic, using left over glass from my stained glass projects and glass bobbles, no design, just random placements

Turned my sewing room into dining room yesterday, almost have it back to a sewing room..goals this week is finishing 4 costumes, Xmas scrap snowman quilt and sewing the my Canada quilt blocks together,if I get that done I'll feel like I'm making ground.

Mittsy I'm thrilled you decided to stay with us, your works make us strive higher in our projects,much like pat.. bet you took a big sigh of relief when you saw you didn't have mega damage..best of all you were safe.

Breaks over, still much to do

You know, REAL poor mobility, diarrhea and washing machine that is not working is NOT a good combination.... Yep, Ben got sick while I was gone for 3+ days AND the washing machine went out.
We have worked on the washing machine today and are running a test on it now.

Now to get out the carpet shampooer... Aw... life in the FAST lane! LOL

Victoria Harbour, ON

So sorry for all your woes Pat, life can be challenging for sure!
hugs

Victoria Harbour, ON

Now that Thanksgiving is over it's time to finish costumes so I can get on to Christmas projects

Caleb and Braedon sent me photo of a costume they wanted

Photo 1 -their wants

Photo 2 - my rendition..just need to attach the black hose

Those turned out very nice!

Great job Betty. They will love them.....

Victoria Harbour, ON

What a sunshine day, tad cool but that's fall.

Sleepless night so decided to get out and cut flannel aunt Muriel dropped off last night in hopes I could make a rag quilt for her..

Just had coffee and porridge now ready to go downstairs and play with costumes

Before that though Ms Noseworthy is perched on recliner,grinning and reminding me first chore of the day is to hang her on the front door..

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Thanksgiving day - cooked dinner here, and took it over to Pat & Glenn's & enjoyed dinner & a lovely evening spent with friends.
Got the balance of the building supplies delivered Tues.

Just got a call from the Dr with a date for my right knee surgery - Jan 13th. I go for a class on Dec 16th beforehand, and another app't Oct 20th to see a couple of Drs
Now, to get some of my teeth work done, ahead of time.......

Victoria Harbour, ON

Glad you are getting yourself looked after Susan ..
Before you know it you'll be chasing Bon around the house

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

lol That would be nice, but Bob doubts it !!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Bedtime, worked on 3 different projects today

Almost done quilting on snowman quilt, hoping I can put binding on it tomorrow, then more on costumes and got all the blocks for rag quilt cut, x'd and ragged
Giving myself the weekend to put the rag quilt together for aunt Muriel

So accomplishing some

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I'm still knitting for the church - 2 cowls, a headband & fingerless gloves, and a child's tie hat.
I also did a baby blanket that I'm proud of, and one that I'm not proud of (oh well lol)
The church will sell, what the church sells lol
The sale is Nov 19th, so I have time to make more stuff, and I got "gifted" some wool that was in our arena's storage room that they didn't want to leave there for "critters" to use as nesting material lol

Betty, you cut the edges of the quilt, before you sew them together?

Glad to hear things are coming together for you Susan. I hope the chiro does a good job for Bob.

I've been busy with some knitting and crochet for the past couple of weeks. I made several preemie hats for the hospital and started making hats to match all the sweaters I made for any great grands that happen. Also gave a baby blanket to my landlord who just had a baby girl so I have started working on a new girl baby blanket to have on hand. I have spent hours online checking out different patterns for a new quilt for me. Just can't seem to make up my mind. The blue swirl quilt is beautiful and I love it but it is way too big for my daybed. I really thought I could manage it and make it work but it doesn't. So I am thinking I will put it aside for my oldest granddaughter who graduates high school this year. And then make another for me AGAIN!!!! Keeps me busy ......
Glad to read all is moving along Susan. You are keeping busy with good deeds
Sounds like all is normal with Betty... You accomplish so much....
Are you working on anything LK
Hoping to hear that Karen has had a transfusion and is feeling good again.....

I just got some Christmas fabrics in from Connecting threads, I just need to decide on a pattern for a Christmas quilt.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

oooooooooh a Christmas quilt - looking forward to seeing it, LK!! ideas, ideas, ideas lol

Chat later, ladies, when we're back

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

About 1 yesterday hubby took me to the ER. I was poked & prodded repeatedly until nearly 6. Verdict???? Not a darn thing wrong with me that they could find. ER Dr. did consult with my Dr. said he will be calling me to come to his office. I'm just totally puzzled. My hemoglobin count is still good. heart, liver and whatever else I still have are all fine. I'm still exhausted and out of breath so who knows. I told the Dr. as my grandmother used to say, " I'm just triffling".

Wow Karen. I sure hope your own doctor can figure out what is going on. When I complained to mine that I was constantly tired, she put me on an iron tablet which really helped. Especially with my hands and feet. I occasionally get a cramp in them but nothing like before. And they are warm!!! Not freezing all the time.
I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

I already take double iron and magnesium every day. Just crazy. Hard time breathing yet my lungs are clear. I know part with my legs is the diabetes. Maybe I need a B-12 pump me up.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Feel bad for you Karen..hope your regular doc calls soon..hugs

Lindakay, you will have to take photo of your fabrics, different than from Joanns?
Is it a Christmas quilt, throw or tree skirts you are looking for? Yes I cut the squares, trim off edges and rag, makes life so much easier. I have a die for accu quilt to rag but do like sitting on the couch and doing it, didn't take me long..2 more rows of blocks to put together then I can sew the 13 rows together..think aunt Muriel will be surprised, brought flannel Tuesday afternoon and will get a call in the a.m. To pick it up..she must do final wash herself at laundrymat

Barb, you have been busy..keep thinking I may have led you astray on mug rugs seeing you said you started them but haven't seen finished product..sorry if it didn't work..if it didn't can you tell me where I went wrong as to fix it on the thread. Tks

Just had homemade soup, yummy, watching cnn and cutting threads off the snowman Christmas quilt then I can bind it..will give me something to hand sew at nights

Time to get back to work (or is it play)

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

I dropped the ball on the mug rugs Betty. Your directions are really good. I have two with the applique sewn and two more to do. The other side will be easy. I have the pockets all folded and pressed. Meant to ask if you ran a top stitch along the fold to give it a bit more body. I did use a stabilizer under the mugs and they look a lot better. I can't work on them until next Monday as we are having company for the weekend and I'm going to try to make the knitting group tomorrow.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Glad I didn't cause you to have to throw out fabric Barb

Been working since after daybreak and just stopped long enough for a bowl od soup and piece of pie a few minutes ago..have 10 minutes before girls get here..they leave around 9:30,all anxious to get Xmas projects done

Didn't get the binding done on snowman scrap quilt but who knows if everyone is working on a projects might get it put on

Did 1 hour on Greg/Jeff's costumes and have rag quilt 11 blocks across by 13 blocks down, just have to sew each row to another row

Cleaned my mess

And there you go, productive day

Victoria Harbour, ON

Girls just left, table runners they are doing
Missy supervised

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Hey Karen - I was going to call and chat, then realized the time - 8pm = 10pm for you, so didn't want to call that late, of course :-)

All so productive! Karen, hope you get answers soon.

I'm still sewing doll clothes. We bagged up "kits" yesterday after work. We have 31 large Cabbage dolls done & 20 of the 18 inch dolls... more to do. Still sewing away...

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I have a question for you ladies - anyone know of Bernat blanket wool? I have 2 balls of it, and I'm Trying to find a hat pattern that I can make with it..... any kind of hat - toque, beanie, slouch hat or tam - anything.
I made a scarf and want to make a hat to match. It's baby girl pink

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.