butterscotch cake

Ontario, Canada

Hey there, do anyone of you know how to make a butterscotch cake by myself. I have all the ingredients ready but I couldn't find a recipe simple enough to try at my home. My kids are overwhelmed to have the cake.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

There are several ways to prepare... find The Cooking Channel, or 'Allrecipes' or 'Pinterest' and you have choices on how to do your cake.

There are a lot of awesome recipes on you tube, you could just refer that..

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

Here is a Brown Sugar Pound cake. I LOVE pound cake. If desired, you can drizzle some caramel over the finished product. I do not, I don't think it needs it.

Brown Sugar Pound Cake

• 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
• 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 5 large eggs
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup whole milk
• 1 – 8 ounce bag of toffee bits
• 1 cup pecans, chopped
•
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Spray a 12 cup Bundt pan with nonstick baking spray with flour. Set aside.
3. Beat the butter until creamy. Add sugars, beating until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture in thirds, alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat until just combined. Stir in toffee bits and pecans.
4. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
5. Bake until a wood pick inserted near the center of cake comes out clean, 75 to 85 minutes.
6. Cover top of cake with foil to prevent excess browning if necessary.
7. Let cake cool in pan for 30 minutes.
8. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack. NOTE: Don’t freak out if some of the cake sticks. Mine did too. It’s because this cake is so moist.

Delhi, India

Quote from Anna_Z :
Here is a Brown Sugar Pound cake. I LOVE pound cake. If desired, you can drizzle some caramel over the finished product. I do not, I don't think it needs it.

Brown Sugar Pound Cake

• 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
• 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 5 large eggs
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup whole milk
• 1 – 8 ounce bag of toffee bits
• 1 cup pecans, chopped
•
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Spray a 12 cup Bundt pan with nonstick baking spray with flour. Set aside.
3. Beat the butter until creamy. Add sugars, beating until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture in thirds, alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat until just combined. Stir in toffee bits and pecans.
4. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
5. Bake until a wood pick inserted near the center of cake comes out clean, 75 to 85 minutes.
6. Cover top of cake with foil to prevent excess browning if necessary.
7. Let cake cool in pan for 30 minutes.
8. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack. NOTE: Don’t freak out if some of the cake sticks. Mine did too. It’s because this cake is so moist.

Delhi, India

Wao "Anna_Z". I will try at my home with your cake recipes. Basically i was find a website to send a cake to my sister. But i saw this post that's why i created this forum account to say thanks for this yummy recipe https://www.oyegifts.com/cakes/mumbai/ . Look, i created this one by using your recipe :) Thanks for it hehe :) i really love it ;)

Thumbnail by ggautam1 Thumbnail by ggautam1

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.