CLOSED: Bug found on my neck

Toronto, Canada

Hello!

I felt a weird sensation last night while working in my room at night (I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada). I immediately swatted my neck and I felt something rolling between my fingers and my skin, to which, when I looked at it, I thought it was a big booger that somehow got stuck on my neck. Upon closer examination I realized that it was a bug (incidentally, I was trying to fix a bug in my code).

The bug is mostly white and soft except for where the butt is which is brown. The legs, head, body are all white. I don't think it's a tick as I'm pretty sure it flew onto me, but it's bigger than most bugs I see around this time of year in the winter. It's about 1cm.

Please see the attached image. Unfortunately, the body has been partially destroyed from when I swatted it. Had I known it was an insect I would have tried not to kill it.

Thumbnail by skabei
Minot, ND

Definitely not a tick, but difficult to say much more because of its condition...

Toronto, Canada

Here's another photo. The head is on the left.. my photos keep getting rotated when I upload here.
I still have the body so I took more photos just now.

This message was edited Feb 24, 2017 9:30 PM

Thumbnail by skabei
Minot, ND

Sorry, but there just are not enough features discernible that would allow identification of this critter without putting it under microscope...

Toronto, Canada

Thanks for taking a look! I've never seen something like this before but I'll try to catch the next if I see one.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.